Census 2016

Old May 2nd 2016, 4:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Census 2016

Just done it. I don't remember doing one in that detail before.

I just googled and in 2011 (the previous one) there was a choice of short or long. I'm certain I'd have done the long one but I don't remember so many questions.
Old May 2nd 2016, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Re: Census 2016

Got the letter in the post today. This in a country where they cant tell you how many previous owners a car has had due to privacy laws.....
Old May 2nd 2016, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Got the letter today. They sure don't give much time to fill the thing out. 8 days as they want it done by the 10th.
Old May 2nd 2016, 9:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Got the letter today. They sure don't give much time to fill the thing out. 8 days as they want it done by the 10th.
I heard the mailbox go, went to see, opened it, went on line did it.

Do I get a prize?

See how much they were paying enumerators? $16.31 ph.
Could be a nice short term job.
Old May 2nd 2016, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It was so short, like a 3 minute task.

All this hoopla I kept hearing over long form, short form during the election, I was expecting a far more in depth census then what they are doing.

I find it a bit odd they ask if you want the records to be released in 92 years, we chose yes as it will help any future generations the family may have, but didn't think your info was protected after death... I think the US just releases census info after whatever amount of years.

I see the future generations having issues with family tree stuff if too many people choose no to releasing the info.

I would be 129 years old in 92 years, so I don't give a rats behind who can find out where I lived in 2016 and how old I was and who my spouse was, which is all they seemed to ask...lol

I check the mail daily as we on occasion get something, and being in an apartment its not wise to leave mail in the box, it will get broken into at some point.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I heard the mailbox go, went to see, opened it, went on line did it.

Do I get a prize?

See how much they were paying enumerators? $16.31 ph.
Could be a nice short term job.
Old May 2nd 2016, 10:46 pm
Oscar nominated

I was a bit puzzled by one of the health questions.

Something about having a condition for at least 6 months and a couple of options were sometimes or often (I think).

How can you sometimes have a condition that has lasted for the last 6 months or more?
Old May 2nd 2016, 10:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I implore you all to fill it out promptly and with due care and attention as the data collected will give academics something to talk about at next years' conferences.
Old May 3rd 2016, 12:17 am
Account Closed

We were not asked anything about health.

It asked:

Names
Birthdates
Address
Who lived in the house
Various questions about what languages we spoke (at home, first language etc.)

Asked how wife and I were related.

Phone and email info.

Then it said, I was finished and gave me a code to confirm I completed it.

I would have liked to answer some health questions, maybe it would help get more funding out here....

I was a bit puzzled by one of the health questions.

Something about having a condition for at least 6 months and a couple of options were sometimes or often (I think).

How can you sometimes have a condition that has lasted for the last 6 months or more?
Old May 3rd 2016, 12:29 am
Oscar nominated

We were not asked anything about health.
Ah, I thought your 3 minutes was a bit quick.

There was a question about sight, hearing, mobility and then other conditions with options according to whether it was yes or no. All for each member of the household.

It asked:

Names
Birthdates
Address
Who lived in the house
Various questions about what languages we spoke (at home, first language etc.)

Asked how wife and I were related.

Phone and email info.

Then it said, I was finished and gave me a code to confirm I completed it.
Nothing about Housing costs? electricity or other fuel costs? travel to work, how many hours worked, time normally left to go to work, how long commute? How many weeks worked last year? ancestry? water charges? education...

This is just the stuff I'm remembering.
Old May 3rd 2016, 1:25 am
Account Closed

None of that at all. It was really surprising. I guess they must do different methods for different people or regions or its just totally random.

Ah, I thought your 3 minutes was a bit quick.

There was a question about sight, hearing, mobility and then other conditions with options according to whether it was yes or no. All for each member of the household.

Nothing about Housing costs? electricity or other fuel costs? travel to work, how many hours worked, time normally left to go to work, how long commute? How many weeks worked last year? ancestry? water charges? education...

This is just the stuff I'm remembering.
Old May 3rd 2016, 2:19 am
Oscar nominated

None of that at all. It was really surprising. I guess they must do different methods for different people or regions or its just totally random.
Here ya go...here are the questions.
https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/...stions-eng.cfm
Loads of them.

I was under the impression it was 'long form' for everyone.
Old May 3rd 2016, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression it was 'long form' for everyone.
1 in 4 gets the Long Form. Justin said so.
Old May 3rd 2016, 4:36 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Which of the family has the waggiest tail.....What the..?
Old May 3rd 2016, 4:41 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

We got the short one.

Apparently so many people tried to fill it in tonight that the servers crashed.
Old May 3rd 2016, 11:33 am
Oscar nominated

I would have liked to answer some health questions, maybe it would help get more funding out here....

Originally Posted by withabix
1 in 4 gets the Long Form. Justin said so.
OMG I'm a one-in-four.
Perhaps there ought to be an option if it's not everyone. I mean, if there's a strong argument to revert back to the full version it sort of defeats the object to only go one-in-four.

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Which of the family has the waggiest tail.....What the..?
Don't you mean waggliest? Or are you giving the 'authentic' four-legged version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.