British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Cricket (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/cricket-827097/)

Hawkmoon77 May 22nd 2014 6:01 pm

Re: Cricket

Wish the Sri Lankan chap in our office was not on leave right now. Only other person at work who understands the game...

Oink May 22nd 2014 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77 (Post 11272012)
Wish the Sri Lankan chap in our office was not on leave right now. Only other person at work who understands the game...

I got no one even remotely interested here. Its weird because they moan to buggery about football not having enough scoring but won't even entertain a cricket match. That said, all their sports are shit anyway so I'm not interested in them either. So naff em all.

Hawkmoon77 May 22nd 2014 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11272017)
I got no one even remotely interested here. Its weird because they moan to buggery about football not having enough scoring but won't even entertain a cricket match. That said, all their sports are shit anyway so I'm not interested in them either. So naff em all.

:goodpost: Amen to that :thumbup:

Gordon Barlow May 22nd 2014 6:37 pm

What, you don't even like curling? All that exciting stuff with the brooms? There's really no pleasing some people!

Oink May 22nd 2014 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow (Post 11272044)
What, you don't even like curling? All that exciting stuff with the brooms? There's really no pleasing some people!

I work mainly with Yanks not Canuckleheads.

Oink May 22nd 2014 7:04 pm

Woo hoo, back on.

Hawkmoon77 May 22nd 2014 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11272064)
Woo hoo, back on.

...and a wicket for that man Jordan to boot.

Hurrah !

Oink May 22nd 2014 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77 (Post 11272071)
...and a wicket for that man Jordan to boot.

Hurrah !

:thumbup:

Hawkmoon77 May 22nd 2014 8:25 pm

Nice start to the ODI series.

So remind me again why we took Tremlett Rankin and Finn down under, ahead of Jordan....

Oink Jun 3rd 2014 1:59 pm

If anybody else thinks they'll have naff all to do this morning other than drink tea and eat all the office biscuits, England are playing Sri Lanka in the deciding ODI at Edgbaston. Bets are on whether they''' finish before it starts pissing down and they all go out for a balti or Nick Knight's annoying voice and analysis makes me put my phone through my posh new telly. :(

Some streams

Hawkmoon77 Jun 3rd 2014 2:40 pm

I was looking forward to listening to a few hours of Yorks vs Nothants this morning, but I see we polished them off too quickly.
Guess it will have to be Eng instead. Be nice to see another Buttler special....

Hawkmoon77 Jun 3rd 2014 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11286585)
If anybody else thinks they'll have naff all to do this morning other than drink tea and eat all the office biscuits, England are playing Sri Lanka in the deciding ODI at Edgbaston. Bets are on whether they''' finish before it starts pissing down and they all go out for a balti or Nick Knight's annoying voice and analysis makes me put my phone through my posh new telly. :(

Some streams

Eng making a right cods of this :(

Oink Jun 3rd 2014 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77 (Post 11286689)
Eng making a right cods of this :(

Playing against a bunch of cheaty knickers. :thumbdown:

Hawkmoon77 Jun 3rd 2014 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 11286739)
Playing against a bunch of cheaty knickers. :thumbdown:

If JB was warned then technically he only has himself to blame.

That said, I don't like seeing this - Collingwood claiming the wicket vs NZ after a collision with a bowler was bad form on our part a few years ago.

It's just not cricket.

Oink Jun 3rd 2014 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77 (Post 11286830)
If JB was warned then technically he only has himself to blame.

That said, I don't like seeing this - Collingwood claiming the wicket vs NZ after a collision with a bowler was bad form on our part a few years ago.

It's just not cricket.

We better get a few of the naffers out soonish. :(