Reload this Page >

Renzi and the Planks

Renzi and the Planks

Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

ciquta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renzi and the Planks

Originally Posted by ononno
I'm afraid you are not quite up to date with what goes on in the rest of your country, viewing things from your well paid job in the prosperous North. My wife and I live in a small, relatively prosperous, southern village.
If you get minima means you didn't pay all the taxes due, i don't need to know how and why but you didn't.
Instead I am paying a huge amount of taxes and i won't probably get more than you, for sure not at your age, so you really can't blame me for anything.

I love southern italy and their people, but -as you well know- you have a lot to blame yourself for your situation, not italy not europe.

In what country of the world you would get more than that with 30 years of contributions at 35quids a week? Maybe in cuba, not in UK for sure.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by highlander1
You seem to blame Italy's state deficit to government inefficiency, a sort of genetic laziness of the populace and lots of other useless (but useful to you) stereotypes.

So, enlighten us, who is to blame ?

I though in this thread we were talking about Renzi ?
Why do you have to blame somebody all the time? It's typical DM attitude, you are not cut out to be an expat.

All state economies at one point go belly up. All modern state economies are based on unlimited debt expansion and are meant to fail.

The biggest technically insolvent state in the world is the USA, however nobody blames the lazy-ass Americans, do they?

Renzi is just a puppet but he's been there for 4 months, how can you blame him for 70 years of bad government?
Old Jul 13th 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ciquta
If you get minima means you didn't pay all the taxes due, i don't need to know how and why but you didn't.
Instead I am paying a huge amount of taxes and i won't probably get more than you, for sure not at your age, so you really can't blame me for anything.

I love southern italy and their people, but -as you well know- you have a lot to blame yourself for your situation, not italy not europe.

In what country of the world you would get more than that with 30 years of contributions at 35quids a week? Maybe in cuba, not in UK for sure.
If I were a terron, which I'm not, I would be deeply offended by your remarks. Since I'm a thick skinned Brit. I'll just say that I have probably paid more tax in my lifetime than you could hope to earn in yours. No hard feelings :-) It's just my nature not to suffer fools gladly.
bye bye dicette l'inglese.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gioppino
Why do you have to blame somebody all the time? It's typical DM attitude, you are not cut out to be an expat.

All state economies at one point go belly up. All modern state economies are based on unlimited debt expansion and are meant to fail.

The biggest technically insolvent state in the world is the USA, however nobody blames the lazy-ass Americans, do they?

Renzi is just a puppet but he's been there for 4 months, how can you blame him for 70 years of bad government?
please read the message again, it was referring to something that gioppino wrote !
What the heck it has to do with DM or being an expats ?
Or do you reckon that the moment you become an expat, you have to take leave of your senses and never dare criticizing the place you now live ?
Get real, wake and smell the coffee.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Renzi is just a puppet but he's been there for 4 months, how can you blame him for 70 years of bad government?[/QUOTE]

If you read my previous posts you will see that I have being BLAMING very much the past 70 years of hopeless goverments.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by highlander1
If you read my previous posts you will see that I have being BLAMING very much the past 70 years of hopeless goverments.
Yes I know you're a grumpy fart with your finger always pointed to somebody to blame.

Last edited by gioppino; Jul 13th 2014 at 2:51 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ononno
If I were a terron, which I'm not, I would be deeply offended by your remarks. Since I'm a thick skinned Brit. I'll just say that I have probably paid more tax in my lifetime than you could hope to earn in yours. No hard feelings :-) It's just my nature not to suffer fools gladly.
bye bye dicette l'inglese.
I am actually a 'terrone' (a term I hate and that doesn't apply to me because I am not a land worker, terrone= terra = land) and I am deeply offended by ciquta's remarks.

I would advice ciquta not to move abroad because he would be one of those self loathing Italians who do more harm than good.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

To me its a basic theory thing. The Italians do bloods, the UK not. Italians do their blood pressure at the drop of a hat, the Brits not. Italians doctors prescribe cortisone as though its smarties, thankfully the UK not. Personally I think the Italians idea of doing bloods is very sound - getting your cholesterol bloods costs 14 euros, the same as you would pay doing a test in a UK supermarket and the results are more reliable. It makes sense - if you feelunwell checking your blood will probably give you a head start on a diagnosis, whereas in the Uk the GP's tell you to go home and see if it gets better in a week or so...
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

I am actually a 'terrone' (a term I hate and that doesn't apply to me because I am not a land worker, terrone= terra = land) and I am deeply offended by ciquta's remarks.
Gioppino,what remark did "deeply" offend you?!?

I am abosolutely in love with southern italy and its people, I have been more than a hundred times I can tell you sometimes I'm feeling more at home when I'm there.

I apologize if something offended you, trust me it wans't my purpose.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Ciquta - you classed all southern italians as being responsible for the problems they have. Thats what people find offensive.
I have loads of northen Italian clients who come here because they love it and feel at home here, and then spend their entire time telling everyone why southern Italy is such a mess, and why the people are lazy and why business doesnt work. You cant have it both ways.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I know you're a grumpy fart with your finger always pointed to somebody to blame.
Your post is really nice, an education for us all.

Thank God humanity has such shiny examples like yourself, our life would be very diminished if you were not here,Thank again gioppino
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

fleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant future

You sound like the perfect DM poster boy. You seem to blame Italy's state deficit to government inefficiency, a sort of genetic laziness of the populace and lots of other useless (but useful to you) stereotypes.

Well I tell you, this is total tripe!

If you add public sector to public sector debt, the UK is around 4 times more indebted than Italy. Families in Italy don't pay with credit cards, so the can't get too much in debt. Despite inefficiency and corruption the health system can offer a decent service, you can speak to your GP for way longer than the stingy 10 minutes back in Blighty and most of the time you have the felling that you are actually speaking to a human being.

If the interest rates in UK increase by only 2% the whole system in UK goes tits up. And how much gold has the Bank of England left?

It's ok to rant but get your fact right!
Cameron is good at PR, the UK public finances are shot. The welfare system is broke, hence all these new parties like ukip coming up. Something like that in 1997 would have been unthinkable.
Lets see what happen when the 20 plus billion Trident needs refinancing....I think that a country that feels superior to these south European peasants should not spend 20+ billion on nuclear weapons which would be absolutely useless and are no deterrent whatsoever...

The NHS is good....for the doctors that work in it...ie. 100k a year plus hence the many mercenaries that flock to work in it from all corners of the world (including some of our brightest who got Uni education for almost free in Italy and then go and work for the NHS, yet they haven't paid then usual 20k private school +9k tuition fees...). Social mobility in the UK = lol. The class divide in the UK is entrenched in society.

Self loathing Italian immigrants in the UK, I know many of these. The worst species ever, they spit in the plate which has given them a social class free education, and sometimes they end up doing worst jobs in the UK than had they stayed in Italy...

Last edited by fleetwoodmac1975; Jul 13th 2014 at 5:54 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

fleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by modicasa
Ciquta - you classed all southern italians as being responsible for the problems they have. Thats what people find offensive.
I have loads of northen Italian clients who come here because they love it and feel at home here, and then spend their entire time telling everyone why southern Italy is such a mess, and why the people are lazy and why business doesnt work. You cant have it both ways.
He has apologized no need to exaggerate over his comments.
A lot of people should apologize on here for the crap they have been talking about Italy for the past few months...
Old Jul 13th 2014, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

A lot of people should apologize on here for the crap they have been talking about Italy for the past few months...[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!
Old Jul 13th 2014, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by modicasa
I didnt' mean to be offensive, I just think the people living there is at least co-responbile, just like us in the north have a big responsability over our problems.
We dont' have a royal family, we voted all those politicians.

Learn from the mistakes would be a huge step forward

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.