Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Addicited to Tim Hortons - Miss my timmies

Addicited to Tim Hortons - Miss my timmies

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice
Default Re: Addicited to Tim Hortons - Miss my timmies

Originally Posted by G77
Actually, I think I read somewhere that stopping/starting an engine uses more fuel than 10 mins of idling does, therefore you're wasting more than them....
Not really. It drinks a little bit more on a cold start. But that's not true. It can take 20 minutes to get though a drive tho with engine laboring away. Why not park and walk in and only take 3 minutes and produces less carbon.

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...but what about drinking crap coffee?
Oh yes and that too.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Essex_Man

Oh yes and that too.

So, genius, it's less crap if you walk in to the counter to buy it?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:41 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Essex_Man
Why not park and walk in and only take 3 minutes
Yes, it only takes 3 minutes because most of the people are in the drive through line up. If they all suddenly went inside you'd be waiting quite a bit longer!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Essex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really niceEssex_Man is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
So, genius, it's less crap if you walk in to the counter to buy it?
No I'm afraid it crap either way.

Originally Posted by comet555
Yes, it only takes 3 minutes because most of the people are in the drive through line up. If they all suddenly went inside you'd be waiting quite a bit longer!
Doh I knew there was flaw in my plan. But still when comes to doing ya bit for planet it has to be good right.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I love TH coffee and cinnamon and raisin bagel, toasted lightly with butter. I also love their cinnamon buns......
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:33 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

And what's with Boston Pizza? $35 for a bit of cardboard, they're having a laugh.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I love TH coffee and cinnamon and raisin bagel, toasted lightly with butter. I also love their cinnamon buns......
Hi
The other day i tried cinnamon and raisin bagel, with garlic and herb cheese, it tasted real good.
cheers
Jerry
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 4:28 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Timmy's coffee is naff people!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:32 pm

lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dollface
Timmy's coffee is naff people!
Yeah but it Hot Chocolate time - A must for anyone who does the snow removing, sugar fix yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
I only ever go if i need the kids on best behavour, promise them a timmies and they are good for hours

(i know sad, but its a sugar rush for them lol)
Old Oct 4th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all

Have to be honest - following our trip to Toronto, TH comes a poor third to Starbucks and Second Cup.

We tried two different places, both coffees tasted burnt, staff weren't that friendly and the hash browns weren't great either...