Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Registration with Anagrafe office if not sure about staying

Registration with Anagrafe office if not sure about staying

Old Jul 31st 2014, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future
Default Re: Registration with Anagrafe office if not sure about staying

Originally Posted by 37100
And, as we've said umpteen times since the law changed several years ago, there lies the problem - getting the commune to accept your registration without proof of healthcare cover of some kind.
That's because the employees at the Comune are told to make foreigners' life difficult. Even I, who am Italian and born in Italy, if I wanted to come back to Italy, would have a difficult live to be registered again.

The information I have I've got it from Comuni.it.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:30 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gioppino
That's because the employees at the Comune are told to make foreigners' life difficult. Even I, who am Italian and born in Italy, if I wanted to come back to Italy, would have a difficult live to be registered again.

Sorry, but that does not make it correct. It is, as Lorna pointed out, outdated by a number of years or refers to long time residents. The first couple of years after the law change, people managed to slip through, but it has been a long time and I'm talking years, since anyone on here has managed to register without healthcare. The rules for EU non Italian citizens are, unless you or you married partner -not same sex- have a job/business in Italy, or are married to an Italian, for the first 5yrs, you must pay for healthcare. Until you provide proof -in Italian- the commune cannot and will not register you. Without the registatration, the Ussl will not sign you on.

You would not have difficulty in registering. Why should you? What makes you think you would? Things have change and once you apply you are registered. You no longer have to wait for confirmation.
Old Jul 31st 2014, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Ruby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond reputeRuby2 has a reputation beyond repute

The rules for EU non Italian citizens are, unless you or you married partner -not same sex- have a job/business in Italy, or are married to an Italian, for the first 5yrs, you must pay for healthcare.
Not forgetting UK citizens in receipt of UK state pension (and their dependents) who are entitled to health care in Italy on production of the S1 form. I don't know about pensioners from other EU countries but would guess the same principle of transferable health entitlement applies.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:24 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

What rubbish. You're Italian. Who is going to make your life difficult? Did you even cancel your residency when you left the country and your Dr? Even if you did, it would take all of 5 minutes to register at mammina's address again.

When we (the English people here) talk about needing private health insurance to get residency, we do actually also mention that it is for people who will not be emplyed by Italian companies etc. We do know that if you are employed and therefore paying Italian taxes and INPS you are covered for health care. A lot of the people asking questions though are semi-retired or retired or have no intention of working here or other circumstances and that's why we tell them they will need private insurance......because they will.

I can read hundreds of Italian websites too and I can tell you that many haven't been updated for years and not just the comune ones. No offence but Italians are still years away from making good and efficient use of internet and getting the correct and current information out there to the general public. Even schools that actually teach "informatica" have some of the oldest and user unfriendly websites .....but I don't want to get too far off topic.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
What rubbish. You're Italian. Who is going to make your life difficult? Did you even cancel your residency when you left the country and your Dr? Even if you did, it would take all of 5 minutes to register at mammina's address again.
What an incredibly stupid remark coming from a moderator!

My parents died 35 years ago and I have no relatives. Of course I cancelled my residency, I've been registered with the AIRE for more than 15 years and if I should come back to Italy I'd be subject to the same treatment as an another EU citizen.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 8:56 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

My parents died 35 years ago and I have no relatives. Of course I cancelled my residency, I've been registered with the AIRE for more than 15 years and if I should come back to Italy I'd be subject to the same treatment as an another EU citizen.
Not quite. Italians don't need proof of healthcare. And, at least for where I life, you wouldn't need to book an appointment.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Not quite. Italians don't need proof of healthcare. And, at least for where I life, you wouldn't need to book an appointment.
Again and again, if a Comune refuses to register an EU citizen at the Anagrafe because he/she is not covered by a health insurance, they are breaking the law.

Read this:
http://www.serviziocentrale.it/file/...%20Romagna.pdf

L'iscrizione anagrafica e lo status di residenza che ne consegue è, come vedremo in seguito, sia un diritto che un dovere per ogni persona (cittadino ita
liano, comunitario o non comunitario) presente sul territorio. Essa comporta
inoltre il godimento effettivo di altri diritti che la Costituzione italiana elenca
tra i diritti fondamentali. La residenza rappresenta quindi uno status giuridico
per alcuni aspetti significativo quanto l'altro grande status di diritto pubblico:
lo status civitat, la cittadinanza.
Negli ultimi anni si sono moltiplicati i tentativi di restringere l'accesso a questo status per i cittadini non comunitari e, in alcuni casi, anche comunitari.
Alcune amministrazioni locali hanno tentato, tramite prassi, regolamenti e ordinanze sindacali, di limitare l'iscrizione anagrafica di nuovi residenti, per impedirne l'accesso ai servizi sociali, sanitari e assistenziali. In tutti i casi, tali tentativi si sono rivelati infondati dal punto di vista normativo ed hanno portato a sentenze di condanna da parte dei tribunali sia ordinari che amministrativi
If you don't believe me, go to the comuni.it forum and ask there.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 11:01 am
Concierge

Again and again, if a Comune refuses to register an EU citizen at the Anagrafe because he/she is not covered by a health insurance, they are breaking the law.

Read this:
http://www.serviziocentrale.it/file/...%20Romagna.pdf

If you don't believe me, go to the comuni.it forum and ask there.
May I respectfully suggest that you ask the question?

I took the time to read your link, which you obviously hadn't or you would have noticed this:

'documentazione idonea a dimostrare la sussistenza delle condizioni previste
dall’art. 7 D.lgs. n. 30 del 2007 per il soggiorno oltre i 3 mesi (attività lavorativa, risorse economiche sufficienti, ecc..):'

Which for the record says this:

'dispone per se' stesso e per i propri familiari di risorse economiche sufficienti, per non diventare un onere a carico dell'assistenza sociale dello Stato durante il periodo di soggiorno, e di un'assicurazione sanitaria o di altro titolo idoneo comunque denominato che copra tutti i rischi nel territorio nazionale;'

Had you bothered to read your link you would have seen this:

'La copertura sanitaria
La copertura sanitaria, o assicurazione sanitaria o altro titolo idoneo - come
sottolinea la norma - che copra tutti i rischi relativi all’assistenza sanitaria nel
territorio nazionale, è insita ovviamente nello svolgimento di una regolare attività lavorativa (chi svolge attività lavorativa regolare, per definizione e per
legge, è iscritto obbligatoriamente al Servizio Sanitario Nazionale). Per le altre
categorie, sempre con la già citata Circolare n. 18 del 2009, il Ministero dell’Interno ha chiarito come sia accettabile una qualunque copertura assicurativa, privata o pubblica, contratta nello Stato membro ospitante o altrove, in grado di offrire una copertura completa che eviti eventuali oneri per le finanze pubbliche dello Stato membro ospitante. Inoltre, nel tutelare le proprie finanze pubbliche e valutare al contempo se la copertura assicurativa sia completa, lo Stato membro deve agire in conformità dei limiti imposti dal diritto comunitario e del principio di proporzionalità27.'

So......just to clear things up, a Brit not working or not married to an Italian must provide there own healthcare be it through private insurance or for UK pensioners, as Ruby rightly pointed out, through the UK.

Please refrain from wrongly insisting about subjects you have no experience or knowledge -other than Google - of.

Last edited by 37100; Aug 1st 2014 at 11:22 am.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Circolare Ministero Interno Dipartimento Affari Territoriali Direzione centrale per i servizi demografici n. 18 dd. 21/07/ 2009
http://www.asgi.it/wp-content/upload....2009.n.18.pdf

Go to paragraph 3:
The EHIC card (in principle a tourist card for no longer than 3 months, the above link calls it TEAM card) can have its validity extended in Italy beyond the 3 months and up to 1 year and can be renewed every year.

The trick is that the in this case you have to be registered not to the ordinary anagrafe but to the "schedario della popolazione temporanea". Whether the comune implements this "schedario" is debatable but that's the law.

Here you go, so you have an official document and that's my interpretation.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

May I respectfully suggest that you ask the question?.
Done:
Comuni d'Italia :: Leggi argomento - Cittadino UE disocupato o pensionato e anagrafe

I hope somebody will pick it up.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 12:04 pm
Concierge

Circolare Ministero Interno Dipartimento Affari Territoriali Direzione centrale per i servizi demografici n. 18 dd. 21/07/ 2009
http://www.asgi.it/wp-content/upload....2009.n.18.pdf

Go to paragraph 3:
The EHIC card (in principle a tourist card for no longer than 3 months, the above link calls it TEAM card) can have its validity extended in Italy beyond the 3 months and up to 1 year and can be renewed every year.

The trick is that the in this case you have to be registered not to the ordinary anagrafe but to the "schedario della popolazione temporanea". Whether the comune implements this "schedario" is debatable but that's the law.

Here you go, so you have an official document and that's my interpretation.
I give up.

The EHIC card isn't accepted as proof healthcare for residency purposes. And with the exception of pensioners and students(?), if you leave the UK for more than 3 months you normally lose your entitlement to NHS/UK paid care.

Last edited by 37100; Aug 1st 2014 at 12:27 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

LCFC1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least this is now clear.........
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:00 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I still state - rubbish! With or without relatives you are an Italian and as such I presume you can prove it. You might not have mammina anymore and you might have to register as a newly arrived resident in any comune ...... but you are Italian and cannot be refused an ID card, residency, health care, a doctor or much else.

As for me being a moderator. That just means that I give up my time for free, to help this forum and to keep it from scummy spam posts and unwanted advertising for scammy products and also unwanted spammy or unwelcome or argumentative posters. It does not and never did mean that I am an expert on all things Italian. I also post sometimes in Australia, Canada, Dubai, Spain and plenty of other forums. I post as Lorna, a normal, every day, average person with a personal opinion. I do not have moderating powers in all forums.

Call me stupid? Go ahead. You don't want to know what I really think of you and I have a lot to say about egos and Italians and bigheads and dickheads and lots and lots of other things, not least about those that don't even live here anymore. Want to call me anything else? Yes, I do live here, yes I do like most of it - not all of it. I am living today's Italy. I don't think you are.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:10 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by LCFC1986
At least this is now clear.........
Gioppino is, well, clutching at staws. CBA to read his latest download, but the little I know about the register he is on about is that it's for temp. residence e.g. for students. It is a simple register which doesn't give you any rights including healthcare. When you ask for official residency you have to produce you paperwork (as explained in the Vicenza link) and again when you sign on to healthcare. An EHIC card isn't enough.

Enough said on this subject. If you need help, please feel free to pm me.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 7:30 pm

please feel free to pm me.
Or me - we do live here and have lived here for at least the last 20 years. We know all about the changes and the reality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.