British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Cricket (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/cricket-827097/)

Oakvillian Jun 3rd 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11286849)
We better get a few of the naffers out soonish. :(

things are looking a bit more promising... well, I say looking, I don't know what they look like, but the BBC text commentary is a bit more encouraging than it was at lunchtime.

Oink Jun 3rd 2014 8:12 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 11286947)
things are looking a bit more promising... well, I say looking, I don't know what they look like, but the BBC text commentary is a bit more encouraging than it was at lunchtime.

I think the critical phrase there is, a bit more. :(

Oink Jun 3rd 2014 10:13 pm

Re: Cricket
 
Hmm, what a load of shite.

Hawkmoon77 Jun 3rd 2014 10:24 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11287105)
Hmm, what a load of shite.

Remember Oink, this is the dawn of a "new era", so it must be a new kind of shite.

It just looks the same to untutored viewers like ourselves :thumbdown:

Roll on the Test series.

Gordon Barlow Jun 3rd 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Cricket
 
I think a batsman is a prat, if he takes advantage of two warnings and still tries to cheat by leaving the crease early. Silly bugger. Serves him right.

Oink Jun 12th 2014 1:25 pm

Re: Cricket
 
I realize everyone is gripped with World Cup fever but to fill the gaps between games England are playing their first summer test against Sri Lanka today. At lunch on day one, England are 98 for 3.

Here are some streams if you care to have a watch.

Streams

Flogger Jun 12th 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11299416)
I realize everyone is gripped with World Cup fever but to fill the gaps between games England are playing their first summer test against Sri Lanka today. At lunch on day one, England are 98 for 3.

Here are some streams if you care to have a watch.

Streams

Better session for England. Still need to play well after tea

Oink Jun 12th 2014 4:05 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 11299642)
Better session for England. Still need to play well after tea

Much better. A strong evening session and it'll set the game nicely for watching the Brazil v Croatia match. :thumbup:

Oakvillian Jun 12th 2014 6:30 pm

Re: Cricket
 
Nice partnership from Root & Prior. Ton-up for Joe Root and a solid half from Matt Prior should boost confidence and steady nerves a little. From the text commentary the Sri Lankan attack seems to have been a bit lacklustre, though. I know it's Lord's, but is the pitch really that benign?

Oink Jun 12th 2014 7:06 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oakvillian (Post 11299824)
Nice partnership from Root & Prior. Ton-up for Joe Root and a solid half from Matt Prior should boost confidence and steady nerves a little. From the text commentary the Sri Lankan attack seems to have been a bit lacklustre, though. I know it's Lord's, but is the pitch really that benign?

It nipped about a bit in the morning but went dead after lunch. I think England will get more out of it. But it was a good knock from Rooty and Prior.

Flogger Jun 12th 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11299869)
It nipped about a bit in the morning but went dead after lunch. I think England will get more out of it. But it was a good knock from Rooty and Prior.

Yes they both played well. Heaps of pressure on prior too

Oink Jun 13th 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Cricket
 
Nice for Root. Right, I like to see a fast hostile session before tea. :thumbup:

Oink Jun 14th 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Cricket
 
Well the only ones who are going to get a result in this match are the Lords concessions.

Hawkmoon77 Jun 16th 2014 9:40 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11301819)
Well the only ones who are going to get a result in this match are the Lords concessions.

Was that finish exciting enough for everybody ?

Don't tell me you were watching the footy....:eek:

Gordon Barlow Jun 16th 2014 10:16 pm

Re: Cricket
 

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77 (Post 11304398)
Was that finish exciting enough for everybody ?

I should say! I was "watching" it on Cricinfo, and even that was exciting. (The TV package I subscribe to doesn't bring me cricket. Brings me Rugby League games from Australia and England, though, which is nice.)


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:50 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.