Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

What are the dentists like in Italy

What are the dentists like in Italy

Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice
Default Re: What are the dentists like in Italy

All dentists are mean. Punto.

I had a tooth pulled in Italy and it was proper horror film.
I also had a small filling - different dentist which was fine.

Had the best hygienist clean in Italy too.

NHS dentistry has turned into a bit of a farce IMO. I am currently in the process of trying to find a decent UK dentist and can't.

In summary, I think there is good and bad both in the UK and Italy - just need to track em down and get recommendations and be prepared to pay.
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

JD1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

To practice dentistry in Italy i'm sure you have to be licensed as they thrive on bureaucracy and excessive paperwork here . However that doesn't mean that they are competent and there doesn't seem to be much recall if they screw up.
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:41 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelloBaby
Thankfully here in the U.S. the consequence are higher for those that try to practice dentistry without a license than in Italy..
This poster has posted three similar messages in three different sections. Spam or access to pm's?
Old May 4th 2014, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Nortius Maximus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Rome and use a dentist who is Italian but speaks perfect English. He does my children's teeth too. I am very happy with his practice. I can dig out the details if you wish.