Calgary Meet Up !!!!

Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:15 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Meet Up !!!!

Afternoon of Nov 24th or Dec 1st is fine for me.

Nov 24th may suit some people better. By Dec 1st annual office Christmas parties are starting to take place, and some people might have to leave our gathering fairly promptly to get ready for their evening function.

Suggested venue:

The Old Spaghetti Factory
222 - 3rd Street SW
Tel. (403) 263-7223

I've been to Old Spaghetti Factory, and I refreshed my memory by looking up its website. I compared it with the website of Buchanan's. I felt that Old Spaghetti Factory was more affordable, and so might suit a broader spectrum of people. Buchanan's prices seemed higher to start with, and on top of that we would have to pay a surcharge if there were eight or more of us.

Postscript. Buchanan's website also stated that they do not split bills for groups. I don't know yet whether we each want to pay our own way or whether we want to pool our money and pay together. But, if we went to Buchanan's we wouldn't be given the option of deciding for ourselves.

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Oct 30th 2007 at 7:21 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like we are flying in on friday 30th so may be able to make the dec 1st but not the previous one.

Please don't choose dates on our account though as we are not yet decided

Gryphea
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:54 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought but, if anyone lives in a lake community how about pricing up how much it is to hire the center, or one of there rooms for an afternoon or evening. Then we could maybe just all bring a dish or two.

Obviously pay a ticket price or something to cover the hire cost. Just a thought but it may work depending on the price.

Oh I cant find a community website with a price for hire on, was thinking of Chapparel where I have been before for a do.

Mrs minihaha
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

we're on chaparral, if people were interested we could try and sort something out
Old Oct 30th 2007, 11:06 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roos here
we're on chaparral, if people were interested we could try and sort something out

Hi Roos. Just checked out the fees page for your center but I couldnt see a price for Eve hire. Seems to be $80 per day wich I didnt think was too bad for 8 hrs, not that we need all that. Would you mind trying to find out what the Eve price would be to see if it would work or not.

X Mrs minihaha
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Ranjeet2217 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We have been here in Calgary for a year and previously lived in the States for 7 years. It will be nice to meet up with some people from England......and would love to invite myself and my wife Sandip too the next gathering.

Ranjeet
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:46 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Ranjeet, and welcome to the forum.

The person who started this thread, Top Cat, was going to be flying to Calgary today.

No doubt when the Top Cat family has landed and recovered a little from jet lag, we'll get an update.

I'm still interested to know if the get together is going to be the last weekend in November or the first weekend in December.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you then.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

Top Cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Hi, Ranjeet, and welcome to the forum.

The person who started this thread, Top Cat, was going to be flying to Calgary today.

No doubt when the Top Cat family has landed and recovered a little from jet lag, we'll get an update.

I'm still interested to know if the get together is going to be the last weekend in November or the first weekend in December.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you then.

Hi all,

Ive arrived in wonderful Calgary.... Had fantastic flight on friday with Zoom airlines. They were excellent, were expecting a heavily pregnant passenger and made sure I was ok and moved my seat to make me more comfortable....

My hubby and daughter flying out next friday so I making most of the rest!

Yes looking through the posts think the end of November date seems ok. Think one person cant make it that day.....

Any more thoughts or preferences?

Off to a Christmas market in 'Millerville ' today...

Take care all

Top Cat
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:57 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by Top Cat
Hi all,

Ive arrived in wonderful Calgary.... Had fantastic flight on friday with Zoom airlines. They were excellent, were expecting a heavily pregnant passenger and made sure I was ok and moved my seat to make me more comfortable....

My hubby and daughter flying out next friday so I making most of the rest!

Yes looking through the posts think the end of November date seems ok. Think one person cant make it that day.....

Any more thoughts or preferences?

Off to a Christmas market in 'Millerville ' today...

Take care all

Top Cat
Good to hear you've landed, Top Cat. Glad too that you had a pleasant flight.

I still think Old Spaghetti Factory is the place that ticks the most boxes for our group.

Either date is fine with me.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

I will follow this thread as I would love to meet with y'all - please do not go to Chuck E Cheeses. Now my kids are older I have no reason to ever set foot in there again!!!! Nov 24th won't work for me - hubby home from the US for that weekend - not seen him for a few months so got some catching up to do of my own hey Ranjeet - we have a lot in common - We have been in Canada roughly 1 year too, moved from the US having spent the past 6 years there - I have no complaints about anything in Canada - I have lived places like Atalnta and Memphis - I rest my case - although last port of call was New Jersey and I loved those crazy angry Yanks there!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Spaghetti Factory is good for us.

Both 24th Nov and 1st Dec are possible - but 1st December is better !

Can we book? I can't recall the layout of the place at the moment - are there any alcoves or sections? - there could be quite a few of us.

We should get some numbers. There are 4 of us.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

If it is the 24th I will keep my options open - sorry not to be more committed - with hubby home just for 6 days I prefer to just see what happens on the day. Dec 1st - I will be there - does anyone else have an 11year old boy?? From what I have read you all seem to have younger kids - no matter, he will stay home and play X-box with whatever new game he gets for his B-day. if it is just l'lle ole me - can I cadge a lift with you Ann??? You can say No even though you are now on the spot!!! I can take rejection
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Ranjeet2217 is an unknown quantity at this point

LondonLady,

We enjoyed our time in the States and glad we spent the years there. We started off in Boston (10 months) Amarillo, TX (2yrs), Chicago (-2 years) Minneapolis (-2 years) and finally happy to be in Calgary. My wife is Originally from Edmonton so she is happy to be back home or closer to home.

Hopefully this meet up works out, Sandip (my wife) has her company Christmas party on 1st Dec......so that won't work for us, but 24th November should work for us.

Top Cat- Welcome to Calgary.

Ranjeet
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

bobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud ofbobbiel has much to be proud of

Welcome to Calgary topcat, and family.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of sounding bossy , I'm going to do a quick head count !!

Top Cat - 3 people (hopefully not 4 that early!) - child/ren - 3 yr old

Calgary Colemans - 4 people - 1 yr + 4 yrs

Roos here - 4 people - 2 yrs + 6mths

Smelly - 2 people (?)

Flossie & Jim - 2 people (?)

ann m - 4 people - 7 yrs + 9yrs

Judy - 1/2 people (?)

Jingsamichty - 2/3/4 people (?)

Almost Canadian - 5 people (?) - 5 yrs / 8 yrs / 11 yrs (I think!)

gryphea - 4 people - 3yrs + 5 yrs

Burton Bunch }
minihaha } not sure if bringing OH's and kids, or just blagging a girls
Mrs Miggins } weekend away !!

Ranjeet - 2 people

londonlady108 - 2/3/4 people (?) - teenagers

bobbiel - not sure if coming, or just being polite to welcome Top Cat !

OK - so that is already (if everyone could make the same day) approx 40 people, with quite a few kids.

Chaos - me thinks

I may truly live to regret this , but I would be happy to have a "do" at my house if anyone/everyone was willing to come up to Cochrane ... though I'm also perfectly happy if you decline too - no offence taken !!

Seriously - it might be easier in a more casual environment with toddlers, nappy changing, and sulky teens who'd rather have a go on the X-Box ! It also leaves the adults better able to finish a sentence without rescuing little people from the clutches of high chairs, washroom visits, and harrassed staff who get the bills wrong ! Oh, and the parking is free too.

Think about it ... someone mentioned people 'bringing a dish' on an earlier suggestion - that might work (plus a bottle of course!) ...

Open to the floor !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.