CENSUS 2011

Old May 19th 2011, 2:33 am
recycled member

peas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CENSUS 2011

I took a few semesters of 'social statistics' that included in depth study of the census, census design, statistic software, analysis of social data... thank god the lecturer was good looking or I'd have never shown up.

Although there was an interesting bit about census data that was obviously (or not so obviously) taking the piss and the wee collection of census funnies Stats Can has.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:41 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

We dont seem to have received a package. How long ago did you lot get yours?

Im not sure I can be arsed chasing it up to be honest, although I suppose I should given my views on the government changes to the long form.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:43 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I had a googly look at not doing this form. And it seems you can get jail time and or a $500 fine.

They serious bout censaz here arnt they.

Edit. I got mine last night in the mail. You go online and put a long number in that links it with your res.

Last edited by magnumpi; May 19th 2011 at 2:46 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:48 am
recycled member

peas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond reputepeas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

I received a sort of pamphlet just last week with a code and instructions about doing it on the internet. Or where to call/write if I wanted a paper copy. I first thought it was junk mail and nearly tossed it... maybe you did!
Old May 19th 2011, 2:49 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I had a googly look at not doing this form. And it seems you can get jail time and or a $500 fine.

They serious bout censaz here arnt they.

Edit. I got mine last night in the mail. You go online and put a long number in that links it with your res.
No more serious here than in the UK. Failure to comply can get you a thousand pound fine and a criminal record.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

you def dont need to be in the 1 in 3 to do the household census.
you can still do it regardless if you where choosen or not.

and if you havent completed your short census, then yes you will receive a visit, I start working on that shortly so you could get a nice visit from me.

if you dont have one then call 1-877-777-2011 and they will arrange one to be sent out.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:52 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
No more serious here than in the UK. Failure to comply can get you a thousand pound fine and a criminal record.
wow. Didnt know dat

Never did one in uk. Wife did lots a small ones to get free stuff wash powder ect.

Ha ha mixin survey with censless. My bad. Dohh!!

Last edited by magnumpi; May 19th 2011 at 2:54 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peas
I received a sort of pamphlet just last week with a code and instructions about doing it on the internet. Or where to call/write if I wanted a paper copy. I first thought it was junk mail and nearly tossed it... maybe you did!
That sounds similar to the one we received. Logged onto the website, put in code, all done in about 3 mins.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink

Im not sure I can be arsed chasing it up to be honest, although I suppose I should given my views on the government changes to the long form.
We received ours on May 6th. I believe the official census day was May 10th or 11th.

I believe you will get a phone call or a visit if you don't complete the form.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
That sounds similar to the one we received. Logged onto the website, put in code, all done in about 3 mins.
Same here - envelopy thing in the post with the log in code. I logged into the website. Put the details in (name, age, dob, languages spoken from memory) and the job was done.

Easy peasy.

Having said that, you do wonder what the technophobes who don't have internet access would do as it was assuming that you would do it online. I have no problem with this, but my mother (if she were in Canada and was still alive) would have had a real problem as she was terrified of computers...
Old May 19th 2011, 7:27 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Chookie
Same here - envelopy thing in the post with the log in code. I logged into the website. Put the details in (name, age, dob, languages spoken from memory) and the job was done.

Easy peasy.

Having said that, you do wonder what the technophobes who don't have internet access would do as it was assuming that you would do it online. I have no problem with this, but my mother (if she were in Canada and was still alive) would have had a real problem as she was terrified of computers...
You just fill the form out and stick it in the mail
Old May 19th 2011, 7:30 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Dam I wasnt lucky - I settled down with my cuppa already for a mararthon questions sesh and was highly disappointed !
me too!
Old May 19th 2011, 7:31 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I did the short one. I found myself wondering what the point was.
+1
Old May 19th 2011, 7:44 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie

Easy peasy.

they gve you a number to phone to get a paper copy
Old May 19th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
You just fill the form out and stick it in the mail

But the whole point is that there WAS no form... just the online access code...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.