Child dies in car

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 1:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child dies in car

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
In general, children don't spontaneously expire, and in general, car parks aren't full of predatory paedophiles. I assume a 2 year old child would be securely strapped into a car-seat, and a 5 year old child is almost certainly capable of understanding "just stay here for 5 minutes, we're just going to a shop, we'lll be back in a minute."

Children are wrapped up in cotton wool, and it's ruining them.
Leaving a child unattended in a car in deep winter while one runs into a shop is, in my experience, even less sensible than in summer. In summer the windows are open, in winter they're closed so the child can accidentally lock the car leaving one outside in unsuitable clothing desperately waiting for an accidental unlocking.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 2:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you know it wasn't an honest mistake or a temporary lack of judgement? Are you psychic? You know for a fact what was in the mind of the person?

I know myself, when my daughter was very young (maybe 3 or 4 months) being exhausted. One day I was in the post office and had a strange feeling like I was forgetting something. That something was my sleeping infant in her carseat locked in the back of the car. It was an honest mistake, and thankfully for her and me, I remembered quickly and she was fine.

It's very easy to judge someone else's actions. But unless you were there you don't know that the person acted with any malice or was reckless. It's quite possible that they simply forgot that the baby was sleeping in the back seat of their car. I am not making excuses for them, but I really think that unless you know all the circumstances you (general you, not you you) should be a little less quick to judge.
The child in question was left in a car in searing heat for the most of the day. Is this something you have done? 10 mins maybe, 20? But Most of the day? That is a little beyond forgetfulness and ering on the side of incompitance wouldn't you say...
(exact hours in car of dead child not given by OPP)
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:03 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

The accused was charged today with criminal negligence and failing to provide for the child.

http://globalnews.ca/news/695504/gra...ft-in-hot-car/

Last edited by magnumpi; Jul 5th 2013 at 3:05 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
The accused was charged today with criminal negligence and failing to provide for the child.

http://globalnews.ca/news/695504/gra...ft-in-hot-car/
There was a similar incident in Edmonton this week. No news on whether criminal charges have been laid for that one.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

So it was the Grandmother. As hard as this is for some to believe, I believe that cases such as this can be pure ignorance and lack of thinking i.e. stupidity. I'm sure the woman feels horrible already, having a criminal charge on top of a family tragedy must be very stressful. Condolences to the family, and all involved.

We are all well to judge, and most of us have no problems doing it. Myself included of course.