Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Childrens' names ....

Childrens' names ....

Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:19 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens' names ....

Originally Posted by babsi
Dante.
You really want a "Hot' child.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by babsi
Kai is my little boys name that I chose.

There is only one other boy's name I like and that is Dante.

For girls I really like Darcy and Adelaide.

Husband hates all of them and if we have a girl he wants to call her Keira.
My sisters ex has a son called Kai. I also have someone in the family called Keira.

Love the name Dante
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:05 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Those names on the piece there were awful - the bus shelter one??....I mean, jeez.........it's like the Beckhams naming their son Brooklyn after where he was conceived.

Personally if I were ever lucky enough to have children, for a girl I love Amber-Leigh and a boy, Joseph.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
You're right, Chads, Brads and Thads are all middle-aged now. Now, Canadian babies are called Cayden, Brayden or Jayden
Don't joke!!

Traditional names in the current playground seem to be;
Brandon, Braydon, Brennan, Brendon, Brinlyn
Aryn, Aron, Erin, Aaron
Rylee, Rilie, Rylie
Jayden, Kaitlyn, Cayt, Kaytee
Megan, Meaghan, Meegan, Meagan

You just affix said name to either a male or a female of the species, and don't worry about the spelling!

It seems that perhaps, from Steve P's most up to date list, that some of the 'traditional' names are making a re-appearance in Canada (with Emmas, Emily, Hannah, Sarah, etc - names that are hugely popular currently in the UK in the 7-15 age group).

Hey - maybe - the name Ann will one day top the poll Nah !!!

But Bus Shelter, and Violence - FFS
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:32 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

My friend used to teach a pupil called Tequila-Paris!!! Can only assume that is what they were drinking and where conception took place!

However - can't say too much, i am great auntie to Jayden, Tianna-Lee, Skye-Kennedie and Kenzee.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

The school i worked at there was a Jack Daniels.

Also a family where the kids where named after motorbike makes
Old Jul 27th 2008, 1:42 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

I worked in a pharmacy ....we had patients called Anita Leek! Crystal Watters! Beverly Hills! and Beyonce Watson!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:19 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

my little one is named after a flower and everyone loves it here, because she is do delicate looking...........I don't think they are at all used to feminine names on little girls.

Saying that though, I sh it you not I read a news paper story based here in southern Alberta that concerened/involved some poor misfortune by the name of Randy Mann.

Mrs M
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:53 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
my little one is named after a flower and everyone loves it here, because she is do delicate looking...........I don't think they are at all used to feminine names on little girls.

Saying that though, I sh it you not I read a news paper story based here in southern Alberta that concerened/involved some poor misfortune by the name of Randy Mann.

Mrs M

and could you imagine yourself at the door calling your kid in

My little one is victoria and that is the name we use, if i shorten it etc she tells me off, all my kids take there middle names from grandparents, although my son took gt grandads name as i just got fed up of gt gran at the time patting my belly and saying you are ok little tom

Moondevil
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:32 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moondevil

and could you imagine yourself at the door calling your kid in

My little one is victoria and that is the name we use, if i shorten it etc she tells me off, all my kids take there middle names from grandparents, although my son took gt grandads name as i just got fed up of gt gran at the time patting my belly and saying you are ok little tom

Moondevil
I was at school with a guy with the surname "Kart" and first name................"Orson".......and that is the truth.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:16 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

the 20 something men all seem to be called Brad, Chad or Jamie
the late teens are Taylor or Tyler
the little kids Brandon and Aiden

the girls of any age are either Cathy, Krista or Fallon.

But the surnames are another matter, I can't even pronounce half of them
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:25 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Chad, Brad, Thad... anything that sounds like that.
lol

Last edited by Mikey B; Jul 27th 2008 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

If our daughter marries the wrong guy, she could be a Carley Davidson.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 5:59 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter is Evie but baptised and registered as Evangeline so when she is a suuuuuper model (ha) or on the check out at tesco they a=can shout out Evangaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalieeeeeeeeeeeene in typical Sarf london way!

wanted to call her tinker or liberty - surname is Bell but OH wouldnt play!!

son is Theo - we were going to register him as Theodor but thru my birth induced haze I suddenly said - - no no no not doorbell!

my friend has Talullah and Lilly Rose! = not too bad could have been a lot worse!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:02 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
It seems that perhaps, from Steve P's most up to date list,
Oi the list is not mine I just provided the link.

I claim absolutely no ownership to said list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.