Convince me...

Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Convince me...

Originally Posted by welshmountie
Where are the moderators of this site?
If you see a post that you feel is in breach of the site rules (which are here - http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ ) - please hit the "exclamation mark" report post button, which is located in the left corner of each post.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:15 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zalaben
[. I couldnt give a flying f**k what you do. But hey, welcome to the forum anyway.
shameful[/QUOTE]

Why shameful? I've known dbd since mid-2001. We've broken bread together and drank beer together. I've no idea what he actually does for a living and I don't care. He probably doesn't know what I do. Neither of us is likely to lose much sleep over that. On another forum he has told me to f**k off. Big deal.

The above quote could possibly have been phrased a little more delicately but I still read it as a welcome.

Some people are way too touchy (particulary X-ray techs and I'm sorry about that).
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:17 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
shameful
Why shameful? I've known dbd since mid-2001. We've broken bread together and drank beer together. I've no idea what he actually does for a living and I don't care. He probably doesn't know what I do. Neither of us is likely to lose much sleep over that. On another forum he has told me to f**k off. Big deal.

The above quote could possibly have been phrased a little more delicately but I still read it as a welcome.

Some people are way too touchy (particulary X-ray techs and I'm sorry about that).[/QUOTE]

What's offensive about the word 'Fork' anyway.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
shameful
what's the phrase ...? " walk a mile in my shoes ".....

don't pass judgement until...
Thanks Paul.
What I was trying to say in polite terms was The guy has posted twice, I dont know him so it doesnt affect me one way or the other.
If he'd stuck around I could have started to take an interest in his fate.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Thanks Paul.
What I was trying to say in polite terms was The guy has posted twice, I dont know him so it doesnt affect me one way or the other.

I wrote `shameful ` just because he is a new poster and looked like he needed a little bit more than a swear word upon his first posting. It read like you didnt care about people and their feelings . Sometimes we write things and they are taken differently than if we say them.

If i was wrong about the way I read it ,then I apologize profusely. No harm meant by it.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Thanks Paul.
So you agree that you don't give damm and just wanted to put him out of his misery? So why answer the thread at all? The guy with only two posts just wanted some simple advice, not a mouthful of sarcasm and rudeness.

It could well be that some new users of this forum are not that web literate or as familiar with the links as the regulars and have difficulties narrowing down searches. I see no harm in users asking questions that may have been answered two years ago. I say to all those new starters, "Keep asking the questions and don't be afraid of the fact it may have been asked before. Whose to say the answer to your question may have changed since it was first asked, due to change in law or whatever. Remember, only those that reply in a non-sarcastic reply are the ones worth taking note of!"

Also, what's with the brotherhood on this forum? Some sort of protectionism I guess?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:57 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

So you agree that you don't give damm and just wanted to put him out of his misery? So why answer the thread at all? The guy with only two posts just wanted some simple advice, not a mouthful of sarcasm and rudeness.
It made a statement. I replied to it simple as that.

I seem no harm in asking questions that may have been answered two years ago.
Agreed 100%, but asking questions that appear on the first two pages is a little extreme dont you agree?

Whose to say the answer to your question may have changed since it was first asked, due to change in law or whatever.
Also agreed, but once more a little prior research helps.

Remember, only those that reply in a non-sarcastic reply are the ones worth taking note of!"
Rubbish, that would discount almost all the experienced people I can think of (with the exception of Lizw) even Judy has been known to resort to sarcasm at one time or another.

Also, what's with the brotherhood on this forum? Some sort of protectionism I guess?
The 'brotherhood' comes about from experience, familiarity and shared 'goals'
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:15 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

It could well be that some new users of this forum are not that web literate or as familiar with the links as the regulars and have difficulties narrowing down searches. I see no harm in users asking questions that may have been answered two years ago. I say to all those new starters, "Keep asking the questions and don't be afraid of the fact it may have been asked before. Whose to say the answer to your question may have changed since it was first asked, due to change in law or whatever. Remember, only those that reply in a non-sarcastic reply are the ones worth taking note of!"

It's not a brotherhood. I just think that it's pretty off to "demand' anything. I am and I remain happy to help people out in any way I can. The point is, that questions based on purely personal things, usually can't be answered by anybody rather than the original op.

As I've never lived in Asia or even visited Vancouver, I can't possibly comment on the differences between these places. Canada's a pretty big country, and expecting someone from the West to have a pretty intimate knowledge of the East or vica versa is a bit of a stretch.

How long is your piece of string? And this is a forum, so you should expect lively debate, it's not a Citizen's Advice Bureau after all....
That's what makes people idle away the work days.

Last edited by Pretty Flowers; Mar 14th 2007 at 8:16 pm. Reason: removed snarkiness (self hand slap)
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
How long is your piece of string? And this is a forum, so you should expect lively debate, it's not a Citizen's Advice Bureau after all....
That's what makes people idle away the work days.
Love lively debates or should I say constructive ones.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK2Toronto
I thought these forums were supposed to be friendly and supportive...

exactly my thought!!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Laowai79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by featherbum
exactly my thought!!!
Hey,

I was pretty surprised to see the number of responses to this thread, considering the blandness of my initial post. I'm surprised that anyone would respond at all to a post if they thought the question was stupid or pointless. I've participated in various forums before and unless someone posts something highly offensive or inflammatory, I don't respond.

To the poster who lived in HK: Yeah, this city is pretty amazing but the pollution has gotten worse over the years due to all of the factories and development on the mainland. Singapore is starting to lure away expats from HK, particularly those with children. As for the poster who suggested I move to larger Canadian cities like Toronto or Vancouver, that's a possibility. But, one of the things I miss from home (East coast) is the people. Because, as 'red necked' as some of them may be, they are still very friendly and helpful (oh, and this was NOT a dig at Butch who did actually 'welcome me' to the forum).
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:42 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your quest for anything in the manner of useful information/advice!

Can't help you personally - I live in Cowtown
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:12 am
Banned

And I genuinely was welcoming you to the forum\board.
As previously stated at this moment I know nothing of you so it makes little difference what you decide. I was not intending to be rude to you or anything.
If you stick around and I get 'engrossed' in your story that could well change.

(Personally, I'd be heading for Singapore if I was you. )
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laowai79
Hi,

LW79
Hi, I just love, agree and support EVERYONE who posts here and I would like to have ALL of your babies.
Oh...I feel so pretty..
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:42 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps this thread should be moved to the main Canada room as it's not really Maple Leaf material is it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.