Melaka

Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melaka

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Sounds like we need a Down Memory Lane thread
A sort of Malaysian version of Last of The summer Wine, you mean?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:23 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

There's an idea
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

Starring Compost Bin Fulla and Norahliza Binti Batty, I guess. You could call them Compo and Nora for short!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Sounds like we need a Down Memory Lane thread
Yeah better before we forget everything...its coming ya know
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:20 am
Just Joined

kenle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Teribus1
I am new to this forum and am in the process of buying a bungalow in Klebang in Melaka. Are there any others out there who live in Melaka? I semi retired and have a company in Jakarta that i run remotely. We have mm2h and my wife is from singapore. We are currently renting a condo in Klebang.
I am from Melaka, welcome to Melaka.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Teribus1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kenie

Thanks for your reply. Are you from the UK?

Brian
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kenie

Thanks for your reply. Are you from the UK?

Brian
I am original from Melaka, but staying in Bangkok for many years, plan to move back,
I am looking for bungalow/ semi d in Klebang too,
by luck saw your post...
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Kenie

My wife is a Potuguese Eurasian and her mother's from Melaka. If you are heading down this way give me a shout and we can meet up. We hope to take over our bungalow next month and will then be busy with renovation

Brian
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Kenie

My wife is a Potuguese Eurasian and her mother's from Melaka. If you are heading down this way give me a shout and we can meet up. We hope to take over our bungalow next month and will then be busy with renovation

Brian

I spent my childhood in Klebang, I was staying at the area behind Golden Coast Condo. That's the reason I would prefer Klebang.

Hope to meet you in Melaka soon.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

I also look forward to meeting up.

Brian
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

I also look forward to meeting up.

Brian
I've sent my email to you, pls check you private message.
Keep in touch.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Troubador

I used to spend weekends in Melaka in the seventies when i lived in Singapore. It has changed a lot and not all of it for the better. However if you keep clear of the tourist areas it still has much that is pleasant and itnis nit too far from Singapore where we also have a house. The food is good with roti canai and other mamak delights available togeher with peranikan dishes and of course the Portuguese Eurasian carry devil.
You can go to Melaka Raya and try Wok & Pan.

Their website : http://wokandpan.blogspot.com/p/chefs-background.html
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I like Klebang and have been checking the real estate there. Not bad...bad only one place to date has caught my eye.
Don't recall or more likely never knew a lot of the other suburbs mentioned and am not taken by most the places on offer.

Nice to see a few expats seem to be setting up in Melaka. Hope a bit of a community takes shape there.