Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Registration with Anagrafe office if not sure about staying

Registration with Anagrafe office if not sure about staying

Old Aug 1st 2014, 8:12 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registration with Anagrafe office if not sure about staying

Originally Posted by gioppino
Again and again, if a Comune refuses to register an EU citizen at the Anagrafe because he/she is not covered by a health insurance, they are breaking the law.

Read this:
http://www.serviziocentrale.it/file/...%20Romagna.pdf

If you don't believe me, go to the comuni.it forum and ask there.
Old websites - not updated - one of your links is from 2009. Come on! You don't believe everything you read on Internet, especially not Italian websites. Most of them are old and not updated. Take what you read in Italian with a pinch of salt. P.S. I don't believe you. I know better. You've been abroad too long. You've forgotten how old and how behind and how backwards Italy is sometimes.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

fleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant future

The annoying thing about this forum Lorna is that you all talk of Italy as if it is a gigantic shithole, a third world country on the verge of bankruptcy populated by racists.
You never seem to have a good word about it, even your latest comments is. Italians being backward I think it is very unfair. For me a backward society is where for example female genital mutilation is allowed and carried out by NHS doctors and we know where that is...not Italy...but with out going off topic I'll provide some advice regarding healthcare and registration.

The ec health card does not allow EU citizens to claim other than emergency healthcare.
In terms of private healthcover this depends on what the commune clerk thinks is correct. I know people who have registered without private healthcare ins, others who have had to buy private health care policies to register and others who have been able to register by buying into the Italian NHS, this option is also available.

P.s. for sunnysider, before you comment on my comments re fgm I would advise you to check the major British news websites regarding this topic.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 3:02 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fleetwoodmac1975
The annoying thing about this forum Lorna is that you all talk of Italy as if it is a gigantic shithole, a third world country on the verge of bankruptcy populated by racists.
You never seem to have a good word about it, even your latest comments is. Italians being backward I think it is very unfair. For me a backward society is where for example female genital mutilation is allowed and carried out by NHS doctors and we know where that is...not Italy...but with out going off topic I'll provide some advice regarding healthcare and registration.

The ec health card does not allow EU citizens to claim other than emergency healthcare.
In terms of private healthcover this depends on what the commune clerk thinks is correct. I know people who have registered without private healthcare ins, others who have had to buy private health care policies to register and others who have been able to register by buying into the Italian NHS, this option is also available.

P.s. for sunnysider, before you comment on my comments re fgm I would advise you to check the major British news websites regarding this topic.
My last comment on Italy was actually a few hours ago today about how brilliant the A&E service was when my son needed stitches in his leg - see Happy Hour.
Mostly I bitch about the schools here and I will admit to that. We're British here and it's quite natural I think to make comparisons about the differences we find and things that can and do work differently in other places or countries, be those good differences or bad ones. We're not on holiday. We live, work and play here and a bad day in Italy is just as shitty as a bad day in the UK. Grind and routine happen no matter where you live. And yes some things about Italy are backwards compared to the UK and that can make a bad day even shittier. We've had plenty of threads about all the things we like about Italy and lots and lots of good laughs together. Things only get shirty when people give out the wrong information to members and correct people that do know what they're talking about.

Buying into the health system is not an option for everybody. Only certain regions allow it. Plenty of others just don't.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 10:50 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Most comunes now know the rules and it is hard to slip through without insurance. Buying it isn't an option in most regions, but should have been mentioned. AFAIK Only Sicily and possibly Rome (Lazio) allow it.

I don't think Italy is a shit hole. Wouldn't be here if it was. Usually I only moan about the post office.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by 37100

I don't think Italy is a shit hole. Wouldn't be here if it was. Usually I only moan about the post office.
My major moan is the schools - as you well know. My Post Office isn't too bad as long as you remember when it is actually open and not closed and never go on pension day.

A&E were fantastic with Alex on Saturday - much better than they were with me last year. Vodafone is driving me mad at the moment with calls and messages at all times despite me asking them - ordering them - to take me off their calling list.

Adverts tell me that X Factor is starting again in September but if the people used for the ads are the actual competitors, they're all shite so I won't be watching a minute of it. Am looking for something good to say today ......................... cheap Prosecco and nobody gives a shit if you have a drink at 12.00 .... well the bar owners don't. I have been looked at cross eyed or squinty eyed a few times. "Foreign mum has a lunch time tipple and forgets to order school books on time or forgets the kids themselves who have to walk 10Km home in cheap shoes that are not Nike. Spends all her time on the I-players catching up on UK soaps when she could be watching the cardboard version of an Italian one called 'Cento Vetrine' or even better 'Uomini e Donne'. What about 'Forum?' Nothing like a great and convoluted legal battle between neighbours or relatives".

Something good to say about today? It still isn't raining and all my washing is out and getting dry. That just means that I have to bring it all in later and fold and put away. I have given up on ironing. I hated the all black grembiule that my kids had to wear at primary school (very Charles Dickens orphanage style) but it did at least hide a multitude of un-ironed tops and shirts.

Think I better have a siesta and lay off the Prosecco.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

fleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant futurefleetwoodmac1975 has a brilliant future

Never mind prosecco, if I see simon cowell on my TV screen again I'll need crack cocaine....
Would not mind seeing Cheryl Cole again though..?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:33 am

Never mind prosecco, if I see simon cowell on my TV screen again I'll need crack cocaine....
Would not mind seeing Cheryl Cole again though..?