Iplayer radio help

Old Jun 29th 2013, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

stuham33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iplayer radio help

I have up until tonight been able to download radio shows from iplayer onto my computer, then able to put them on my phone for listening to in the car. Now tonight I go to download a couple of shows as usual, and the program I was using has been asked by the BBC to discontinue.

"Following a request from the BBC, I have removed the Radio Downloader source and installers. They will return shortly minus the BBC Radio Provider plugin (e.g. the ability to download BBC Radio programmes).

My apologies for the disappointment that this will cause but I hope that you will understand. I believe that the BBC is planning to offer downloads of radio programmes from 2014."

The program I was using was from Nerd of the herd. Fantastic program and couldn't rate it highly enough.
Does anybody know of any similar programs that can download the bbc radio shows?
Old Jun 29th 2013, 2:54 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iplayer radio help

Originally Posted by stuham33
I have up until tonight been able to download radio shows from iplayer onto my computer, then able to put them on my phone for listening to in the car. Now tonight I go to download a couple of shows as usual, and the program I was using has been asked by the BBC to discontinue.

"Following a request from the BBC, I have removed the Radio Downloader source and installers. They will return shortly minus the BBC Radio Provider plugin (e.g. the ability to download BBC Radio programmes).

My apologies for the disappointment that this will cause but I hope that you will understand. I believe that the BBC is planning to offer downloads of radio programmes from 2014."

The program I was using was from Nerd of the herd. Fantastic program and couldn't rate it highly enough.
Does anybody know of any similar programs that can download the bbc radio shows?
Why not just use bbc iplayer radio, I've just checked and it's working fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jun 29th 2013 at 2:56 am.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

stuham33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Why not just use bbc iplayer radio, I've jet checked and it's working fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/
I want to be able to listen to the shows in the car. So I download the complete shows onto my computer and then transfer them to my phone.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 2:59 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuham33
I want to be able to listen to the shows in the car. So I download the complete shows onto my computer and then transfer them to my phone.
Well get a laptop and a headset and have a crash at will.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:05 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well get a laptop and a headset and have a crash at will.
Surely if he is paying little attention to the road then he is just driving like most Canadians and is just assimilating
Old Jul 6th 2013, 3:52 am
Just Joined

WeeGem is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at get_iplayer. It's not quite as simple to use as Radio Downloader but I've have been able to get my fix of Radcliffe and Maconie with it.

WeeGem
Old Jul 6th 2013, 4:32 am
Just Joined

mr.cheerful is an unknown quantity at this point

I use unotelly to make it look like I'm living in the uk so I can download iPlayer links like normal.

www.unotelly.com

I just downloaded fri night news quiz (Radio 4) with no probs using the BBC's new podcasts and downloads site. I think they only appear here after the 7 days is gone though - before that, you have to listen online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts

Hope that helps.