Daily Rant

Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:10 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daily Rant

When I bought a big screen TV a few years back I went into the store, told them about the new price in their flyer and said I'd take it. Asked them when they could deliver & they replied "Are you going home right now?" and proceeded to load up the van and follow us home.

A couple of years ago I bought an ATV from a dealer some 2 hrs or so from St. John's. Buddy loaded it up on his truck and delivered it that evening by 6pm.

Simply don't recognise the poor service model that is the subject of the original rant. Then again we don't have a Brick on The Rock. Life goes on.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:36 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
When I bought a big screen TV a few years back I went into the store, told them about the new price in their flyer and said I'd take it. Asked them when they could deliver & they replied "Are you going home right now?" and proceeded to load up the van and follow us home.

A couple of years ago I bought an ATV from a dealer some 2 hrs or so from St. John's. Buddy loaded it up on his truck and delivered it that evening by 6pm.

Simply don't recognise the poor service model that is the subject of the original rant. Then again we don't have a Brick on The Rock. Life goes on.
All well and good, AX, but you didn't mention that that was in fact the only big screen TV on the Rock, and that all the Newfies been coming from many miles around to press their impoverished little noses up against the window of The Shop That Has One Of Them Big Screen TVs for at least a year. The manager of the Shop That Has One Of Them Big Screen TVs had been hoping and praying that somebody went to Alberta to get a job, or won the Lotto, so that they could afford to buy Newfoundland's only Big Screen TV...
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:45 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
All well and good, AX, but you didn't mention that that was in fact the only big screen TV on the Rock, and that all the Newfies been coming from many miles around to press their impoverished little noses up against the window of The Shop That Has One Of Them Big Screen TVs for at least a year. The manager of the Shop That Has One Of Them Big Screen TVs had been hoping and praying that somebody went to Alberta to get a job, or won the Lotto, so that they could afford to buy Newfoundland's only Big Screen TV...
Your view of the Rock is somewhat outdated. All those wealthy types working in the energy sector mean that sales of big screen tv's, trucks, furniture, upscale dining etc are booming in St. John's. Being a poverty stricken employee of another industry I could only afford the big screen tv out of my moving over from the UK funds. Sadly replacing it (as it is a CRT projection model & somewhat of an antique in TV terms) is unlikely in the near future.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP has a very valid point. Customer service is crap. A recent example was an 'everything Bagel' (with light cream cheese....and toasted) recently purchased from my local drive through Timmy's!

I found that the lazy mare who served me failed to cut the completed item ALL the the way through creating two equal halves! I actually had to break the bagel in two creating a crumb mountain on the passenger seat of my truck.. Christ...is this too much to ask? To cap it all, said lazy mare failed to secure the top on my coffee properly almost creating a muddy mess!

Just cant get the bloody staff it seems...hence the lamentable customer service.....
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:26 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I think the problem is that too many of the little darlings get crap degrees but Canada being Canada the economy can’t provide enough decent jobs so consequently they’re more than likely stuck in some service or retail job they think is beneath them. They're not incapable of providing decent service they're just resentful when doing it.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat

Buddy ! .... Buddy ffs - You have become assimilated as a Newf already - if I ever use the phrase "buddy" in a post can you come round my house and shoot me please

On another note I got a 50" plasma from costco just over 2 years back that crapped out 6 weeks after the warranty expired - having a bugger of a job to get them to do something to help
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:15 am
Slightly Canadian

Originally Posted by nldfc
Buddy ! .... Buddy ffs - You have become assimilated as a Newf already - if I ever use the phrase "buddy" in a post can you come round my house and shoot me please
Oh, I'm beyond Buddy.......'Luh' and 'Wha'?' are where I'm too now.

On another note I got a 50" plasma from costco just over 2 years back that crapped out 6 weeks after the warranty expired - having a bugger of a job to get them to do something to help
I thought that Costco would just take anything back, moreorless irrespective of age and replace. Me, I bought from Wacky Wheatleys who no longer exist so any warranty is moot at this point. Luh.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think electrical goods come into their take anything back category "bye"

Already been in 1 shop for 2 weeks and he cant find out whats wrong so now they want me to send it to another shop but still arent promising anything - At this point I would take a new one at cost and be happy with it ....

I suppose some would say you get what you deserve when you buy LG products but it seemed a good deal at the time
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP's first mistake was going to the Brick they are known for bad customer service and overrated charges.

Second of all customer service is indeed dead, and has been for a while, however i think its just as bad in the UK if not worse.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:58 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nldfc
I dont think electrical goods come into their take anything back category "bye"
Electrical goods used to fall under their take anything back category but too many people were taking advantage and returning year old or older TVs because a newer (read better) model had come out.

So it was changed a few years ago to 90 days for electronic items like TVs etc.

http://www.costco.ca/Service/Feature...uctNo=10335081
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

What I want to know is why anyone would want a remote control gas fireplace in the first place....
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:05 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chookie
What I want to know is why anyone would want a remote control gas fireplace in the first place....

Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought one of those faux fire DVD's instead its way cheaper and you can use your remote on the telly for that LOL
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:07 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
So you're already some distance away when it explodes.

(judgng by some comments I've read from people who think it's not a safe heating method)
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:12 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Perhaps it was a new innovation for that particular company.

Remote control gas fireplaces have been around for quite some time.
Incidentally, Steve_P, why do you have a picture of Ian Brady as your avatar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.