Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Health insurance company recommendation

Health insurance company recommendation

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

AntonyStinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health insurance company recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good health insurance company. Looking for coverage for myself wife and two kids. Had a look on the web and there are loads....
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:18 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health insurance company recommendation

We have MM2H and are with Allianz but there are loads of others as you quite rightly say. Are you just looking for Malaysia coverage?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:19 am
Just Joined

AntonyStinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
We have MM2H and are with Allianz but there are loads of others as you quite rightly say. Are you just looking for Malaysia coverage?
Yes but if the premiums are not much different I would take worldwide
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this would be of interest, but I know of an agency who do Full worldwide medical insurance for expats called Bali Medical Insurance. Quite expensive though, I believe. Mind you, if you can get your company to pay for it....hehe.

I've got an email address - don't think I should put on here so I'll send you a PM.... OR... they'll probably come up on google I would think.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

I posted an overview of insurance companies some while back on my blog. See link below and use the search box on the site to search for 'insurance' or 'medical'. I believe it's frowned upon to post direct links to the relevant pages here (despite the fact that it might help people who have questions they need answers to).

I'm currently with Kurnia but am reviewing my position and will be preparing an overview of the major providers here over the next week or two as my renewal looms. At the moment I'm leaning towards AIA or MSIG.

You need to look at how much you pay when you join and how much you will pay in the years ahead, in some cases, as you get older, the costs later can increase dramatically such that what seems the most cost desirable now (cost / benefit) is not in the long run. You need to look at what age they will insure you to as well.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Atilla
You need to look at how much you pay when you join and how much you will pay in the years ahead, in some cases, as you get older, the costs later can increase dramatically such that what seems the most cost desirable now (cost / benefit) is not in the long run. You need to look at what age they will insure you to as well.
They can also move the goalposts if they wish. As you know, Mr bakedbean developed a condition and that was covered by Allianz...and got quite a packet back on insurance claim. However, when it came to renewal time, they put a "limit" on what he could claim back for that specific condition.

Another lady told me a similar story for another insurance company. I think it was AIA. I suspect they all do it. Of course, you don't find out until it's too late.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Indeed. The problem is, none that I've found yet do automatic renewal, does Allianz? As such, each year it's up for grabs and time for them (if they want) to add further exclusion clauses or even decline to insure. Sux
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:02 am

No, this is Allianz we're talking about. We only had/have cheapy insurances anyway. Our stance has always been to keep some rainy day money for med expenses, if needed. Glad we did that now.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah, OK, thought you were maybe with another before but moved to Allianz because they were better in that regard. Seems that the medical insurance here is ok until you need it.