Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

British Expat Faces Death Penalty in Malaysia

British Expat Faces Death Penalty in Malaysia

Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:22 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expat Faces Death Penalty in Malaysia

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Asia is a man's world.
Oy, you wash your mouth out

Funnily enough, we met a couple of times a young Swiss lady who was living with her Thai boyfriend in Phuket and they'd been together for years and it seemed to be working out for them. She worked (legit) in Thailand and spoke fluent Thai. Very nice couple. Must admit though, I've not heard of any others, not that I know the whole of Phuket of course.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:24 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour

Corruption in the police is far from unknown in Malaysia so would treat so called evidence accordingly.
Agreed... and so many other so called developed countries too.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Agreed... and so many other so called developed countries too.
Indeed they do. Just take a look at the British system to witness the corruption in that country with the setups.

It is a reason i am not in favour of the death penalty. An ordinary person ability to get justice in the system be in where ever rather depends on their income.
In developing world countries often possible to buy one's way out or at least make the evidence go away.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:40 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Like relationships everywhere you can win or loose. Often a lot of added on complications arise with besides the cultural differences which can prove difficult enough, great variations in age play out as well.

Some men though seem to dispense of reality in the tropics and don't think a lot with their head.
This can be a fatal flaw indeed from my experience in Thailand.
or thinking with the little head rather than the big head !
Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:46 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Oy, you wash your mouth out

Funnily enough, we met a couple of times a young Swiss lady who was living with her Thai boyfriend in Phuket and they'd been together for years and it seemed to be working out for them. She worked (legit) in Thailand and spoke fluent Thai. Very nice couple. Must admit though, I've not heard of any others, not that I know the whole of Phuket of course.
Didn't say it couldn't happen but I think it's harder for a woman to find a guy.

Or to find a guy who doesn't expect everything done for him.

Or that there is a western woman who would put up with this and still let him go out drinking whiskey with his mates.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:23 am

Indeed they do. Just take a look at the British system to witness the corruption in that country with the setups.

It is a reason i am not in favour of the death penalty. An ordinary person ability to get justice in the system be in where ever rather depends on their income.
In developing world countries often possible to buy one's way out or at least make the evidence go away.
You're making me think there. You have a very good point.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Just finished reading John Grisham's "A Time To Kill" Interesting take on death penalty
Old Jun 8th 2011, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Recall once when in Penang a raid by the drug squad had taken place at the Swiss Hotel,two days before I arrived. I think he was A Swiss national,the fellow charged,but another two got off for some reason.
He was executed a year or so later.

In 86 two Australians,Barow and Chamberlain were executed after being busted leaving Penang with herion.

There has been a few. The immigration office and entry posts used to warn very clearly,Daddah means Death in Malaysia.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I'm generalising a bit here bedause there are always exceptions. I've come across ex gogo dancers with hearts of gold and women with a masters earning six figure salaries who were real bitches.
Interesting thread. A go-go dancer with a six figure salary would seem to be the way to go
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Atilla
Interesting thread. A go-go dancer with a six figure salary would seem to be the way to go
I'm pretty sure that with sponsors and the like some of them do.

Reminds me of the old joke from Thailand, " You never lose your Thai girl, you only lose your place in the queue ! "
Old Jun 10th 2011, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice

Good one