Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Old Oct 7th 2011, 1:32 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoying things you encounter on Canadian roads

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
canadian drivers.
Originally Posted by Alan2005
Every single other road user.

I just learnt how to multi quote lol
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:45 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

no cats eyes, miss them big time
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:45 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1

I just learnt how to multi quote lol

"Never too late for an old dog to learn new tricks as they say"

dbd33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Morons that continue to use their mobile phones, whilst using the other hand to steer the wheel or play with themselves

I think this is a sensible use of time. Very little steering or attention is required on Canadian roads, particularly the 400 series ones, so one may as well telephone or email. The BlackBerry has been a great help in this regard as, prior to my having one, I had to balance a computer and that could be awkward. I think phoning and smoking while driving on ordinary roads is a bit much but, even then, so long as the driver's on a Canadian motorway, I don't think it's anything to get excited about.
Until that person in question runs down/kills a member of your family of course?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Until that person in question runs down/kills a member of your family of course?
It's a curiously simplistic view of the world to think that people's opinions are shaped only by direct experience. I assume you don't approve of murder, though you haven't died at the hands of another. You routinely steal from others, I imagine you accept that you wouldn't stop if someone stole from you, so you should be able to see that opinions can derive from abstract thought.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:06 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's a curiously simplistic view of the world to think that people's opinions are shaped only by direct experience. I assume you don't approve of murder, though you haven't died at the hands of another. You routinely steal from others, I imagine you accept that you wouldn't stop if someone stole from you, so you should be able to see that opinions can derive from abstract thought.
We are back to the old tune again.....I just won another fiver here. You really need to grow a pair of brass ones and come up with another response
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:15 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

"Never too late for an old dog to learn new tricks as they say"

Are you calling me an old dog?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:20 pm
Banned

Are you calling me an old dog?
Without knowing you....I'll put money on it that you are close to the image in your avatar ?
Old Oct 7th 2011, 3:56 pm
The Brit is back

Without knowing you....I'll put money on it that you are close to the image in your avatar ?
mhm well I have dark hair and slightly smaller breasts I have the feisty attitude though lol

Last edited by Lorry1; Oct 7th 2011 at 3:59 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Brits who think they are so superior to everyone else on the road.
Damm I wanted to say that....
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:14 pm
Banned

mhm well I have dark hair and slightly smaller breasts I have the feisty attitude though lol
Wowzer.....Foward aren't you? Dark hair and brunettes always get 5 points right off the bat with most guys

Too much info about the knockers though
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Wowzer.....Foward aren't you? Dark hair and brunettes always get 5 points right off the bat with most guys

She's from Berkshire, what did you expect, A class act
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:35 pm
The Brit is back

sorry but u started it
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:36 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by Gremmie
She's from Berkshire, what did you expect, A class act
whats wrong with Berkshire?

He started it! Just giving it back. Not like I asked if he wanted to look at them.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

He started it! Just giving it back. Not like I asked if he wanted to look at them.
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:42 pm
Banned

*spits out tea*...Do you go round offering that? I like the mysterious factor of it all, makes things more interesting, unlike when it's right in yer face

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.