Speeding fines

Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about
Default Speeding fines

I've just got a speeding fine for something that happened at the beginning of July. Isn't there some sort of time limit for these things in Itay? In the UK you have to be notified within 14 days! How is anyone supposed to remember who was driving two and a half months ago??
Old Sep 14th 2010, 3:12 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fines

They have 6 months to issue the notice, correct me if I'm wrong, which is near nye impossible, as they are so slow to do things. Also, it would be very difficult for most normal people to remember back that far in case they wanted to protest it, I mean, I don't even remember how many cats I ran over this morning let alone last week!
Old Sep 14th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I received a speeding fine 5,5 months after the' transgression'. Apparently, I did not regulate my speed in front of a school( which by the way does not have a school sign in front, so how are you supposed to know?).I only remembered I drove there because on that day there was a carnevale at school and I took the kids dressed in costumes.
Needless to say, my argument that the vigile could not have judged my speed with his eyes did not get accepted, so I had to pay the 200 euro fine.They did not take 5 points from my licence though as with all the complaining the 2 year limit was reached when they wipe the previous point off.
Actually you just reminded me that I must ask for my money back because last year a Judice di Pace ruled that all speeding fines must be annulled if the vigile did not use an instrument to measure the speed, ie, the eye is not enough to judge the speed of a moving vehicle.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:11 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Was the original fine you received 200 Euro or was that the final total including interest when you finally had to pay it?

I take it you have an Italian licence?
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Was the original fine you received 200 Euro or was that the final total including interest when you finally had to pay it?

I take it you have an Italian licence?
Hi Duffer, I found the fine and I got the figure wrong, it was 74 euro, plus 11,74 spese=85,74 if you pay in the next 60 days.
I paid 170,94, so they must have given me the full fine( paying after 60 days, plus interest).
Unfortunatelly I had to change my British licence for an Italian one. I do not think I would have escaped with a British one either, apart from the points bit as the points systems in both countries are different.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:47 am
Pull my finger

Well it's still a lot of dosh for a presumption that you were speeding. Hope you get the money back - plus interest!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Nuvoletta is an unknown quantity at this point

with all the new laws that have just been passed they now have to let you know within 12 weeks.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nuvoletta
with all the new laws that have just been passed they now have to let you know within 12 weeks.
Have you got a pointer to this law? I've just got another speeding fine for an offence 13 weeks ago with the notice received yesterday.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by casalottian
Have you got a pointer to this law? I've just got another speeding fine for an offence 13 weeks ago with the notice received yesterday.
It was from an article in the ACI magazine that talked about all the new laws. It maybe on their website, but I somehow doubt it will be backdated. I just looked for the magazine, but I think it went in the bin, sorry..

Take it from me, the whole 6 months to let you know thing...it sucks.. I got hit for nearly 400 euros! Tripped two speed 'scameras' in one day on the mo-bike....
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the pointer. I found this link:
http://www.aci.it/sezione-istituzion...iolazioni.html
but that's from 1992 and says 90 days, which is 12 weeks and 6 days which would be up 11 October from a 13 July offence. The raccomandata was received on 12 October but sent earlier of course. I wonder where that leaves me?
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

I asked on ricorsi.net and was told that the new law doesn't apply to offences before August which still carry a notification time of 150 days. Also, it's the date of sending, not receipt.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

In a word.... bugger!
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nuvoletta
In a word.... bugger!
Indeed!
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Three days ago OH got a speeding fine-drove 7km over the speed limit.
The speeding ocured on 30/4/2010, so over 150 days ago.
I went to the local Carabinieri station this morning and they confirmed that since the fine was received over the 150 day limit, it is invalid-66 euro saved.

I wonder why they bother sending it out when it is not valid; maybe someone would not know about this rule and pay the fine.

They also told me that the new limit for sending you the fine is 90 days.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 1:58 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
Three days ago OH got a speeding fine-drove 7km over the speed limit.
The speeding ocured on 30/4/2010, so over 150 days ago.
I went to the local Carabinieri station this morning and they confirmed that since the fine was received over the 150 day limit, it is invalid-66 euro saved.

I wonder why they bother sending it out when it is not valid; maybe someone would not know about this rule and pay the fine.

They also told me that the new limit for sending you the fine is 90 days.
Call it me being my usual untrusting self, but don't you need to do something to get it cancelled? My bones (and experience)tell me, that in Italy, just being told is not enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.