Coronavirus

Old Jun 9th 2020, 3:27 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I know one person who died of Covid (in April) and have heard through a friend of another. However, I agree with the thrust of your comment, that there is an economic cost to be managed and that not all age/risk groups are impacted equally. There does seem to be a blanket approach to isolation strategies at present, and if indeed the virus is here to stay for some years, that will have to change. I don't find that the UK government is being particularly upfront in discussing its rationale for the policies it takes.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 4:30 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

So many conflicting stories...who knows what the hell is going on.

Old Jun 9th 2020, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

All Walmart and other stores now pulling the wipes you use to disinfect the shopping carts so we can buy them to disinfect all the surfaces in our homes Think about it. saves them money but costs us money.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 5:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
All Walmart and other stores now pulling the wipes you use to disinfect the shopping carts so we can buy them to disinfect all the surfaces in our homes Think about it. saves them money but costs us money.
I haven't seen actual disinfectant wipes for sale in stores since February. I have seen stores with limited supplies used to wipe carts etc. That's still happening here at least.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I know one person who died of Covid (in April) and have heard through a friend of another. However, I agree with the thrust of your comment, that there is an economic cost to be managed and that not all age/risk groups are impacted equally. There does seem to be a blanket approach to isolation strategies at present, and if indeed the virus is here to stay for some years, that will have to change. I don't find that the UK government is being particularly upfront in discussing its rationale for the policies it takes.
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

I believe that it would be far more beneficial to isolate the venerable rather than attempt to isolate everyone and I am very keen to hear how jurisdictions all around the world intend to deal with the economic hole that has been created. Some of the comments that I have heard in the UK regarding the raiding of one's equity and savings are very alarming. Time will tell how close to reality they really are.
Old Jun 9th 2020, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I haven't seen actual disinfectant wipes for sale in stores since February. I have seen stores with limited supplies used to wipe carts etc. That's still happening here at least.
Are you living in a 3rd world country
Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:51 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Well this doesn't help control the spread does it?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-says-12004987
Old Jun 12th 2020, 9:16 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Well this doesn't help control the spread does it?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-says-12004987
Don't worry, Boris is returning to full bluster and should send the virus packing in weeks if not days.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 2:37 pm
Tea Drinker

Don't worry, Boris is returning to full bluster and should send the virus packing in weeks if not days.
She's coming back

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...dmits-12005471
Old Jun 12th 2020, 4:00 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Danny B
She never left ! He and his team can claim full credit for an extra 20,000 deaths due to his self-assured dithering in March. And now he's hell bent on driving the country off the Brexit cliff too.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news for all you cheese fiends
Now where did I put that Gouda?
Old Jun 13th 2020, 7:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Good news for all you cheese fiends
Now where did I put that Gouda?
Good timing (as I eat my chicken penne in mushroom sauce with tons of cheese).... if it was just kale that could save you I'd have to think about it.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

She never left ! He and his team can claim full credit for an extra 20,000 deaths due to his self-assured dithering in March. And now he's hell bent on driving the country off the Brexit cliff too.
Yup.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 11:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Same here.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 4:09 pm
Tea Drinker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.