Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Originally Posted by oldbag
Let's get this right.......Jade Goody has NOT saved lots of women's lives....the fact is she elected to live in the public eye, get married, have her confession heard blah, blah, blah, all for loads of dosh....no other reason, and for weeks it's been a virtual countdown to this day. I'm not suggesting for one minute she should have crawled away into a hole, but for heaven's sake, she did absolutely zilch to help other women in the same situation. Jade Goody was all about Jade Goody, and yes, it's sad that she died, but all this overt weeping and wailing is just so over the top. Buy why is it a "sad loss"? What did she contribute to society that means we will miss her? She was a young uneducated woman with a loud mouth who was fortunate enough to become rich and famous for doing absolutely nothing of any worth. What does that say about today's society! In a year's time few people will remember her. She is being held up now as some sort of heroine.......why? Because she died young, in a blaze of well-organised publicity. Next thing will be her equally well-publicised funeral. I for one refuse to jump on this sentimental bandwagon.
There are far more worthy causes on which to use sympathy and sorrow.
She raised awareness by being in the public eye. And I think it is a sad loss, she was only 27 and has left her boys without a mother, that is very sad. She didn't raise money for herself, she did it for her boys so that they could get a good education and wouldn't have the life she did when she was younger. She has also donated a large sum of money to the Royal Marsden hospital. Although she did only get famous for being on a reality tv show, I think she does deserve some credit due to the fact she had a very hard upbringing but made a better life for herself in the end.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Call her what you will...and I know a lot of people have but if I had the chance to make millions before I died to leave to my kids...damn right I'm going to do it and to hell what anyone else has to say! Its because of Jade's plight that I have finally booked my smear test that I have been putting off for about a year.
She's the reason I went and had mine last year. I had put mine off for years but luckily I am in the clear.

Good luck with yours!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:32 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a break, the only real people who will miss Jade are her children. Raking her over the coals is doing nothing. She's gone now and in a few months she won't be mentioned. It's tragic she died the way she did no matter your personal opinion of her. The same can be said for all fund raisers.....does this mean they should all crawl off and die in a hole? ffs, get a grip...

Jade was what she was, she made herself a household name. If she helped even one person then it's been a good thing....

And another thing...if you've nothing nice to say....fluckin say nothing.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:41 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Give me a break, the only real people who will miss Jade are her children. Raking her over the coals is doing nothing. She's gone now and in a few months she won't be mentioned. It's tragic she died the way she did no matter your personal opinion of her. The same can be said for all fund raisers.....does this mean they should all crawl off and die in a hole? ffs, get a grip...

Jade was what she was, she made herself a household name. If she helped even one person then it's been a good thing....

And another thing...if you've nothing nice to say....fluckin say nothing.
Does that include your comments in this very thread too FK ?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:43 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Does that include your comments in this thread too FK ?
I said in my post i felt sorry for her kids, the fact that Max Clifford made money from her is another issue, thrashing her because she had cancer is something else.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

And another thing...if you've nothing nice to say....fluckin say nothing.:frown:
So no one should disagree, we should all say,, The only other person i know with that school of thought was Thumper in the Bambi film, he said that too ,thump thump
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:48 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I said in my post i felt sorry for her kids, the fact that Max Clifford made money from her is another issue, thrashing her because she had cancer is something else.
I don't think anyone has trashed her because she had cancer. From flicking through the posts, people generally have said yes it's sad for the family, sad she was young etc etc. BUT, a sad loss to the country, some have said no it is not.

Your comment about saying nothing unless it's nice didn't seem to extend to Max Clifford and seemed a little like a double standard.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:53 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Tangram

Your comment about saying nothing unless it's nice didn't seem to extend to Max Clifford and seemed a little like a double standard.
Your correct Tangram, i didn't nor would i say anything nice about Mr Clifford, he's not dead.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:00 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Your correct Tangram, i didn't nor would i say anything nice about Mr Clifford, he's not dead.

Alive or dead, I would have anything nice to say about Clifford.

Also, I'm sure that he's been very well rewarded for his part in this "tragedy".

She's dead, the Meeja folk have made their money, her weans are set up and there are now hundreds of thousands of new voyeurs on the planet. Get over it and let's move on.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by tomarense
[/COLOR]

Alive or dead, I would have anything nice to say about Clifford.

Also, I'm sure that he's been very well rewarded for his part in this "tragedy".

She's dead, the Meeja folk have made their money, her weans are set up and there are now hundreds of thousands of new voyeurs on the planet. Get over it and let's move on.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:02 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmph well I was upset and I thnk the womans an idiot. Sad for all those that loved her.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Get a life.
I would just like to say:
I didn't care much for Jade Goody, BUT I do feel for her family and friends that she has left behind, the same as I would do for anyone who has to deal with this horrible and seemingly more common disease.
I would also like to say how sick and tired I am of people who seem to post on threads in such a negative and hurtful manner because they feel like they have too. The OP was a tribute, rightly or wrongly. If you don't like the content of the thread or have no interest in it, DON"T POST. Go and find somewhere else to play!! I'm sure most of you cyber idiots wouldn't have the balls to say boo to a ghost in the real world!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
I didn't care much for Jade Goody, BUT I do feel for her family and friends that she has left behind, the same as I would do for anyone who has to deal with this horrible and seemingly more common disease.
I would also like to say how sick and tired I am of people who seem to post on threads in such a negative and hurtful manner because they feel like they have too. The OP was a tribute, rightly or wrongly. If you don't like the content of the thread or have no interest in it, DON"T POST. Go and find somewhere else to play!! I'm sure most of you cyber idiots wouldn't have the balls to say boo to a ghost in the real world!!!
Sooooo true!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because people are sat behind their computers it seems to give them a free pass to be assholes!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by act1980
The general public may be aware of what it can do but the fact is so many women ignored their letters. The number of women now going for cervical smears has risen by 40% since August last year when Jade Goody was diagnosed. At the end of the day she has saved a lot of womens lives.
Um, no. The reporting around her may well have led to people going for smears that hadn't otherwise, but that wasn't because anything she actually did is it - given that cancer is something that happens to us, rather than something anyone actually does (unless we are talking about Marie Curie that is)? Or was there something to celebrate in her lifestyle that increased the chance of her getting cancer, or the fact she didn't follow up on her recall letters? I think that would be the same as saying she brought higher awareness of bullying and racism and general stupidity through her behaviour in the Big Brothers, which I don't think anyone has suggested.

Of course it is sad that she has died. It is sad that anyone dies, and very sad for her small sons. But given that she didn't actually add anything of value to the world, I don't think that many people will actually notice any difference at all. One less sleb, I'm sure the next one will be along soon enough.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:40 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
Oh wid some power, the gift tae gie us,
Tae see oorsels as ithers see us. R. Burns d. 1759.

Sanctimonious clap is clap, wherever, whenever.

Now move on................unless, of course, you hae a Clifford-like interest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.