Speeding fines

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fines

Originally Posted by 37100
Call it me being my usual untrusting self, but don't you need to do something to get it cancelled? My bones (and experience)tell me, that in Italy, just being told is not enough.
You are right, they told us to go and speak to the Carabinieri who issued the fine( next town down from us) and check if they will annul it there or we still need to do the 'recorso' at the Prefetto di Roma.
Judging from my instincts, it will be the second one-we need to keep the bureaucrats in jobs.

I have no problem to write to the Prefetto, I just wrote to him asking to annul my speeding fine from 2 years ago, when a Carabiniere judged with his eye that I did not reduce the speed in front of a school.
The law has changed since, so I asked for my 180 euro back. I know that they received the letter as I got the notification, but who knows when someone will answer it.