CENSUS 2011

Old May 19th 2011, 1:47 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default CENSUS 2011

Has every one here done their census. ??

Nosey buggers ehh, what if you decide that you can't be arsed doing it, says its a law thing and you got to do it.

Will the Census police come and get ya.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:59 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CENSUS 2011

We got selected for extra census duties too - took forever to do. Now about to do the one for the Lake house - this is one reason to not be greedy and have two houses
Old May 19th 2011, 2:12 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I got upset when Ben refused to put " dealing with **** wits" as my main duties at work
Old May 19th 2011, 4:01 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I got upset when Ben refused to put " dealing with **** wits" as my main duties at work

So it's not just an Alberta thing then?
Old May 19th 2011, 4:04 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Has every one here done their census. ??

Nosey buggers ehh, what if you decide that you can't be arsed doing it, says its a law thing and you got to do it.

Will the Census police come and get ya.
Yep. I actually didn't think it was particularly intrusive. Seem to recall doing one in the UK years ago which asked for way more info. I don't have a problem doing them as (supposedly) the info is used for schools, funding etc.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:18 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

About 6 questions in BC!
Old May 19th 2011, 4:23 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
About 6 questions in BC!
Short form should be 8 questions (you must have skipped a couple).

If you are one of the "lucky" one in three you can answer the long form now known as the National Household Survey strictly voluntary mind.

Last edited by Steve_P; May 19th 2011 at 4:32 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 4:38 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Short form should be 8 questions (you must have skipped a couple).

If you are one of the "lucky" one in three you can answer the long form now known as the National Household Survey strictly voluntary mind.
Dam I wasnt lucky - I settled down with my cuppa already for a mararthon questions sesh and was highly disappointed !
Old May 19th 2011, 10:31 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I did the short one. I found myself wondering what the point was.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:30 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I did the short one. I found myself wondering what the point was.
i did about 30 questions, incl income, employer, ethnicity, birth place ect ect. Took about 20 mins.

Must have done the house hold extra bit.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

When I got the letter I put it by the side of the computer. After staring at it for 3 days with the fear and dread of a person about to go to the gallows I opened it. I had the feelings of someone who had been told it was all a mistake and was now free. It took less than 3.67 minutes to fill it in. I'm fond of those sort of experiences, they are so few.

Bless those census people and may they be among those to go to heaven on Saturday.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:50 pm

Yeah, we got the household one too. As like Bells I was ready for a marathon session after doing 8 little questions and thinking Oh was that it? I voluntarily carried on as we were specially picked, WELL, it took forever, a alot longer than an extra 20 mins as I had to keep getting up and looking through files for info and adding up bills and stuff. It's put me off volunteering again

The second one I did too about 30 seconds, thought it might take longer but it was ok.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't there a thread about how terrible it was that those damn Tories had gone against the received wisdom regarding the long form and now people are complaining about the short one!

There's no pleasing some people
Old May 19th 2011, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Wasn't there a thread about how terrible it was that those damn Tories had gone against the received wisdom regarding the long form and now people are complaining about the short one!

That's right!

What's that saying? You can please some people some of...no that's not it. You can please all of the people all of...nope.
You can please some of all the people all...nah.
You can please all the people with some of their time...Hmm.

Whatever.
Old May 19th 2011, 2:15 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian

I don't have any problem with a detailed census. My A-level geography dissertation was based on census data.

The short census strikes me as rather pointless. Apart from the language bit, I think the other questions were answered on my tax return.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.