Coronavirus

Old Jan 25th 2020, 9:46 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

<snip> it’s at Sunnybrook Toronto !!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 26th 2020 at 4:04 am. Reason: language timothy :)
Old Jan 25th 2020, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I inferred it from the idea of hiding in the basement with corn bread and beans. If that's not to avoid people then I apologize.
You must be refering to someone elses post. I did mention potatoes, not basements though.

I have no basement, I live in a flat.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 4:07 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I inferred it from the idea of hiding in the basement with corn bread and beans. If that's not to avoid people then I apologize.
You meant to reply to this post, perhaps Coronavirus
Old Jan 26th 2020, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

Three confirmed cases in France now. Two in Paris, one in Bordeaux according to the WHO.

I don't know what happened to the news reported case in LYON unless it was that lady who got by the health security at the airport coming into France.
Maybe after they caught up with her she didn't have the corona virus even if she did get by the fever detector intentionally by using fever reduction pills and then bragged about it to people who reported her then when they tested her it was some other flu? IDK wot happened there?
Old Jan 26th 2020, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

A new confirmed case in the US, California in Orange County, patient traveled to California from Wuhan but the article doesn't state when they arrived in the US, patient is in stable and good condition in hospital isolation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/us/co...nty/index.html
Old Jan 26th 2020, 12:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You meant to reply to this post, perhaps Coronavirus
Magnumpty suggested hiding at home, he's in suburban Canada so likely has a basement. Tubbleweedy supported the approach. I intended to take a poke at both of them as, in my view, avoiding people who look as if they've been to China is a dangerous road to go down and, anyway, isn't likely to reduce the miniscule risk of catching the disease. I gave up on it because explaining that the basement could be virtual and it was the concept of hiding at home (whether literally bunkering or not) that I found problematic was becoming hard work.

I expect everyone has caught the virus and died by now so it's doubly flogging a dead horse to make the point that hunkering is unhelpful.

Old Jan 26th 2020, 12:43 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Magnumpty suggested hiding at home, he's in suburban Canada so likely has a basement. Tubbleweedy supported the approach. I intended to take a poke at both of them as, in my view, avoiding people who look as if they've been to China is a dangerous road to go down and, anyway, isn't likely to reduce the miniscule risk of catching the disease. I gave up on it because explaining that the basement could be virtual and it was the concept of hiding at home (whether literally bunkering or not) that I found problematic was becoming hard work.

I expect everyone has caught the virus and died by now so it's doubly flogging a dead horse to make the point that hunkering is unhelpful.
dosnt have to be a basement, could be a shelter you built for zombie attacks or alien invasions ?
Old Jan 26th 2020, 12:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
dosnt have to be a basement, could be a shelter you built for zombie attacks or alien invasions ?
A former outhouse, with plumbing, might work.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 1:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Here's weirdness: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/23/h...iew/index.html
Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly helps limit exposure to medical staff. Wonder if any Canadian hospitals have this sort of thing?

Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Certainly helps limit exposure to medical staff. Wonder if any Canadian hospitals have this sort of thing?
I imagine so, I believe this sort of thing to be in common use in remote regions of the world; instead of sending a doctor, they can send a nurse and a machine and the doctor can work remotely.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:03 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink

Alibaba's new Coronavirus collection. Use promo code: wereallgoingtonaffingdie for an extra 20% off.
You laugh, but this a Taxi driver in Beijing

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment...er_in_beijing/
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

@dbd33

One good thing about your approach is that the more people are exposed, become ill and recover the quicker the virus will have to go away and the more percentages of people on planet earth who are immune will rise.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 5:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
You laugh, but this a Taxi driver in Beijing
I thought oink had posted a selfie. I had been wondering about his choice of colour for the gloves.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 6:17 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...navirus-2020-1

Stunning, isn't it? It's what a command economy can do when it feels the need.
I thought they might be stretching a point until I read.."Wuhan is constructing a hospital modeled after the Xiaotangshan SARS hospital in Beijing, Wuhan authorities said in a Friday notice. The facility will be a prefabricated structure on a 270,000-square-foot lot, slated for completion Feb. 3.

The SARS hospital was built from scratch in 2003 in just six days to treat an outbreak of a similar respiratory virus that had spread from China to more than a dozen countries and killed about 800 people. The hospital featured individual isolation units that looked like rows of tiny cabins."
I don't doubt that whatever can be done, will be done to isolate this virus in China, but with so many traveling so far so fast worldwide, will other countries be able to step up to the challenge?
Imagine the logistics involved in maintaining services and supplies to a city of 11 million, imagine what would happen if a 'small' city like Vancouver were to be forcibly isolated, imagine the uproar, imagine the resistance, imagine the political arguments that'd paralyse any action.

It might happen with no need to imagine.

But then I'm probably being an alarmist.... or am I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.