Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Aaaargh...I thought we past this crap!!!

Aaaargh...I thought we past this crap!!!

Old May 1st 2009, 12:36 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Aaaargh...I thought we past this crap!!!

But I guess not.
I wonder about those elected to represent us here in Red Neck country.:curse::curse::curse:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...-teachers.html
Old May 1st 2009, 12:51 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaaargh...I thought we past this crap!!!

Originally Posted by Steve_P
But I guess not.
I wonder about those elected to represent us here in Red Neck country.:curse::curse::curse:

Don't worry Steve in a couple of years we'll be back to chewing tobacco and marrying our cousins (which incidentally seems to happen quite frequently in the boonies still - and a dam sight more dangerous than those gay types!!!!!! - sighs)
Old May 1st 2009, 12:56 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Don't worry Steve in a couple of years we'll be back to chewing tobacco and marrying our cousins (which incidentally seems to happen quite frequently in the boonies still - and a dam sight more dangerous than those gay types!!!!!! - sighs)
I was told by my GP that it was a very popular pastime in Cambridgshire & Suffolk, and that there was a lot more out there than anyone knew about...
Old May 1st 2009, 12:56 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

I remember being told by my teacher in primary 3 that I was stupid when she asked "where do we come from" and I said "from the apes", the correct answer was Adam and Eve. I blame my granpa - he firmly believes in education and science and had explained the basics of evolution to me.

Really don't get why parents wouldn't want their children to know the facts and then make up their mind which version they believe.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:02 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
But I guess not.

Not a snowball's chance in Hell. Just wait until these religious fanatics discover the Intelligent Design theories.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:07 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Not a snowball's chance in Hell. Just wait until these religious fanatics discover the Intelligent Design theories.
Explain?
Old May 1st 2009, 1:11 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
I remember being told by my teacher in primary 3 that I was stupid when she asked "where do we come from" and I said "from the apes", the correct answer was Adam and Eve. I blame my granpa - he firmly believes in education and science and had explained the basics of evolution to me.

Really don't get why parents wouldn't want their children to know the facts and then make up their mind which version they believe.
Because a lot of parents aren't open minded enough. I suspect that they think that their values and opinions will be undermined if they allow their kids to be exposed to other opinions on somewhat controversial subjects.

I often found it strange living in Drumheller which was quite a religious place, coupled with being the dinosaur capital of the world. Evolution and creationalism living seemingly hand in hand - both I think tolerating but not believing each others view point.

Hell even the Passion Play (quite well known Drumheller remake of Jesus on the cross and all that) is set in a place where loads of dinosaur bones have been found!
Old May 1st 2009, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

I dont even know what to say to this...it's just sad and pathetic.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:14 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Intelligent design says that there is a God, it was the designer of all of creation from before the big bang.

This is all obvious because it (everything) could not exist, like it does, if it were not designed by a creative mind.

My main objection still is....... Why Hide... peek-a-boo god, where are you.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:17 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Darwin married his cousin. I suppose there are non mutant descendents somewhere.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Intelligent design says that there is a God, it was the designer of all of creation from before the big bang.

This is all obvious because it (everything) could not exist, like it does, if it were not designed by a creative mind.

My main objection still is....... Why Hide... peek-a-boo god, where are you.

just saying....the people who believe this (i mean no disrespect) also seem to think of earth as the only liveable place in the universe and object to the possibility that there could be life anywhere else in the universe... i invite you to take a look at the photo below.

Last edited by kleinluka; May 1st 2009 at 1:28 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:25 am
RETIRED Realtor

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Darwin married his cousin. I suppose there are non mutant descendents somewhere.
If you are a person of The Book (Jew, Christian, Muslim) you believe that God created Adam & Eve, now from memory they had Cain & Able I don`t recall any girl children, but there must have been. So....... we are all descended from Brothers & Sisters.... no wonder the race is screwy.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a person of The Book (Jew, Christian, Muslim) you believe that God created Adam & Eve, now from memory they had Cain & Able I don`t recall any girl children, but there must have been. So....... we are all descended from Brothers & Sisters.... no wonder the race is screwy.
Abel, FFS.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:44 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a legend that Lilith was really the first woman. Adam didn't like her much as she argued with him, she thought she was his equal, she didn't like him being on top. A feminist woman.

She left and God sent him Eve instead.

And this is priceless. I googled to see how many children Adam and Eve had and found this link
https://www.gotquestions.org/Adam-an...questions.html

Did you know that Adam and Eve didnt have belly buttons

And Adam lived for 930years. Yep it's all true.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
just saying....the people who believe this (i mean no disrespect) also seem to think of earth as the only liveable place in the universe and object to the possibility that there could be life anywhere else in the universe... i invite you to take a look at the photo below.

Thank you so much for posting that! Just shared it with my daughter and she was fascinated (as was I). We knew it was huge out there, but that really puts it in perspective. ....And to think that's only what we CAN see so far........ Just absolutely mind boggling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.