Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Oct 5th 2010, 2:46 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Alex came home today and said that his teacher told him he hasn't yet taken his 2 euro (for Cristina's wedding fund).

Even though the note said "for those who wish to participate" I knew he'd get a reminder !!!!! Still not giving him 2 euro to take to school though.

Chloe doesn't go to school tomorrow until 10.30am. Why? Assemblea Sindacale.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Alex came home today and said that his teacher told him he hasn't yet taken his 2 euro (for Cristina's wedding fund).

Even though the note said "for those who wish to participate" I knew he'd get a reminder !!!!! Still not giving him 2 euro to take to school though.

Chloe doesn't go to school tomorrow until 10.30am. Why? Assemblea Sindacale.
I really hate that!!! I had a similar argument over this charity orange thing the school do. We would do it if we didn't have to put our address on the receipt as we don't want them sending us begging letters and wasting their money. In the end I had to actually go to the teacher and tell her myself why I hadn't filled in...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:47 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It's not fair is it.
If a note says that it is your own free will to participate or not, they should leave it at that and not remind the kids that they haven't brought their money in yet.
Didn't they embarass H in this kind of way last year?
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

It's not fair is it.
If a note says that it is your own free will to participate or not, they should leave it at that and not remind the kids that they haven't brought their money in yet.
I think we all have great memories of british schools and we use are memories to compare british schools with Italian ones . I'm really happy that I've educated my kids here although alot of things really annoy me . The schools at home frighten me check out this link http://www.leavethemkidsalone.com/schools.htm
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

It's not fair is it.
well obviously we had the infamous Umbrella incident last year!!! and not necessarily money but petty things like forms that I don't need to fill in cos they don't apply to us so why do they want that info....

I've never heard of schools taking fingerprints in the UK. I'm a bit confused as to why they would...
Old Oct 6th 2010, 8:36 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
well obviously we had the infamous Umbrella incident last year!!! and not necessarily money but petty things like forms that I don't need to fill in cos they don't apply to us so why do they want that info....

I've never heard of schools taking fingerprints in the UK. I'm a bit confused as to why they would...
I checked under Manchester and they were using finger prints so kids could get their school meal without needing cash....I suppose it stops other kids borrowing or stealing other methods of getting a meal from another kid. Does seem a bit much though. I wouldn't want Alex's fingerprints in the system already! Our liberties, privacy are virtually non-existent these days aren't they??
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I checked under Manchester and they were using finger prints so kids could get their school meal without needing cash....I suppose it stops other kids borrowing or stealing other methods of getting a meal from another kid. Does seem a bit much though. I wouldn't want Alex's fingerprints in the system already! Our liberties, privacy are virtually non-existent these days aren't they??
oooh not heard of that. I must admit that we go on and on and on about identity cards in the UK but you get caught on camera hundreds of times in an average day. Liberty and privacy are a weird thing. Jamie thinks I should go careful spouting my politics etc on Facebook as he reckons the first thing companies do these days is google you!!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 10:37 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
oooh not heard of that. I must admit that we go on and on and on about identity cards in the UK but you get caught on camera hundreds of times in an average day. Liberty and privacy are a weird thing. Jamie thinks I should go careful spouting my politics etc on Facebook as he reckons the first thing companies do these days is google you!!
Yep, Steve has been tracked down by candidates (he is in recruitment) and badgered about interviews etc through the messaging they have. Plus it is now being allowed as admissable evidence in all sorts of circumstances. A woman in the US had her injury claim dismissed when it was discovered that she wasn't immobile and housebound from her discussions on Fb about trips out etc....I also know someone who has had to keep completely mum about a recent work related event to the extent I only found out about it recently and by accident - the event, a serious one which I'm not going to say anymore about - happened over a year ago but there could have been serious repercussions if there had been any evidence of it having been discussed on an open forum or via e-mail, letters etc...
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:58 pm

My dad was telling me about this school story when he was here. The school is in the village where he lives.

What the newspaper articles don't mention is that the crabby bitch protesting the most is not happy with the sound proof fencing because she wants a fat pay out.

She knew the school was there when she bought the house but in today's greedy society she has seen the children's noise as a way to get some money by threatening to sue the council.

I know exactly what I'd like to say to her !!!!

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8400...om_neighbours/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11340226
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Yep, Steve has been tracked down by candidates (he is in recruitment) and badgered about interviews etc through the messaging they have.
I had to delete all traces of my facebook page because clients used it to try and contact me to get updates on their loan applications !!!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

Monday - riunione sindacale. school finished at 10.15
Tuesday - consiglio d'istituto. school finished at 9.15
Friday - "corteo in piazza contro Gelmini" . no school
Old Oct 6th 2010, 4:34 pm
The Original Red Head!

Originally Posted by dina1965
I had to delete all traces of my facebook page because clients used it to try and contact me to get updates on their loan applications !!!
Unbelievable isn't it?! I have quite a few friends who left then came back under false names but let us all know first!! My favourite has to be Kay Sara...
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Today's moan My son has had a shoulder pain for a few days and keeps asking me to rub tiger balm on it. I told him I think its cos his rucksack is too heavy and so I decided to weigh it - todays rucksack weighed 7.7kg - it was so heavy. Now I imagine a 12yr old carrying this on his back and I got very angry - so now dont now where to find useful info on the net to tackle the teachers with and try and find another solution ? I'm sure there must be some limit on how much a 40kg boy can carry. I know they were talking about this once on an English programme and how much damage can be done to childrens developing spines. What do you think ?
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:21 pm
The Original Red Head!

I've had a headache since this morning which I'm pretty sure is down to carrying my daughter's backpack to school for her this morning!! For some reason she has four books plus her various pencils and her diary in it this evening. She doesn't do homework but they do bring home what they've done each day for us to see but she says she hasn't done anything in one of the books - I reckon it's the book she's supposed to catch up in.... Oh, well my headaches so bad I'm not calling around to find out!!

Patty - try this one! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/547336.stm
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant Testa - thanks so much . Have saved it and will print it and maybe take it along to the next meeting. They're going to hate me - I'm going to moan about the canteen (today another disgusting meal ) and also the bags.
But who cares

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.