Breakfast Choices

Old Jan 31st 2021, 4:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Just what I thought you'd get... in for a week or is that part of the joke?
It's a classic stand-up comedy line. I'm not sure who coined it, but you can't go wrong betting on Henry Youngman.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:03 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Henny Youngman, damned auto correct.
This morning I had lukewarm coffee, cornflakes, a slice of toast with margarine and jam, and I'll save the apple juice and 21g packet of blah cheddar for later. Not as good as yesterday, but so far breakfast is the only meal that isn't mostly going back to the kitchen. They haven't given me a menu to choose from yet, and I don't know if I'm going to get that. The nurses are on 12 hr shifts and deserve high praise, but they just don't have time to give everyone the attention they want.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Henny Youngman, damned auto correct.
This morning I had lukewarm coffee, cornflakes, a slice of toast with margarine and jam, and I'll save the apple juice and 21g packet of blah cheddar for later. Not as good as yesterday, but so far breakfast is the only meal that isn't mostly going back to the kitchen. They haven't given me a menu to choose from yet, and I don't know if I'm going to get that. The nurses are on 12 hr shifts and deserve high praise, but they just don't have time to give everyone the attention they want.
Hubby and daughter brought food in for me when I was in hospital in Toronto. There was no way I could eat the hospital food.

The only time I have had decent food was at a UK BUPA hospital. Food was more or less made to order.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It's a classic stand-up comedy line. I'm not sure who coined it, but you can't go wrong betting on Henry Youngman.

Not Henry but Henny Youngman

Alright his official name is Henry but in the US he was known as Henny. So there!
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hubby and daughter brought food in for me when I was in hospital in Toronto. There was no way I could eat the hospital food.

The only time I have had decent food was at a UK BUPA hospital. Food was more or less made to order.
I looked under the dome on Lisa's food tray and other than perhaps the jello and lukewarm cuppa java, it looked horrid.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I looked under the dome on Lisa's food tray and other than perhaps the jello and lukewarm cuppa java, it looked horrid.
I was surprised when I was in hospital in the US. Being a ‘private’ hospital and not state run, I assumed the food would be pretty good. I was wrong, it was the similar crap served in the UK NHS hospitals and in Toronto.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 2:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Rete
Not Henry but Henny Youngman

Alright his official name is Henry but in the US he was known as Henny. So there!
It was the auto correct, you big silly.
This morning I just had vanilla slices and coffee. Every time I got up yesterday evening to perform a task I'd forgotten before bedtime or to check on the slow cooker I'd reward myself with a vanilla slice, so half of them were left for breakfast.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 3:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

You don't want to put a nice hot breakfast on a cold plate.

Old Mar 18th 2021, 2:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

This morning I had what I've been told passes for a salad in Australia.

Old Mar 18th 2021, 11:30 pm
Concierge

Jim heats the plates and cups in the microwave. He doesn't like cold cups or plates either.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 11:31 pm
Concierge

Is that poached eggs on a hot dog bun?

I'd welcome that lovely steak.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 5:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I approve Caretaker. I approve.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 4:27 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

This looks absolutely fantastic!
Old Apr 13th 2021, 4:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Corned beef hash.

Old May 23rd 2021, 3:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Pancakes and a sausage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.