Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Rubbish tax-TARSU

Rubbish tax-TARSU

Old Apr 18th 2012, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rubbish tax-TARSU

Yesterday I received a letter from the comune with the bolette for this year's rubbish tax.
The amount is the same as last year, nearly 900 euro, but I was expecting the new IMU with the rubbish tax included.
Maybe for this year they are not ready to implement the combined tariff?
Anyone else got the same?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:06 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rubbish tax-TARSU

Originally Posted by Isakat
Yesterday I received a letter from the comune with the bolette for this year's rubbish tax.
The amount is the same as last year, nearly 900 euro, but I was expecting the new IMU with the rubbish tax included.
Isn't that an awful lot?
I haven't had the rubbish bills yet but I think OH and I get a bill each for around 90 euro.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I tell a lie.

Found last bill for "somma dovuta per tassa smaltimento rifiuti e tributo provinciale - importo 90.86.

And it's in my name only. It does say that the superficie fatturata is 73 MQ but I don't know how that was calculated as we have more than that. Perhaps they don't count the cantina and other rooms. I don't know.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

TARSU cannot be included in the new IMU because you cannot mix tasse and impost - you would think they might have tumbled to that one before they made the law - but heigh ho.
It is calculated on square met rage - but on habitable square metrage, so cantina, garages etc aren't included afaik
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

We get a bi-monthly bill like the gas bill (it's the same people) and I think ours is around 50-60 euros each time (note to self: check that!).

€ 900 / year seems a heck of a lot to me ..

It's based on your m2.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

To be precise, 888 euro exactly, divided in 4 payments of 220 euro.
And I just paid another water bill of 295.86 for the first 3 months. I dread to think what the bill will be in summer with the garden annafiamento.
The joy of living in Italy.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:53 am

To be precise, 888 euro exactly, divided in 4 payments of 220 euro.
And I just paid another water bill of 295.86 for the first 3 months. I dread to think what the bill will be in summer with the garden annafiamento.
The joy of living in Italy.
Your bills are very high Isakat. Do you live in a place the size of Buckingham Palace? Or the most expensive Comune in Italy?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:05 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That's a lot. We pay €250 for 130ish meters in Verona and €230 for 90ish meters in Turin. Both comunes include cantina/garage/attic in their calculations. Seems everyone does there own thing. And as Modicasa said, you can't mix taxes and tributes, so no combined bill.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Your bills are very high Isakat. Do you live in a place the size of Buckingham Palace? Or the most expensive Comune in Italy?
No, it is not Buckingham Palace nor the White House-they probably pay less.
I just live in a comune that is most likely bankrupt, like the rest of the country and they need to squeeze money out the residents.
Maybe I should pay them a visit and ask them to elaborate on how they calculate my rubbish tax?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:28 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I just live in a comune that is most likely bankrupt, like the rest of the country and they need to squeeze money out the residents.
Maybe I should pay them a visit and ask them to elaborate on how they calculate my rubbish tax?
I would! Does seem a lot. What do the neighbours pay?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:29 pm

Go and tell them that you have friends in each 'regione' of Italy and none of them pay half what you do so you'd like some explanations anad calculations please.
Do let us know how you get on
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

It seems a heck of a lot - Isakat - and if you live in the country and have to drive to your nearest 'cassonetta' you should get a discount. If you are resident in the property your TARSU will be more than if you are nonresident, but 888 seems ludicrously high.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa
It seems a heck of a lot - Isakat - and if you live in the country and have to drive to your nearest 'cassonetta' you should get a discount. If you are resident in the property your TARSU will be more than if you are nonresident, but 888 seems ludicrously high.
I live in a private road, 5 min drive from the town centre. The rubbish collection is 'differenziata', ie they come twice a week for plastic, umido and cardboard and 4 times for general rubbish, plus they take 5 bags of garden green waste if you make an appointment.
I am starting to think that the fact the semmiinterrato of the house has been classified by the catasto as a 'casa seconda' might have to have something to do with this. This was done by the previous owner to avoid paying higher taxes.
We also have 3 magazzini and a cantina, but need to check if these are counted as well or is it A2 that matters.
I will make a trip to the comune and let you all know what they said.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a private road, 5 min drive from the town centre. The rubbish collection is 'differenziata', ie they come twice a week for plastic, umido and cardboard and 4 times for general rubbish, plus they take 5 bags of garden green waste if you make an appointment.
I am starting to think that the fact the semmiinterrato of the house has been classified by the catasto as a 'casa seconda' might have to have something to do with this. This was done by the previous owner to avoid paying higher taxes.
We also have 3 magazzini and a cantina, but need to check if these are counted as well or is it A2 that matters.
I will make a trip to the comune and let you all know what they said.
We also have ' differenziata ' but don't pay anything like what you do . You should investigate thgis to ensure that you are not being charged ' second home' rates which are much much higher than the ' resident rates ' .
Old Apr 19th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

HadEnough - its the other way round. Residents pay more for rubbish than non residents on the basis that they live there all year round, and non residents not. Here there is 30% discount for non residents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.