Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

whinging poms-complaining Italians

whinging poms-complaining Italians

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whinging poms-complaining Italians

Old Sep 9th 2013, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whinging poms-complaining Italians

Originally Posted by martine.italy
I love Italy and miss very little about the UK, but as always there is a snake in the grass. I live in a paradise in Southern Italy, with my Italian boyfriend, horses, dogs, cats and chickens. We employed a 'lady' from the village to clean, she has been regularly cleaning out my purse of money. Yes it happens in all parts of the World but I feel devastated that she could come into our home where we trusted her and steal regularly, putting her hand in my bag every morning. After having a telecamera installed we yesterday had her arrested. I have never posted on a forum but am doing this because I find it cathartic. This morning without any telephone call she tried to let herself into our property, we discussed, on my part heatedly what had happened and she turned it around on me, saying that all my eggs that she stole, my homemade salamis, jams etc etc, my cockeral I had reared especially for my 83 year old father I had told her she could help herself. The money was just a moment of craziness, the same old story. The police arrested her with 15 euros stuffed in her bra, and last night really could'nt be bothered taking a statement properly even though we had our solicitor with us. I love Italy, the climate, the sea, our beautifull house in the country, the food that I am growing and rearing myself. Our wine and our own olive oil, that apart I will find it very hard to ever trust anyone else in my home. A bare faced liar who is already managing to get the sympathy vote and an Italian legal system that will probably end up doing nothing. Dissapointing to say the very least and an experience that has soured Italy for me in a big way. Hope this isnt whinging to much
It sounds like you have it all,if only..Please don't let 1 stupid woman spoil it for you.We don't have anywhere near what you do but its ok or it was , last year we had a jumper over the spiked wall, so stupid i heard him jump over, well the short is he has gone but my wife just wants to leave here asap, me ok yes lets go in time, she wants to be gone yesterday. Just try if you can put it in the past