Wikiposts

Daily Rant

Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

the bucket woman has a spectacular aura aboutthe bucket woman has a spectacular aura aboutthe bucket woman has a spectacular aura about
Default Daily Rant

Ok .... I've been very well behaved so far... listening to all the nice things people say about living in Canada, but today I have reached the end of my tether.

No matter who I deal with - from large department stores to small independent contractors I am constantly let down. Low quotes invariably lead to excessively high prices [when you are no longer in a position to back out of the work being done], promises are constantly broken regarding delivery dates, and the smiling face that tells you to " have a nice day" suddenly changes the minute you raise a justified complaint.

I was under the impression that Canada had a service culture far above that of the UK, but I have learnt to my cost that is far from the truth. The service levels here are akin to Britain in the 1970's.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:51 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daily Rant

Originally Posted by the bucket woman
Ok .... I've been very well behaved so far... listening to all the nice things people say about living in Canada, but today I have reached the end of my tether.

No matter who I deal with - from large department stores to small independent contractors I am constantly let down. Low quotes invariably lead to excessively high prices [when you are no longer in a position to back out of the work being done], promises are constantly broken regarding delivery dates, and the smiling face that tells you to " have a nice day" suddenly changes the minute you raise a justified complaint.

I was under the impression that Canada had a service culture far above that of the UK, but I have learnt to my cost that is far from the truth. The service levels here are akin to Britain in the 1970's.
Surely better than that? The 1960's perhaps.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

the bucket woman has a spectacular aura aboutthe bucket woman has a spectacular aura aboutthe bucket woman has a spectacular aura about

Ha ha I wish! Can you believe that I saw an advert on telly yesterday that was advertising "new innovations" .... which included a remote control gas fire THAT'S how far it's behind here!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:56 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

We had a new couch delivered today with a bottle of our favourite wine as a thank you. All costs as quoted, with great service.

Maybe it's just you
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el_richo
We had a new couch delivered today with a bottle of our favourite wine as a thank you. All costs as quoted, with great service.

Maybe it's just you
Give it time ... you only had it delivered today.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:01 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha ha I wish! Can you believe that I saw an advert on telly yesterday that was advertising "new innovations" .... which included a remote control gas fire THAT'S how far it's behind here!
Perhaps it was a new innovation for that particular company.

Remote control gas fireplaces have been around for quite some time.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I can imagine such an ad, as I can imagine that you don't know that "new innovations" is a tautology.

I think El Richo hits the spot; you can't adapt to a foreign country very well.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Perhaps it was a new innovation for that particular company.

Remote control gas fireplaces have been around for quite some time.
It was an advert by The Brick [or The Thick as they are now known in my household]. Hardly something to class as a new product as you rightly say!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:08 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you get what you want to pay for.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Maybe you get what you want to pay for.
I know what TO pay for, yes thanks
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Unfortunately I can imagine such an ad, as I can imagine that you don't know that "new innovations" is a tautology.

I think El Richo hits the spot; you can't adapt to a foreign country very well.
Live in Rainbow land? Lucky you!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:15 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Give it time ... you only had it delivered today.
No we've had it before so i'm sure it'll taste just as good tonight
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:16 pm
Beep

It was an advert by The Brick..
That explains a lot
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Never pay the delivery charge, they'll always waive for you if you insist.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Never pay the delivery charge, they'll always waive for you if you insist.
I didn't object to paying a delivery charge for a freezer and a fridge from Home Depot. It got delivered before I got home from the store on my bike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.