Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:59 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
*spits out tea*...Do you go round offering that? I like the mysterious factor of it all, makes things more interesting, unlike when it's right in yer face
I am laughing too much to write lol

No I don't go round offering that!

Aren't they right in ya face anyway? nothing mysterious about a pair of big knockers knocking around!
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
*spits out tea*...Do you go round offering that? I like the mysterious factor of it all, makes things more interesting, unlike when it's right in yer face
now thats real manly... spits out good tea at the thought of a pair of boobies
Old Oct 7th 2011, 5:30 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I am laughing too much to write lol

No I don't go round offering that!

Aren't they right in ya face anyway? nothing mysterious about a pair of big knockers knocking around!
When they are covered they are, compared to them being uncovered
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

This board is not an appropriate place for flirtation between posters. Kindly knock it off.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:05 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
This board is not an appropriate place for flirtation between posters. Kindly knock it off.

Oh I'm not flirting. I was defending myself being called a dog.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:07 pm
The Brit is back

Chilax, it's a laugh
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

You with your "Biblical years" obviously cant remember what a flirt is any more
Old Oct 7th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The driving here in BC is some of the worst I've encountered, some of it is made worse by certain rules of the road here like:

Right turns on red lights:
1. Person making the turn flies out into the road without looking.
2. Other traffic moves into the lane that the person making the turn is about to turn into, even though it's a two lane road with no traffic. Very dangerous.

The 4-way stop:
I've seen a couple of near collisions where the person turning left at one of these forgets that they have forfeited their right to go first.

Constant lane merging:
1. People go right to the very end of the merge before budging in.
2. People have plenty of space to yield to you to let you in but scrape past you instead forcing you to stop at the end of the merge.

Left turns at traffic lights:
You're about to turn left, and the light goes Amber. You think, I'd better get out the intersection, then someone flies past through the amber towards you instead of stopping. Again, very dangerous.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:53 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy

The 4-way stop:
I've seen a couple of near collisions where the person turning left at one of these forgets that they have forfeited their right to go first.
You don't forfeit your right to go first when turning left .... unless a vehicle coming at you from the opposite direction gets there at the same time, in which case you must yield.

from http://roadrules.ca/content/right-way-four-way-stop
.....typically at a four way stop a driver is confronted by vehicles proceeding from three other directions. To meet this challenge, there are three basic rules governing who has the right-of-way. Timing is everything: the first vehicle to come to a complete stop at the intersection has the right-of-way. If two vehicles arrive at the same time and are facing each other, the left-turning vehicle must yield to the oncoming vehicle. If two vehicles arrive at the same time and are perpendicular to each other, the vehicle on the right has the right-of way. A driver is “the driver on the right with the right-of-way” if that driver has no other driver to the right side.

edit: the tricky bit arises if all four vehicles arrive and stop at the same time ....but provided everybody does stop - which they should - there is no need for a near collision, as nobody is speeding through the junction anyway.

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Oct 7th 2011 at 11:56 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 7th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Ah c'mon, don't need to throw the rule book (is this even in the rule book?)
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
I don't think I recalled a rule about discussing puppies but you never know - it could be right at the bottom and you never read it cos you're bored of rules by then?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
Absolutely. dbd33 disapproves of all flirting on talk-boards and has only several times pulled a hottie that way.

Perhaps, being intelligent, he was also applying irony?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:47 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Absolutely. dbd33 disapproves of all flirting on talk-boards and has only several times pulled a hottie that way.

Perhaps, being intelligent, he was also applying irony?
ooooh how I love your sense of humour you educated hottie you
Old Oct 8th 2011, 3:31 am
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

So tomorrow it is then, at 8pm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.