Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Rubbish tax-TARSU

Rubbish tax-TARSU

Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:24 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish tax-TARSU

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I tell a lie.

Found last bill for "somma dovuta per tassa smaltimento rifiuti e tributo provinciale - importo 90.86.

And it's in my name only. It does say that the superficie fatturata is 73 MQ but I don't know how that was calculated as we have more than that. Perhaps they don't count the cantina and other rooms. I don't know.
They do spot checks in Verona to see if you've declared the right size. We have to include catina etc, but I don't know if they actually count.

Originally Posted by Isakat
I live in a private road, 5 min drive from the town centre. The rubbish collection is 'differenziata', ie they come twice a week for plastic, umido and cardboard and 4 times for general rubbish, plus they take 5 bags of garden green waste if you make an appointment.
I am starting to think that the fact the semmiinterrato of the house has been classified by the catasto as a 'casa seconda' might have to have something to do with this. This was done by the previous owner to avoid paying higher taxes.
We also have 3 magazzini and a cantina, but need to check if these are counted as well or is it A2 that matters.
I will make a trip to the comune and let you all know what they said.
That makes more sense then. Yes, you are probably paying 'seconda casa' rates on the basement. We do in Turin which is why we pay so much. OH managed to convince them to give us a slight discount based on the fact that no one lived there for over 6mnths a yr. They have a perfide system in Turin. Part is according to size and part is based on the number of occupiers. Non-residents have to pay for a min of 3 adults. That basement is likely to cost you a lot in IMU too!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:28 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
HadEnough - its the other way round. Residents pay more for rubbish than non residents on the basis that they live there all year round, and non residents not. Here there is 30% discount for non residents.
It's not true of all places though Modicasa. We have to pay more in Turin.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

I am incredulous how any commune could charge more for rubbish for a holiday home than a resident - and I suspect that it could be contested. But I stand corrected.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

I am starting to think that the fact the semmiinterrato of the house has been classified by the catasto as a 'casa seconda' might have to have something to do with this. This was done by the previous owner to avoid paying higher taxes.
We also have 3 magazzini and a cantina, but need to check if these are counted as well or is it A2 that matters.
I will make a trip to the comune and let you all know what they said.
Blimey! So it *is* Buckingham Palace ... probably explains it.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I am incredulous how any commune could charge more for rubbish for a holiday home than a resident - and I suspect that it could be contested. But I stand corrected.
The refuse tax is not based on the ammount of rubbish you produce but on the square metres of your home . In theory if you can afford a seond home you can afford to contibute more ... For gas/water/electricity you pay what you consume but the tariffs are higher if its a second home .
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, just spoke to my next-door neighbour and asked him about his expences.
He schocked me by saying that his TARSU bill is 1.600 euro, double mine.
Their house is on 2 floors and him and his wife live on the ground floor, while his son's family with 2 young kids are on the floor above. I do not think they have a 'casa seconda' like us.
Furthermore, he said when we were paying ICI, his bill was 2,400 euro! Ours even with the casa seconda was around 1.200.
There is something fishy going on in the comune....
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Well, just spoke to my next-door neighbour and asked him about his expences.
He schocked me by saying that his TARSU bill is 1.600 euro, double mine.
Their house is on 2 floors and him and his wife live on the ground floor, while his son's family with 2 young kids are on the floor above. I do not think they have a 'casa seconda' like us.
Furthermore, he said when we were paying ICI, his bill was 2,400 euro! Ours even with the casa seconda was around 1.200.
There is something fishy going on in the comune....
So, we know about the size of the house, but what in heavens do you and your neighbour do?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:29 am
Concierge

I wasn't correcting you. Just pointing out that not all communes apply the same method of calculation.

It's worse in AltoAdige. Friends with a 2nd home there don't qualify for the door to door because they aren't residents, so they have to traipse down/up a hill with their rubbish and they have to pay more for the bags. They can't use carrier bags.

Turin (outskirts) door-to-door is a total disaster. Mainly because most of the buildings are directly on the road so there are lines and lines of bins everywhere at collection time. They are now going back to the old big bin method with the exception of food waste. What a waste of money!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
So, we know about the size of the house, but what in heavens do you and your neighbour do?
Go in the red every month?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Go in the red every month?
Touché!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

door to door? differenziata? collection? what is this strange advanced world you live in? Here its 'chuck it in the cassonetta if you can find one' but it explains why I pay 90 euros a year....
Old Apr 19th 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Modicasa, do not forget balcony to balcony rubbish collection in Sicily.
Last week I saw in a small town near Trapani people hanging their rubbish bags on strings from their balconies in the evening. A bit of a disadvantage if you are drunk in the dark....well, we ducked down.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

True Isakat - I used to do the same thing in Naples - its very sensible though, keeps the rats from reaching the rubbish - apart from the Houdinis of the rat world.