Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

I have a parcel that is coming from China and usually they go China to Vancouver, but this one I am waiting on went China to Ontario, which seems out of the way to me...lol

It's still waiting to clear customs, so who knows how long until it arrives in Vancouver...

8 days to go China to Ontario, let's see how long the final part of the trip takes.

MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.

China International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

China International item mailed in originating country
Old Jul 4th 2017, 5:14 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Day has just passed. A celebration of canadian values and a 150 year birthday. So what exactly are canadian values? How would you enumerate the benefits of living in Canada.

Well Canadian Post, that wonderfully efficient service has just exemplified a particular value for me.

Last year Canada Post installed a shiny new mailbox outside my border fence. They turned up one day without notice and disappeared a day or two later leaving behind them the result of their labours, a shiny new community mailbox.

All was well until last week. Warm weather.. but not too warm to stop me painting my fence, so I grabbed my brush and stain and went for it. As I say, all was going well until I arrived at the two panels and post against which the mailbox had been situated. Pushing the fence with the brush I was perturbed to note that what should have offered sturdy resistance was found to be a little wobbly. The fence is well maintained and very secure so I scratched my balding head and then...

'Bugger!' I thought, well I didn't just think it, it slipped out.. loudly. Yes, bugger it, those super efficient Canada Post men have probably leaned a little heavily on the fence and moved the concrete foundation of the wobbly fence post. A little remedial work and a little extra concrete would likely solve the problem.

So on Saturday I undertook a little excavation, cleared the surface soil and pushed the post to observe the concrete. I was wrong. The super efficient fence installation man had done a wonderful job, the foundation moved not a jot, the post itself was broken.

So now we return to those Canadian Values, in this case the workers had broken the post, but because the sturdy fence had withstood their attentions well, they'd not told anyone, they'd packed up and run away. So I'll tell my grandchildren that this is how canadians behave, a canadian value.

I am not pleased and have complained to Canada Post. We will see whether another of those famed Canadaian Values will be visited on me, that of ' Nuffin to do wiv us bro', we shall see.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 12:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Last year Canada Post installed a shiny new mailbox outside my border fence. They turned up one day without notice...
I expect the notification went missing in the mail.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 3:22 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Occasionally they get it right!
Originally Posted by BristolUK
I reckon I must be getting everyone else's share
Last month I bought a laptop from BestBuy for my mother in law. Delivered by Canada Post the next day.

On Friday I ordered one for me. Tracking details confirmed leaving Mississauga, delivery via Canada Post on Wednesday.

It arrived, today, Monday.

I must be getting everyone else's share.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

International stuff is ridiculous at the moment.

Items from the UK sent on fastest service taking 6-8 weeks to be delivered, despite arriving in Canada after 2-3 working days.

CBSA is a disgrace. Sort it out Trudeau...oh sorry, you're too busy making spliffs legal and posing for photo ops 🙄

Canada apparently didn't foresee the take-off of e-commerce...but it's still only the 1980s in Canada of course...
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:55 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by withabix
...CBSA is a disgrace. Sort it out Trudeau...
It's FL's fault.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
International stuff is ridiculous at the moment.

Items from the UK sent on fastest service taking 6-8 weeks to be delivered, despite arriving in Canada after 2-3 working days.

CBSA is a disgrace. Sort it out Trudeau...oh sorry, you're too busy making spliffs legal and posing for photo ops � ����

Canada apparently didn't foresee the take-off of e-commerce...but it's still only the 1980s in Canada of course...
You forgot about Trudeau's all inclusive/sunny days Spotify playlist.

Justin Trudeau Releases His Summer Playlist On Spotify

My Canada Post experience has been better. Package sent from the south of France on a Monday afternoon arrived here on Thursday in Ottawa.

Package sent to Toronto on a Wednesday afternoon from Ottawa the cheapest way and arrived in midtown Toronto on Friday.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

llysmabley is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year I sent some important documents to Canada House in London.

Three months later they were returned stating " Addressee moved "
When I complained to The Royal Mail, they said complaints from overseas had to be initiated by that country's postal system.

Canada post then refused to act as the problem was with another country's postal system. CATCH 22 again.

The States use the US Postal System for most mail to Canada and it is delivered to your door quickly with no problem. Amazon also bypasses Canada Post.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

AfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Please is there a way to track a letter sent from UK to Calgary. I can only track it up to Heathrow using Royal Mail international track and sign. It was posted on July 5th and last update on Royal Mail is on it way to Toronto on July 6th.

Last edited by AfroGlasgow; Jul 26th 2017 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the service provided is a tracking service in Canada, tracking will typically stop at the last point in the origin country.

That said Canada Post (well seems to be CBSA more then Canada Post) has been very slow at processing international mail, some people report months of waiting before an item shows up, others get it relatively quickly, all depends where the item enters Canada and how back logged CBSA is at that location.

I had a small parcel (bubble envelope) come from Australia to BC, and it took 6 1/2 months to be delivered.

Originally Posted by AfroGlasgow
Hi All,
Please is there a way to track a letter sent from UK to Calgary. I can only track it up to Heathrow using Royal Mail international track and sign. It was posted on July 5th and last update on Royal Mail is on it way to Toronto on July 6th.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AfroGlasgow
Hi All,
Use FedEx, UPS or something similar in the future.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 6:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I had a small parcel (bubble envelope) come from Australia to BC, and it took 6 1/2 months to be delivered.
You're lucky it wasn't a boomerang. It would have gone back to the sender.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

You're lucky it wasn't a boomerang. It would have gone back to the sender.

I have learned to ship anything coming from overseas to the US and then pick up from there, almost everything I have ordered and shipping to the US arrived within 7 calendar days.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 11:10 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I have learned to ship anything coming from overseas to the US and then pick up from there, almost everything I have ordered and shipping to the US arrived within 7 calendar days.
Anyone heard of or used Borderlinx? Ship to a US address supplied by them and they send on to you in Canada.

There appear to be other similar services from alternatives too.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 1:31 am
Account Closed

A good amount of those types of services, as well as the self serve variety where you go across the border and pick up.

As we are not far from a border crossing, we just use the self pick up alternative, so I have never used the forwarding services where it's sent to them and then forwarded to Canada which would still face delays coming into Canada via postal service.

Anyone heard of or used Borderlinx? Ship to a US address supplied by them and they send on to you in Canada.

There appear to be other similar services from alternatives too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.