Boston Marathon

Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:44 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston Marathon

Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Very nasty, makes me feel sick to my boots. As does wrrying about who did it and what the USA's response will be.
Thank you bats!

People lost their life, family's lost their loved ones. We were in Boston last summer, it's only 9h from here and experienced a beautiful town with the one of the friendliest people in North America that we have met so far.

If "very nasty" is all you have to say and feel Alan, then maybe just keep it to yourself!

My thoughts and prayers are with those caught up in the blasts and their families!!!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

It's awful; I love Boston (I'm a Patriots fan and I try to get to a game once a year) and to see the landmarks and hear the street names that are so familiar - really bad times.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:53 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
If "very nasty" is all you have to say and feel Alan, then maybe just keep it to yourself!
Pretty normal reaction I would say. You must have misread it.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:01 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

WTF

Alan said very nasty thing to happen and you stupid X are saying it not a correct X grammar statement. Get a life people have died and all you care about is how to describe this. :@(

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 15th 2013 at 10:09 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

I think everyone who has posted on here agrees this is a horrific event. Let's not let this descend into an argument.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:08 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you bats!

People lost their life, family's lost their loved ones. We were in Boston last summer, it's only 9h from here and experienced a beautiful town with the one of the friendliest people in North America that we have met so far.

My thoughts and prayers are with those caught up in the blasts and their families!!!
I was agreeing with Alan, it is a very nasty situation. Don't forget that 'very nasty' to a Brit is a strong statement.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

I felt that :"Many of the injuries are multiple lost limbs. Very Nasty." was not really describing appropriately what happened in Boston. This is one of the first pictures that has been tweeted

https://twitter.com/theoriginalwak/s...864128/photo/1

and horrific or tragedy comes to mind. Nasty IMO is what is shown on embarrassing bodies on telly.

Should I have misread or misinterpreted the comment then I genuinely apologize to Alan!!!

Regarding magnumpi's outburst, I have never called anybody names and think this is just low. Exactly people have died and there is no need to swear at people and call them names. Sorry if you had a bad day, don't let it out on me!!!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:16 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Smells domestic to me simply because the bombs themselves seem to be rather small in scale.

If a foreign power or "religious fanatics" were involved I don't think it would have been confined to the front of two buildings as seems to be the case here.

Small devices would also be far easier to plant and get through any security measures.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:18 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I felt that :"Many of the injuries are multiple lost limbs. Very Nasty." was not really describing appropriately what happened in Boston. This is one of the first pictures that has been tweeted

and horrific or tragedy comes to mind. Nasty IMO is what is shown on embarrassing bodies on telly.

Should I have misread or misinterpreted the comment then I genuinely apologize to Alan!!!

Regarding magnumpi's outburst, I have never called anybody names and think this is just low. Exactly people have died and there is no need to swear at people and call them names. Sorry if you had a bad day, don't let it out on me!!!
"Very nasty" seems a pretty accurate description to me. Not sure what could be misconstrued about his comment?
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Classic case of early information not being reliable.

Early reports spoke of a controlled explosion of a third bomb. Now it's a 'third' bomb that the authorities have intact, with no mention of a different 'third' bomb.

As soon as the news broke on the guardian site I headed for the American channels on TV. NBC came on first and I watched, until mid sentence of a reporter they went to commercial break.

When I turned on I was aware that Ellen DeGeneres was scheduled but they were covering this event instead.

Now I understand this was probably a scheduled ad break for Ellen's show but surely they have something in place for these situations.

Very impressed with CBS coverage.

Last edited by BristolUK; Apr 15th 2013 at 11:27 pm.
The ride never ends

Boston Globe has a video for anyone interested. http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=2303076923001
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:22 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Emotions run raw at a time like this and you said, you'd actually visited Boston last summer so you're bound to feel it personally.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:24 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Heading to Boston on Wednesday, it does make you think.

Thoughts go to those effected.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of pictures of the aftermath of this around. Very nasty is exactly how I would describe them - especially that poor sod in the wheel chair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.