Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is 35 too young for a mid-life crisis?

Is 35 too young for a mid-life crisis?

Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is 35 too young for a mid-life crisis?

Originally Posted by MCrocker
I bought a red MR2 which my OH suggested was some form of mid life crisis - soon got back on track when I realized there was absolutely no room for luggage......
Funnily enough, I want to buy a motorhome - I was ignoring several of the issues that would prevent this, ie our drive is too small but OH has talked me out of it.

I quite fancy pole dancing!

Best not to talk about toy boys.....
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:17 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
.............and "go have an adventure."
I did that and got told off by the mother-in-law. She said my next adventure should include my husband!

..... now she's pissed at me for dragging him off to Canada!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:11 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

you made my evening, morwenna!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:30 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I did that and got told off by the mother-in-law. She said my next adventure should include my husband!

Too funny!

Old Aug 25th 2007, 4:47 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beebop
Best not to talk about toy boys.....
Why ever not? I have one and thoroughly recommend it.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beebop
I hav e not been at my sunniest lately and whilst there is nothing in particular wrong, I am not a happy bunny!

Then it occurred to me that I might be having a mid-life crisis?
Nahhh Something is upsetting you?

You are never too young ....... I am 30 and been have a career crisis since I was 21.

Do what makes you happy and find out what you need to make you happy. I am an Accountant and althougth my job is boring, it has always given me the salary that I require. So even though I am not 100% happy in my job, who is??? It gives me the financial freedom to do what I want.

Think about what you are looking for in life. I think the most important thing is to be happy, material things mean nothing, a man can have no wealth, but be the happiest individual on the planet.

Last edited by Mountain Girl; Aug 25th 2007 at 6:24 am. Reason: Its late I am off to bed
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Cool!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:20 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

35 is an excellent age to have a mid-life crisis - you don't want to be too old, or you won't enjoy it
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by smelly
Nahhh Something is upsetting you?

You are never too young ....... I am 30 and been have a career crisis since I was 21.

Do what makes you happy and find out what you need to make you happy. I am an Accountant and althougth my job is boring, it has always given me the salary that I require. So even though I am not 100% happy in my job, who is??? It gives me the financial freedom to do what I want.

Think about what you are looking for in life. I think the most important thing is to be happy, material things mean nothing, a man can have no wealth, but be the happiest individual on the planet.
You are absolutely right!

My BIL is an accountant and I was saying to him that I'm not living the "right life" and he emailed back to say he isn't either - he wants to be a rock god!!!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:30 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

my mother inlaw is pissed at me and Ive not draged him to canada yet but she blames me for his wanting to immigrate sayin that she blames me for everything
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:16 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
my mother inlaw is pissed at me and Ive not draged him to canada yet but she blames me for his wanting to immigrate sayin that she blames me for everything
Borrow my broad shoulders and turn you back on her - if she sees she can't control you then she MAY give in
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:36 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
There comes a time when we all take stock of our lives and wonder what on earth we are doing and how can we make it more fulfulling - that to me is mid-life crisis time. Wasn't far off that age when we decided to emigrate (Mmmm, wonders how many people actually do decide to emigrate during their M.L.C. )

HWP - note that your crisis came 7 years apart. I believe there is a 7-year cycle. It's the stereotypical '7-year itch' whether it's relationships, housing or job.

A friend of mine's is so fed up with her house (which is lovely BTW) thats she is desperate to move. I found out that they have lived there for 14 years so I told her it's no wonder she's desperate as she has 2 x 7-year itches to scratch
I felt like I had one for most of last year and the funny thing is me and the OH had been together for 7 years.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:47 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
I felt like I had one for most of last year and the funny thing is me and the OH had been together for 7 years.
That wasn't a mid-life crisis, that was the "seven year itch".
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:50 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Yippee only 3 more years and I get to have another itch that'll be my 5th time and it gets better and better
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:52 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I would say it was definately both

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.