Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Trump supporters in Canada?

Originally Posted by magnumpi
So is he Silly not to actually release these figures himself which would have easily explained his tax situation??
That information is two decades old. The returns it's customary to release are recent ones. He hasn't so we don't know what's in them and so can't judge whether or not it would be silly to release them. If they show that Trump makes a lot of money from enterprises in the US and pays no tax due to astute planning then maybe he would do better to disclose.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:45 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That information is two decades old. The returns it's customary to release are recent ones. He hasn't so we don't know what's in them and so can't judge whether or not it would be silly to release them. If they show that Trump makes a lot of money from enterprises in the US and pays no tax due to astute planning then maybe he would do better to disclose.
Yes but what about the fact that he made such a large loss he would be exempt from paying tax until at least 2015
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Yes but what about the fact that he made such a large loss he would be exempt from paying tax until at least 2015
We don't know what he did. Presumably he thinks that, if the public thinks that's what he did, he looks better than if the truth comes out. Better to close your tax returns and be thought a crook than to open them and remove all doubt?
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:50 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Good point
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I'm sorry to see that there are any Clinton supporters in Canada. Gosh! Canada has always been a wonderfully conscientious advocate of human rights in the world, and it has a proud record in that regard. So the idea of the nation giving moral support and sustenance to the campaign of a woman who bears a major responsibility for the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the Middle East is pretty shocking.

If US citizens want to choose their President on the basis of domestic policies, let them. As a nation, USA doesn't care about human rights anywhere in the world. Look at the fuss they make about the four Americans killed in Benghazi, and their silence about their government's wanton slaughter of the native populace. They have no social conscience. Canadians do, and they should know better than to compare Trump with a monstrous mass-murderer. He might become one, in office - who knows? But his hands have no blood on them yet.

I'm pleading the Rachel....

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 2:23 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
I'm pleading the Rachel....
Wise move. Mr Barlow (see posts in the TIO "President Trump" thread passim ad nauseam) appears to be some sort of sock puppet for the Putin regime - except that he also appears to be a real person, so perhaps he's just been brainwashed...
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Wise move. Mr Barlow (see posts in the TIO "President Trump" thread passim ad nauseam) appears to be some sort of sock puppet for the Putin regime - except that he also appears to be a real person, so perhaps he's just been brainwashed...
Oh dear! The anonymous oakvillain has caught me out, because everybody who doesn't follow the MSM line must be a Russian spy. Yes, oakvillain - there really are reds under your beds! Joke-villain, more like...
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:02 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
If you live in Canada, then you would know about that more than I would, and I bow to your superior judgment. (Your public profile doesn't say where you live.) The point is, on the topic of Trump supporters in Canada, that a great many people outside the USA favour Trump over Clinton. Especially those who live in the killing fields of the Middle East, of course, and those who sympathise with them. Trump want to be President of his country: Hillary wants to be Emperor of the World. He is a patriot with (arguably) fanciful ideals; she's just a thug.
What on earth are you on about man
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Serious question.

As with many others, I find Donald getting more and more ludicrous by the day (hour?). And yet, he does seem to have a base of 'deplorables' supporting him in the US, and the anti-Hilary brigade.

So, does anyone have any Canadian friends/colleagues that actually think this fool's fool might be an acceptable US leader?

Not looking to trash Trump, but to find out whether some Canadians buy into his bizarre rhetoric.
The whole of my office seem to be very pro Trump....we have even nick named the one guy (whos name is John) Johnald. lol.

Personally i think the states is doomed whoever they vote for. Although i will say that i think Trump is more of a liability.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:16 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The rise of the Trump phenomenon is because people feel uncertain about the future. They are uncertain about their jobs, security, crime, education etc. So within a world of a perceived threat everywhere, from the chaos in the Middle East, ISIS, economic threat of China and the Black Lives Matter movement, a lot of people are looking for a strong man, someone who has the courage, boldness and ambition to solve these issues/concerns. Someone who claims to have the answers. So, the public is willing to exchange their freedom and autonomy for security and certainty. Trump is essentially saying, give me the power and I alone will take the responsibility of your future. It’s no wonder these days that this sort of message is appealing.
Agree that many supporters have bought into this strong man delusion. Interesting parallels have been drawn between Trump and Chavez.

The fact is the economic decline the US is experiencing is a complex issue with no short term fix; too many of those in unfortunate circumstances are taking consolation in the platitudes and scapegoating of an old fool.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:18 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
The whole of my office seem to be very pro Trump....we have even nick named the one guy (whos name is John) Johnald. lol.

Personally i think the states is doomed whoever they vote for. Although i will say that i think Trump is more of a liability.
Thanks for the first proper answer ! Exactly what I was wondering, whether there are Canucks genuinely behind Trump. I have a few Canuck friends I could ask - but I fear the response!

I don't think the US is doomed under Hillary. I fail to see why so many are so against her.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the first proper answer ! Exactly what I was wondering, whether there are Canucks genuinely behind Trump. I have a few Canuck friends I could ask - but I fear the response!

I don't think the US is doomed under Hillary. I fail to see why so many are so against her.

Yes i work with a lot of Cannucks that are very pro Trump. I liked some of his view points and no nonsense stance at first, but now hes just become ridiculous.

As for Hilary, I shouldnt necessarily say doomed, just uninspiring and probably higher spending when US debt is already spiralling out of control, although i suppose that beats a president that seems to a little too pally pally with a corrupt oppressive Russian despot.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:40 pm
Yo

Given Trump's opposition to NAFTA, you would think Canadian support, especially Ontario support, would be more muted.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Given Trump's opposition to NAFTA, you would think Canadian support, especially Ontario support, would be more muted.
True, but i think there are other things he runs his campaign on surpass that for them.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 4:55 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd

Define 'doomed' in this context.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.