Convince me...

Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

UK2Toronto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Convince me...

Thank you welshmountie - well put. If people don't give a <snip> about what is being written here - then why read it? And why respond? This is supposed to be a public forum for people who are expats or are thinking of becoming expats to share stories and advice. It's just as uncomfortable for those positive and likable people to see negative comments as it is for those who have a discontent for humanity to see positive comments.
I've noticed comments like "oh no, not this question again...". It's quite off-putting to someone new to the site, and frankly does reek of yobish bullying.

Last edited by Biiiiink; Mar 14th 2007 at 7:06 pm. Reason: profanity
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:08 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK2Toronto
Thank you welshmountie - well put. If people don't give a "F****" about what is being written here - then why read it? And why respond? This is supposed to be a public forum for people who are expats or are thinking of becoming expats to share stories and advice. It's just as uncomfortable for those positive and likable people to see negative comments as it is for those who have a discontent for humanity to see positive comments.
I've noticed comments like "oh no, not this question again...". It's quite off-putting to someone new to the site, and frankly does reek of yobish bullying.
May I refer you to my last post.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I presume you are refering to my First post on this thread.

Before you make judgements like you have may I make two suggestions:
1) Read it again and try once more to interpret my TRUE meaning
2) Read my other 5000+ posts, you will then see how I can be helpful, supportive, sarcastic, offering good (and bad) advice and even (in some peoples eyes) amusing.
I suspect that newcomers would not want to trawl through 5000 or so of your posts or unravelling your "true" meaning of certain posts. I certainly don't. Bear one thing in mind and some useful advice too! First impressions count and email, posts or like can be misinterpreted particularly without knowing someone or having visual contact. So be careful what you write or imply and you won't get people's backs up!

Evidence of "supportive"? It's probably there somewhere. I guess it depends on your mood on the day.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:13 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshmountie
I suspect that newcomers would not want to trawl through 5000 or so of your posts or unravelling your "true" meaning of certain posts. I certainly don't. Bear one thing in mind and some useful advice too! First impressions count and email, posts or like can be misinterpreted particularly without knowing someone or having visual contact. So be careful what you write or imply and you won't get people's backs up!

Evidence of "supportive"? It's probably there somewhere. I guess it depends on your mood on the day.
WM,
As you say first impressions do count.
So what I would suggest is that you and UK2Toronto take your advice on board.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

welshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nicewelshmountie is just really nice

WM,
As you say first impressions do count.
So what I would suggest is that you and UK2Toronto take your advice on board.
OK, I'll take all your posts from this point on with a pinch of salt. In fact I'll pretend you don't exist at all. I don't think it'll be just me and UK2Toronto either.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

What a lame argument Butch. I declare Welshmountie as the clear winner by a knockout
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImLivingTheDream
What a lame argument Butch. I declare Welshmountie as the clear winner by a knockout
Cheers
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:52 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

2) Read my other 5000+ posts, you will then see how I can be helpful, supportive, sarcastic, offering good (and bad) advice and even (in some peoples eyes) amusing.
LOL, show me three usefull ones

To be fair though this was posted in "The maple leaf" ...an area introduced pretty much specifically as a romper room for the kids like Butch to keep them out of the main canada area.

For serious advice you are better off sticking to the main forum.

Who gives the karma? We all do. Thats what the "Karma" button on the left if for. Try it some time...you might feel good about it

Who moderates? The moderators. But they are busy folk, if you want action, report the post with the tiny ! in the bottom left corner, next to the karma one.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 14th 2007 at 4:02 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 3:58 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

It is considered polite and good etiquette to at least make a cursory search through past posts to see if your question has been covered before.

Manners work both ways.

Last edited by iaink; Mar 14th 2007 at 4:02 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iaink
But that means I have to trawl through 5500+ posts.

Even there you get some asshole running it for the serious people.

Who gives the karma? We all do. Thats what the "Karma" button on the left if for..
Yes, and I would guess half of my Karma comes from four people. You MrK, a couple of Canadians and a Moderator
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

To be fair though this was posted in "The maple leaf" ...an area introduced pretty much specifically as a romper room for the kids like Butch to keep them out of the main canada area.

Who gives the karma? We all do. Thats what the "Karma" button on the left if for. Try it some time...you might feel good about it

Who moderates? The moderators. But they are busy folk, if you want action, report the post with the tiny ! in the bottom left corner, next to the karma one.
Thanks for advice.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

jood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant future

I thought these forums were supposed to be friendly and supportive...
Ha!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

It is considered polite and good etiquette to at least make a cursory search through past posts to see if your question has been covered before.

Manners work both ways.
Fair comment. It was just an observation and I thought I would throw it in for good measure considering the topic of discussion.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

So to the poor soul who posted the original question in this forum, I guess us newbies know where to go next time to get advice!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:42 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

So to the poor soul who posted the original question in this forum, I guess us newbies know where to go next time to get advice!
Hong Kong?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.