Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Childrens' names ....

Childrens' names ....

Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:15 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens' names ....

Here's one for you

aquaintances of ours have 3 boys and using Mr's M's fave term I sh1t you not they are called, Tye, Steer and Rope.

However they are from a rancing family and all 3 boys could do what their names suggested probably before they could walk.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:22 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Here's one for you

aquaintances of ours have 3 boys and using Mr's M's fave term I sh1t you not they are called, Tye, Steer and Rope.

However they are from a rancing family and all 3 boys could do what their names suggested probably before they could walk.
How about Sword and Stone for two boys same family.

Neighbours grandson is named Sphere.

Some parents should be taken out and beaten to to within an inch of their lives.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
How about Sword and Stone for two boys same family.

Neighbours grandson is named Sphere.

Some parents should be taken out and beaten to to within an inch of their lives.
Its beginning to get so that you won't know if a parent is calling in their bloody dog or child!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:29 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Its beginning to get so that you won't know if a parent is calling in their bloody dog or child!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the person who commented that when you call your kids weird names - or have weird spellings, you subject your kids to constantly have to spell their names to people.

My son and his wife are expecting their first baby - she has been told that its a girl but she has to have another ultrasound and is going to double check then -- I guess she will have what she has anyway! But they have rejected most name suggestions as being too popular. However, I pointed out that if you pick a totally different name - pretty soon others will get to hear of it and all that will happen is yours will be the first of many called that - as opposed to one of the many - which to me doesn't make much difference.

My friend's son lives in Japan and is married to a Japanese woman and the kid was weeks old before they could decide on a name that could be pronounced both by Canadians and Japanese. Her son's name is Rob - which is apparently Lob in Japan so they didn't want something like that!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
My friend used to teach a pupil called Tequila-Paris!!! Can only assume that is what they were drinking and where conception took place!
OMG - That's a great idea for a new thread - what would your children be called if you followed that rule?

Daughter number one would be Rioja Frimley Green - just doesn't have a good ring to it, does it?

Daughter number two would simply be "Good Grief Did You Learn Nothing the First Time Around?"
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:17 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ann m
OMG - That's a great idea for a new thread - what would your children be called if you followed that rule?

Daughter number one would be Rioja Frimley Green - just doesn't have a good ring to it, does it?

Daughter number two would simply be "Good Grief Did You Learn Nothing the First Time Around?"
hmmmmmm My eldest was IVF - so I could have called him - "inapot" or "handmade" or "petri" (as in petridish lol) oooh what about "Solo"

or i could have just called him James after St James Hospital - called him Lee instead lol

I adopted my daughter when she was 2 - so had to keep her birth name Natasha - I liked Leiylani or leyla but hey ho you cant have everything ha ha
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I slightly knew the father of two girls, Harmony and Neutrina. I often heard him calling after one "Harm, Harm" and so wanted to hear him to call the other.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Upon reflection I'm a bit in this boat. As a kid I imagined having three thugish sons, Sid, Ron and Charlie, they were to be something like the Krays. It didn't work out and instead I have Juliette, Servane and Monique. In animals though, in animals I live vicariously, I have a cat Sid, another 'Ron and a dog Charlie.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:31 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

We named our 2nd Daughter Amber, the only problem is here in Canada its one of the favourite names for Strippers
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:00 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joelsa
A lot of kids in my kids' classes have first names that we know as surnames. For ex; Kennedy, Kendall, Tyler, Harrison, Cameron, McKenzie, Brackell....etc.

Some of them are quite ugly (the names - not the kids) especially on little girls.

Also, there are a lot of names where you can't tell if it's a boy or girl, not to mention these poor kids have got a lifetime of having to spell out and correct other peoples spelling of their names.
Thats odd really.
I either have (in the real world) two surnames or two "christian" names and I'm over 30 (well over)
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:01 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
What ever happened to Randy, Brandy, Cindy and Bailey
I can get Randy with Cindy after Brandy and Baileys
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joelsa
A lot of kids in my kids' classes have first names that we know as surnames. For ex; Kennedy, Kendall, Tyler, Harrison, Cameron, McKenzie, Brackell....etc.
My poor son has 5 surnames in a row, he's his very own roll call Finlay is his first name, the next two are his middle names - which are his maternal gt. grandmothers' maiden names, and then the last two are his surname - neither OH nor I would cave on whose surname he got, so he's ended up with both, hyphenated.

Still, OH nearly named him Magnus so I suppose he'll thank me for saving him from that in years to come
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:06 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
My poor son has 5 surnames in a row, he's his very own roll call Finlay is his first name, the next two are his middle names - which are his maternal gt. grandmothers' maiden names, and then the last two are his surname - neither OH nor I would cave on whose surname he got, so he's ended up with both, hyphenated.

Still, OH nearly named him Magnus so I suppose he'll thank me for saving him from that in years to come
I wanted to call my boy Montague or monty after my grandad -OH wouldnt play!!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:09 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I wanted to call my boy Montague or monty after my grandad -OH wouldnt play!!
Does he own alot of cars down our way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.