Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is 35 too young for a mid-life crisis?

Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is 35 too young for a mid-life crisis?

Originally Posted by Beebop
Course not - we are women! We can have one as often as; and whenever we like!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:41 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas

Hell, no! I'm on my third!
One of them was most likely mine.

I'm 60 and I haven't had one yet.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:45 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it's bang on the money if you're going to croak at 70.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Just after I passed 40 I had finished my OU degree and was feeling very low.

I took two weeks off, got on my bike and rode down through France, from Calais to the Med. I raised £10K for Cancer Research.

It gave me time to think. As it was October (it rained and blew gale force winds 7 out of 10 days) the ride was 'character-building'.

Since then I have ridden more miles than in the rest of my life and I love it. My OH encourages me (probably to get me out of the house) and now rides with me.

Simon
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had time for a mid-life crisis Keep yourself busy
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:27 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps its the stress of all this immigration crap me dear.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:41 am
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Calgal
Course not - we are women! We can have one as often as; and whenever we like!
Hey, nice to see you pop in!

How are you?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I wish I had time for a mid-life crisis Keep yourself busy
Exactly, I feel very self-indulgent!

I am very busy but it's all mental stuff, lot of plate spinning! And a wee bit too much time on my own this week. I should get out on my bike, the only problem with being miserable is that it is a real effort to do anything and then I only feel worse when my self-motivation fails!

I have to say the immigration stuff doesn't worry me too much as it is all too distant!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:54 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

There comes a time when we all take stock of our lives and wonder what on earth we are doing and how can we make it more fulfulling - that to me is mid-life crisis time. Wasn't far off that age when we decided to emigrate (Mmmm, wonders how many people actually do decide to emigrate during their M.L.C. )

HWP - note that your crisis came 7 years apart. I believe there is a 7-year cycle. It's the stereotypical '7-year itch' whether it's relationships, housing or job.

A friend of mine's is so fed up with her house (which is lovely BTW) thats she is desperate to move. I found out that they have lived there for 14 years so I told her it's no wonder she's desperate as she has 2 x 7-year itches to scratch
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, nice to see you pop in!

How are you?
I'm great thanks (great thread - given me some food for thought).

This will sound really bad (but hey, I am old ), but I don't remember your name/who you are. Have you changed it, or have I just lost more brain cells to dementia??
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Calgal
I'm great thanks (great thread - given me some food for thought).

This will sound really bad (but hey, I am old ), but I don't remember your name/who you are. Have you changed it, or have I just lost more brain cells to dementia??
Nah, you're not old or demented, I morphed a while back to a different user name as I got bored of my old one!

I'll send you some karma and tell you who I used to be!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:50 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

I am very busy but it's all mental stuff, lot of plate spinning! And a wee bit too much time on my own this week. I should get out on my bike, the only problem with being miserable is that it is a real effort to do anything and then I only feel worse when my self-motivation fails!

I have to say the immigration stuff doesn't worry me too much as it is all too distant!

Going by your username I would have thought that you had some music that makes you want to move around to
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:00 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

what about a toy boy/girl (shouldn't discrimitate) that may take your mind off it for a while
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:09 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

I have not been at my sunniest lately and whilst there is nothing in particular wrong, I am not a happy bunny!

Then it occurred to me that I might be having a mid-life crisis?
I bought a red MR2 which my OH suggested was some form of mid life crisis - soon got back on track when I realized there was absolutely no room for luggage......
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

How about taking up pole dancing? Good exercise and let you get
in touch with your feminine self
Yoong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.