Calgary Meet Up !!!!

Old Nov 30th 2007, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Meet Up !!!!

Originally Posted by joelsa
Anne M

I hope it all goes really well for you on Saturday, sorry i can't be there, but will be thinking of you all. Must be a bit nerveracking and exciting at the same time, will be good to put faces to names. I hope someone takes some piccies and puts them in the Gallery.
Hope you (all) have a great time.

Jo xx

Thanks joelsa - kinda looking forward to it in a "am I bloody mad?" kind of way

And photos for the gallery - you bet !
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !!

Just a quickie - for those that are coming round this afternoon - and who even read this anyway - the roads seem fine - the 'snow' last night amounted to an icing sugar dusting (which looks like a heavy frost on next door's car) - it is a tad chilly, my thermometer reads -19 - but I'm looking forward to seeing you all later on

Regards ...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

Thanks Ann - had a great "lunch" although us stragglers left after 7 p.m so not sure lunch is the right word- fun to meet you all, sorry Gryph did not have a chance to chat to you and only found out that your name is Lucy and not Gryphea - who knew!! Obviously not me!!! Would be nice to try this kind of meet up on a fairly regular basis eh?
Lovely to put faces to names
Hey Helen yep my 13 year old, Blake does know your son, his friend Zac who is 9th grade also knows your son!!! Pm me and we can meet up for a coffee sometime - I work opposite coffee traders so it is dead easy for me.

Last edited by Londonlady108; Dec 2nd 2007 at 2:26 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:28 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonlady108
Thanks Ann - had a great "lunch" although us stragglers left after 7 p.m so not sure lunch is the right word- fun to meet you all, sorry Gryph did not have a chance to chat to you and only found out that your name is Lucy and not Gryphea - who knew!! Obviously not me!!! Would be nice to try this kind of meet up on a fairly regular basis eh?
Lovely to put faces to names
Hey Helen yep my 13 year old, Blake does know your son, his friend Zac who is 9th grade also knows your son!!! Pm me and we can meet up for a coffee sometime - I work opposite coffee traders so it is dead easy for me.
Thanks Ann, it was a great meet up and so good to put faces to names. Sorry we left early. Spent a couple of hours at Honda being offered a Mitsubishi and a VW Jetta as a replacement for the Civic!!!! Back to the drawing board. Many thanks again and hopefully we will see some of you out at Bragg Creek at some time.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:01 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you all had a great time! I apologise for not coming, but hubby was at work, and I'm really a very shy soul! Didn't feel up to attending on my own!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:22 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I really enjoyed meeting everyone who was at Mr. and Mrs. M's house this afternoon. It was a super occasion. As Londonlady said, it was great to put names to faces, and also to meet each others' partners.

Ann, we thought you and Mr. M were great sports to have us all at your place. Many thanks for your hospitality.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:50 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say we also enjoyed meeting everyone today and it was great to talk about Marmite, Eastenders and other "British" things that when we talk to the locals they don't know what we are going on about!

Thanks to the hostess with the mostess, Ann and her family, for putting up with us today and ensuring that the afternoon went smoothly. Hope you enjoy your special "BE packed lunches" all next week!!!

So who's up for hosting the next one? (just kidding!)

Flossie & Jim
(Jo & James)
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

I have been reading this thread as it's been going along, it sounds like you all had a great time and liked meeting the people that contribute so much to this forum.

Family and I would love to meet up if possible when we come over in March/April and meet all you guys? Any idea's anyone?

Thanks to you all for your advice, maybe meet soon?
regards,
Carl
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks everyone - it was a pleasure to host - and it really was great to put a few faces to the names. Notwthstanding how confusing it was with 'virtual' names versus 'real life' names !! See how easy I made it for you lot?!

Thank you everyone for your edible (and quaffable) contributions - and by 7pm you'd be impressed how just how much we all managed to get through. But yes, Mr m will have an impressive combination of chicken tikka, tomato and onion salad and giant muffins for his packed lunch tomorrow ! And we have enough coke and fruit juice to take us to Christmas! So thank you again.

Well done to gryphea and family for a) turning up and b) still being awake at 3pm!
Hello to the Calgary Colemans and I promise not to leave scissors out again for 4 years olds to play with ...
Thank to londonlady's son for 'whooping' the boys at X Box. No re-match required ...
woodmanbg's - hope you manage to sort out that traction control - and yes please to a cuppa ...
Judy - lovely to also meet you at last - and regards to Mr J in Calgary - and I still have a red bowl that I can perhaps get back to you at another time ...
Posidrive and family - hello - thank you again for coming, trust you had a good time at party 'round two' and the headache is not too bad this morning...
Helen - likewise - trust the company 'do' was a good one - and ditto, yes please to a cuppa soon ...
Tanya - up the Flames! - hope the drive back was OK and regards to Steve on his return next week ...
And Flossie & Jim - last but not least - first in, last out - you can come again - great staying power !!!

Morwenna - you really should have come - it was a lovely afternoon, and we would have taken great care of shy people Maybe another time ...

Top Cat - I hope everything is OK this week for you - keep us posted

Roos here - sorry not to catch up with you this time

Almost Canadian - don't worry, I'll just take it all really personally

Once again - happy to be the hosts - so what mug is going to do it next time ? Carl - an Easter bash in your hotel room perhaps, is that OK ?

Kind regards to everyone again - and see/tap/speak to you soon
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

Watch this space -
Hubby will one day return from the US to live in Canada with his family - which was always plan A when this happens I will be cracking the whip to have him create a deck that will be the envy of Cochrane - when this magnificent structure is completed we will host a BE Summer Deck party - I still have 2 bottles of Pimms left over from last summer, although I am sure more will be required - so keep watching this space!!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks from us as well Ann. Pleae don't think us rude for not posting thanks yesterday, but we all spent it wrapped up with a bottle of Night Nurse instead of the expected hangover .

It was really great to meet many of the faces on the board and certainly makes a change to have a conversation where you don't get those blank stares when the locals haven't a clue what you are on about
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:11 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hiya everyone

Thanks you so much Ann for letting us invade your home, I had a fab time and really enjoyed meeting everyone.
My drive home was great, no new snow and the roads were still clear.

I would definitly be up for hosting a meet up at my place (yes I am a lil bit crazy too!!!!!) So watch out for info in the New Year

Just in case I don't get on here before...... MERRY XMAS EVERYONE
Tanya x
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:24 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
It was really great to meet many of the faces on the board and certainly makes a change to have a conversation where you don't get those blank stares when the locals haven't a clue what you are on about
I hear you've met my OH!!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I hear you've met my OH!!
And my credit card has never been the same since
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Calgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really nice

Hello!!

Sorry for going MIA but we've been in the hospital for a couple of days with our youngest...

We had a fab time on Saturday, and loved meeting with you all. Ann thanks so much for giving us a lovely (warm ) venue and such a friendly welcome .

Here's to the next meeting...anyone fancy Chaparral??

Nicky and Ross.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.