Coronavirus

Old Dec 6th 2020, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Record high for Ontario yesterday...1,924 new cases. 568 in Toronto. 15 deaths...8 in care homes.

Daughter has taken granddaughter to be tested today. She has a runny nose and has been sneezing. New school restrictions mean if she didn’t get tested, she would have to stay home from school for 14 days. Hopefully it’s just a bit of a cold.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Are Americans being hospitalized for Covid having to pay for any of the treatment?
Most likely yes.

Old Dec 6th 2020, 4:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Does having a vaccine mean that you can't catch the virus or that if you catch it, it will a light case? Someone who has had covid can get it again. There is no build of immunity in the system to protect you from getting it a second time further down the line.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Are Americans being hospitalized for Covid having to pay for any of the treatment?

YES! First their hospitalization is billed and the patient is responsible for the deductible and anything that hospitalization does not pay.

The people getting a free ride are those on medicaid (not medicare).
Old Dec 6th 2020, 4:49 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone ever so slightly worried that they are rolling out the Pfizer vaccine to millions of us, yet they have only tested 43,500 people? I'm kind of glad that I'm in the age group that is lower down the priority list if I'm honest.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 4:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Does having a vaccine mean that you can't catch the virus or that if you catch it, it will a light case? Someone who has had covid can get it again. There is no build of immunity in the system to protect you from getting it a second time further down the line.
Earlier in the week I read even with the vaccine you could still be a carrier. TBH I think they make it up as they go along.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Is anyone ever so slightly worried that they are rolling out the Pfizer vaccine to millions of us, yet they have only tested 43,500 people? I'm kind of glad that I'm in the age group that is lower down the priority list if I'm honest.

A little cautious on my end, but as you say by the time they get to us several million at least will have been vaccinated so things should show up before they get to us.

Moderna executives selling off stock is a little concerning, would think if they have a successful vaccine their stock would increase even more, but some executives have sold off everything they had stock wise.

I wont be surprised if medical bankruptcies increase in the US in the next couple of years.

Old Dec 6th 2020, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read the tests have all been on symptomatic carriers, so potentially with the vaccine,you could still have and transmit the virus, but not fall ill ( surely a great concern for those in health/social care who will get the vaccine, who have highish risk relatives/friends - but aren't elgible for the vaccine for another few months).

I've just this week read the complete opposite, and that those who have had COVID are showing antibodies to this day(who knows how long for). The other thing I read was the number of reinfections is so low, there's a greater chance that both tests were false positives than it being a genuine double infection.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 6:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The Giant Tiger I go to was closed today; sigh on the door says Open Monday. Very suspicious.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 8:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't say I'm worried, but not totally unconcerned either. I look at it as the lesser of two evils.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 8:14 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

YES! First their hospitalization is billed and the patient is responsible for the deductible and anything that hospitalization does not pay.

The people getting a free ride are those on medicaid (not medicare).
Crazy. Hopefully Biden will sort it out.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 7:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
How do they know what percentage are travel related, how scientifically could you measure this? I know in my State they have admitted they are not tracking every person who gets it and in any event there is to my knowledge no way of knowing who you got it from.
They can identify related COVID cases using genome sequencing. They use it to link clusters of cases, and where the source is unknown. They can also identify the most likely first case in a cluster.

My guess is it happens here in Australia as case counts are low for most states - and most cases are from international arrivals now Victoria has managed to get control again.

SA had a small outbreak recently - thought to be spread from a cleaner at a quarantine hotel, but later identified to be from a security guard. All cases linked to a return traveller, but community spread rose to 33 cases, and caused more than 6000 to quarantine.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 2:26 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This looks like a Déjà vu from last December when we were reading reports of a 'mystery' illness sweeping Wuhan

https://news.sky.com/story/andhra-pr...india-12154221

Old Dec 7th 2020, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

This looks like a Déjà vu from last December when we were reading reports of a 'mystery' illness sweeping Wuhan

https://news.sky.com/story/andhra-pr...india-12154221

Kind of sounds like something might have contaminated the water? The common link seems to be using the same water source.

Old Dec 7th 2020, 6:08 pm
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Kind of sounds like something might have contaminated the water? The common link seems to be using the same water source.
Lets hope they weren't preparing pangolin meat in that water...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.