Anxiety or Stress

Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anxiety or Stress

I find smoking Marlboro Lites/Gold to be relaxing. They have the calming effect of a full on cigarette but, being light, allow one to bask in the slightly smug feeling that one has done the healthy thing.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:33 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I find smoking Marlboro Lites/Gold to be relaxing. They have the calming effect of a full on cigarette but, being light, allow one to bask in the slightly smug feeling that one has done the healthy thing.
I have considered medical marijuana, but some say that may make it worse
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:40 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Exercise and booze.

Other than that keep calm and carry on.

You don't really have any problems. You don't sit in your house terrified of a bomb landing on you, you aren't in a refugee camp and you have access to semi reasonable medical care.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I have major stress and anxiety. So much so just being awake causes severe distress.

I've had the chest pains from it as well, and still do. Along with stomach issues.

I haven't found much that has helped other than sleeping. It's not the recommended route but the doctor has approved of it since it keeps the stress and anxiety at bay.

I also find walking in the woods help where there are no people.

People stress me so have to find placed to walk where people are not around.

The little stress balls help a bit as well when I am at home.

I did try the marijuana route once about a decade ago, it just made things worse for me, anxiety was way worse, some say it works but for me it was insanely bad.

Therapy likely would help you if you have access, sometimes just being able to talk to someone who won't judge you really helps.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 2nd 2016 at 3:50 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:46 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Exercise and booze.

Other than that keep calm and carry on.

You don't really have any problems. You don't sit in your house terrified of a bomb landing on you, you aren't in a refugee camp and you have access to semi reasonable medical care.
Just to say I don't actually feel stressed, or anxious. But my body is telling me I am by giving chest pains, maybe a warning. When my doc said this could be the issue i was like what !!! Are u serious. Lol
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:46 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Anyone else on here have any stress or anxiety issues?

Any tips on reducing anxiety are welcome

So how do you guys cope with stress ?
win the lottery

Some thoughts...

dual income no kids (Dink) - get the kids to leave the house forever, no more hand outs or paying for their stuff - just the two of you.... nice & quiet

change your job, or do something to lessen the stress in the job, such as - stop going hell for leather, let the stuff that you cannot change just go out the window, dont be so quick to fix things, tell your boss 'OK, no problem, I'll get it done tomorrow or the day after' take a proper break during work, stop snacking & cut out the soda pop.

change your lifestyle, change your diet big time (cut out white bread, red meat, fried foods, the beer) each more fresh fruit & veg, quit the snacks, take time for yourself, one hour per day alone (not on a computer)

get off the computer (cut the time per day in half immediately - then half again 30 days from now), read a book- many books, you don't have to do physical exerting exercises or jogging - just walk & walk & keep on walking along the trails by the lake till you get to one hour each day, slowly work it up to 2 hrs/day. Sit on a park bench alone, take in the fresh air & do nothing

cut all the people out of your life that annoy you, family, acquaintances, whomever.

when someone or something annoys you - dont react immediately - take 10 seconds or more before you respond or react

Look back 20, 30 years ago - maybe something there, that can help live your life back then when you had less stress & you were at around 150 -160 Ibs, less the beer of course

look around & speak face to face to people that you know that don't appear to stress - find out what they do

Live long & healthy.... good luck to you

Last edited by not2old; Sep 2nd 2016 at 5:13 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:07 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

This is very reassuring knowing that you have some of the same symptoms as me, thank you

I had convinced myself I had stable angina. (More stress lol)
I had a chest pain episode that took me took Emerge for a few hours. The next day I saw a cardiologist and had various tests, stress test, isotope stress test. Bloods etc, etc. The conclusion was that it wasn't cardiac but as I'm high risk because my father had an early heart attack and I'm a lard arse I've been put on preventative meds. I've also had a sleep study and now have a CPAP machine which has made a huge difference to my energy levels, moods, sleep.

I would suggest that if you haven't seen a cardiologist that you do so. Also get a sleep study done especially if you snore. Though non snorers get sleep apnoea too.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by bats
I had a chest pain episode that took me took Emerge for a few hours. The next day I saw a cardiologist and had various tests, stress test, isotope stress test. Bloods etc, etc. The conclusion was that it wasn't cardiac but as I'm high risk because my father had an early heart attack and I'm a lard arse I've been put on preventative meds. I've also had a sleep study and now have a CPAP machine which has made a huge difference to my energy levels, moods, sleep.

I would suggest that if you haven't seen a cardiologist that you do so. Also get a sleep study done especially if you snore. Though non snorers get sleep apnoea too.
I have had all the heart tests and they keep coming back negative
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:13 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I have had all the heart tests and they keep coming back negative
Well that's what you want! Stress reduction right there.

Did you have a sleep study?

Definitely try the massage therapy. Funnily enough I had a facial on Tuesday, my MRT is also an aesthetician. It was the best relaxant ever, I slept so well that night!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:18 pm

Not tried massage yet, I do walk the dog every night, after work, that helps to wind me down, it's just that chest pain that had me so confuzzled I did not link it with stress until my doc said so and now u guys say u had it too, as I said, that really helps.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:40 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Not tried massage yet, I do walk the dog every night, after work, that helps to wind me down, it's just that chest pain that had me so confuzzled I did not link it with stress until my doc said so and now u guys say u had it too, as I said, that really helps.
A bi-monthly visit to your local rub-n-tug should help, apparently.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:11 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...

Chest pain >>> Stress >>> more chest pain >>> even more stress >>> etc etc.

Best to break the cycle by accepting the fact that some people just have pain for little or no reason, as all the tests that you've had done confirm. There will be many who'd envy you.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:23 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say I don't actually feel stressed, or anxious. But my body is telling me I am by giving chest pains, maybe a warning. When my doc said this could be the issue i was like what !!! Are u serious. Lol
Strange!

You get 8 hours sleep a night?
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by dave_j
Hmmm...

Chest pain >>> Stress >>> more chest pain >>> even more stress >>> etc etc.

Best to break the cycle by accepting the fact that some people just have pain for little or no reason, as all the tests that you've had done confirm. There will be many who'd envy you.
Funny you should say that, but when my doc said yet another test showed no Iregular issues and my blood test was also showing no issues and he said Anxiety. I thought, hope he is right as it would almost feel like a lottery win !!!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

xavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond reputexavier1955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
If you google it, be very very careful of which results you pick.
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.