Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Wikiposts

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Old Oct 5th 2016, 4:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yes...good correction....the media...they control it all.

But yes that is a good way of summing it up i like it, used car salesman or Crazy cat lady! couldnt have put it better myself....it is complete satire!
What has Clinton done to suggest that she's a crazy cat lady?
Old Oct 5th 2016, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
you've been in Peterborough too long, you've assimilated.
Really? how come we ended up with ole Maryam then? im sure she will come in handy if she doesnt get deported! lol

Assimulating with Peterborough...id have to go a way to do that yet....id have to buy a truck, have a bass pro ball cap surgically attached to my head, wear something camo, get a few tats, drink Queers shite (Coors lite) and indulge in regular redneck activities and thats just the "ladies" of Peterborough.... and people ask me why im single!

Just aswell there is other scenary to enjoy in Peterborough!
Old Oct 5th 2016, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
What has Clinton done to suggest that she's a crazy cat lady?
Ask Mark G, i just thought it was funny, i believe there is a lot of corruption being hidden though, it will surface eventually.

Ive yet to work out who is the craziest, her or the used car salesman.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 7:27 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Really? how come we ended up with ole Maryam then? im sure she will come in handy if she doesnt get deported! lol

Assimulating with Peterborough...id have to go a way to do that yet....id have to buy a truck, have a bass pro ball cap surgically attached to my head, wear something camo, get a few tats, drink Queers shite (Coors lite) and indulge in regular redneck activities and thats just the "ladies" of Peterborough.... and people ask me why im single!

Just aswell there is other scenary to enjoy in Peterborough!
After dodgy Dean evn Peterborough wouldn't vote conservative.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 6:03 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

There's no need for the left to do anything. Former supporters of Sanders will grudgingly vote for Clinton, Democrats will vote for Clinton. The election hinges on the sane Republican vote, people who supported Bush, McCain, Romney. I don't think they'll vote for Trump.
True, but will they vote for Hillary? Heavy abstention could push this election in Trump's favour. I think that is issue Michael Moore was flagging.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 11:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
True, but will they vote for Hillary? Heavy abstention could push this election in Trump's favour. I think that is issue Michael Moore was flagging.
Heavy abstention by centrist Republicans?
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:43 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

What was Mr Clinton thinking about when he openly called Obama care the "craziest thing in the world !!"
Old Oct 6th 2016, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

After dodgy Dean evn Peterborough wouldn't vote conservative.
But now we have dodgy Maryam instead!

And it sounds like the liberals are altering the law/looking for loop holes so she wont have to face being stripped of her Canadian citizenship!
Old Oct 6th 2016, 4:05 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Heavy ab
stention by centrist Republicans?
Well, Republicans are Republicans, I think for many ordinary voters it's a binary choice.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 4:26 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

But now we have dodgy Maryam instead!

And it sounds like the liberals are altering the law/looking for loop holes so she wont have to face being stripped of her Canadian citizenship!
Whats the latest on that? If she didn't know that she was born in Iran then she hasn't lied. What would be the point of lying anyway as she had said that she had lived in Iran but was Afghani? I don't know much about her otherwise. When the moved the riding boundaries we moved into another one.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Whats the latest on that? If she didn't know that she was born in Iran then she hasn't lied. What would be the point of lying anyway as she had said that she had lived in Iran but was Afghani? I don't know much about her otherwise. When the moved the riding boundaries we moved into another one.
Well the immigration minister has said they may grant a moratorium on the revocation of her Canadian citizenship, in other words we will change law to suit!

Its still being debated about her place of birth, many have said they knew that she was born in Iran as far back as when she was running for Peterborough mayor.

I don't know how she could apply for citizenship and not know her exact place of birth, i think it even asks for the actual town, so if it was a bit of a grey area why would she assume on something as important as a citizenship application instead of asking her parents? and why has her mom just told her now? was she just visiting for dinner, and it came up in conversation, oh by the way dear you were born in Iran not Afghanistan. The story just doesn't seem to hold much water for me, and many others.

Maybe it was her parents that lied when they applied for her citizenship as a child?

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Oct 6th 2016 at 5:14 am.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 5:48 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Well the immigration minister has said they may grant a moratorium on the revocation of her Canadian citizenship, in other words we will change law to suit!

Its still being debated about her place of birth, many have said they knew that she was born in Iran as far back as when she was running for Peterborough mayor.

I don't know how she could apply for citizenship and not know her exact place of birth, i think it even asks for the actual town, so if it was a bit of a grey area why would she assume on something as important as a citizenship application instead of asking her parents? and why has her mom just told her now? was she just visiting for dinner, and it came up in conversation, oh by the way dear you were born in Iran not Afghanistan. The story just doesn't seem to hold much water for me, and many others.

Maybe it was her parents that lied when they applied for her citizenship as a child?
If you'd always been told by your parents that you were born in city A in country X, why would you think to question that? And if you learned subsequently that you were born in city B in country Y, wouldn't you make an effort to correct official documentation to reflect that? That seems to be what Maryam Monsef is trying to do, but it has opened a can of worms.

The liberals were vociferously opposed to Bill C-24 when it was brought in by the previous government. They said during the election that it would be amended once they were in power, but haven't done much about it yet. The law as it stands gives an individual no right to any kind of hearing or appeal if they are stripped of citizenship under its provisions - several civil rights organizations have launched various challenges to this provision as it appears to fly in the face of some Charter of Rights and Freedoms clauses. Of course, it's arguable whether, if they're summarily stripped of citizenship, those individuals have the protections of the Charter any more, in a rather Kafka-esque paradox.

Under the current law, it makes no difference whether is was Maryam Monsef or her parents who were "economical with the truth" on refugee applications. There are several cases - some very recent and aggressicvely pursued by CIC - where the citizenship status of young children is revoked because their parents either made errors or deliberate falsehoods on applications for citizenship.

There's a National Post article here that goes into a bit more detail Maryam Monsef could be stripped of her citizenship without a hearing after revealing she was born in Iran | National Post
Old Oct 6th 2016, 8:45 am
limey party pooper

Well her father was killed which meant her mother had to raise three daughters in Taliban occupied territory. She wasn't allowed to work so she fled taking her daughter's with her arriving in Montreal when Monsef was 11. Which seems like an admirable and brave thing to do. Borders and nationality are much more fluid in Asia and mainland Europe. For example my MIL was born in Germany but on the recent census we had to state where she was born based on current borders, so that's Poland. Oh and we believe his father was born in India as that's what he was told. There's no proof of that. So on paper my Anglo German husband is now an Polish Indian. I hope we don't get sent home.

(I've been doing some research)

What prompted the Globe and Mail to dig into this?
Old Oct 7th 2016, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Well her father was killed which meant her mother had to raise three daughters in Taliban occupied territory. She wasn't allowed to work so she fled taking her daughter's with her arriving in Montreal when Monsef was 11. Which seems like an admirable and brave thing to do. Borders and nationality are much more fluid in Asia and mainland Europe. For example my MIL was born in Germany but on the recent census we had to state where she was born based on current borders, so that's Poland. Oh and we believe his father was born in India as that's what he was told. There's no proof of that. So on paper my Anglo German husband is now an Polish Indian. I hope we don't get sent home.

I see both your arguments, but surely if there is any doubt and you want to enter into a political career, you must double, triple and quadruple check your history and personal details in a situation like that?

I dont suppose anyone but her and her mother knows the real truth.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So what is the difference between the Monsef case and this case?
VANCOUVER — A 19-year-old Concordia University student has been told she will be stripped of her Canadian identity, a decade after the woman’s mother allegedly made misrepresentations when applying for their citizenship.
Case of Concordia student facing loss of citizenship has ‘compelling parallels’ to Monsef situation: lawyer | National Post

Yes it seems harsh but this is the law as it currently stands and someone at IRCC will have to make a decision on this case. Perhaps a career limiting move but hey someone has to do it as Im guessing the Minister is hoping nobody does it and it goes away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.