Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old May 29th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

lisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant futurelisajhb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

Originally Posted by phil1968
photos would be good if you could e mail them to me. Now we are just waiting for a notary date to complete.Just a quick point though, i have in the past bought new properties in the uk where the roads/gardens etc have not been finished so as long as the access to the property is ok i am sure it will get sorted soon
Sorry for butting in but i just wanted to give you some advice. Do not take it for granted that the constructor will finish what he has said he would. DO NOT GIVE THEM ALL THE MONEY until they have finished. Unfortunately they regularly dont finish houses and not paying up the full amount is your ONLY hope of pushing them into comleting the work. We have lived in our flat for more than 5 years and the outside gardens and access have never been finished. The trouble is that all the other residents of the condominium payed up and so he just never bothered to come back. Believe me, it happens a lot.
Old May 29th 2008, 7:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TYKE2
Marriana

If you see a post, the name of the person who wrote it appears to the top left of the post. If you "right click" on this name with your mouse pointer a menu appears as the list below:-

View Public Profile
Send a private message to Marianna
Send email to Marianna
Find More Posts by Marianna
Add Marianna to Your Buddy List

Click on "Send a private message to" and this opens a page to let you type in a message to someone .

I hope this helps a bit.

Tyke
Thanks Tyke.

Marriana have a look HERE in FAQ`s for help about the site.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Marianna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks Tyke.

Marriana have a look HERE in FAQ`s for help about the site.
Hi, I am a part of a few forums and Inormally start writing my reply after the word, "quote." Then I click on the link for insert email link. Which part is wrong. Am I not to type after the word, "quote?" Or, am I not to click on the email link? I am sorry I am not following. I think you are stating to not use this method and just click on the name (it is a left click for me, right click is not doing it) and send a pm.
Thank you.
MaryAnn
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marianna
Hi, I am a part of a few forums and Inormally start writing my reply after the word, "quote." Then I click on the link for insert email link. Which part is wrong. Am I not to type after the word, "quote?" Or, am I not to click on the email link? I am sorry I am not following. I think you are stating to not use this method and just click on the name (it is a left click for me, right click is not doing it) and send a pm.
Thank you.
MaryAnn
You do not need to put your email address on the post, spammers use software to view sites and collect email address`s that they then sell to spammers.
For this reason we have put a dropdown menu if you click the persons username, then you can email or private message the person.

Really it is best to put the information on the actual post, then if someone has the same problem in the future they can just do a search of the site and come across the threads on the same subject and maybe not need to ask the same questions. That really is the purpose of sites, to share information to people moving to different countries.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
You do not need to put your email address on the post, spammers use software to view sites and collect email address`s that they then sell to spammers.
For this reason we have put a dropdown menu if you click the persons username, then you can email or private message the person.

Really it is best to put the information on the actual post, then if someone has the same problem in the future they can just do a search of the site and come across the threads on the same subject and maybe not need to ask the same questions. That really is the purpose of sites, to share information to people moving to different countries.

Thank you for the reply. I will not use the email link at the top of the white area where we write. I will click on the person's name. (Why is that email link thing there, to insert your email?) I agree that it is good to use the actual post in order to share, for if everyone just started pming, we would have little to share.
Thanks.
MaryAnn
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:02 am
Just Joined

phil1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
Just to let everyone know that we completed on the 12th June at our property At Isca Marina. After a nightmare situation with the lawyers which thankfully got sorted in the end (another long story). But we are very happy with the property and the place itself. <Snip, advertising goes in classifieds forum only, thank>

Last edited by jdr; Jun 30th 2008 at 12:21 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alimcg15
Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Regards

Ali
Hello, Ali and all concerned with Calabria,
Well, on July 11 my husband and I leave for Calabria. We are from the U.S., and we are scouting for the right town to live in for good, not a holiday home, but to live permanently in Italy. I am of Italian heritage, can speak some Italian, and would love to hear your thoughts on pros and cons to living there permanently. For example, my husband wonders abuot droughts and availability of water. He wonders about earthquakes; me, I will just take my chances! lol
Do any of you folks know of people who do live there permanently. We will be there from July 11 to the 27th. I would love to meet up with some people who might be there at that time. We will first be going down the west coast and then up the east coast. I am so excited, for I know the area is beautiful.
I know what I like-a quaint, picturesque village, homes with orange terracotta roofs in fairly good condition, and of course the sea.
Would love to hear from anyone. Best of luck to you all in this wonderful adventure.

MaryAnn and Gordon
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Austin1
I am not long back and purchased in Brancaleone which is a stunning beachfront holiday destination on the South West coast. The development has everything from an 18 hole golf course, shopping centre, beach club, tennis, crazy golf...... everything you can think of. It is around 40 mins drive from the closest airport in Reggio de Calabria where the low cost flights will be flying into. Reggio is next to Sicily and you can get boat trips over in about 20 mins. Please PM me or e-mail
if you want to know any more about it. CanĀ“t wait to go again, it is a fantastic place.
Hello, Austin,
My husband and I are travelling July 1 ot Calabria for 16 days to search for a town that we wish to live in for good. We plan on moving to Italy. Do you know of any people who live there permanently? I would love to meet up with people who vacation and also live there.
Thanks.
MaryAnn
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joe16
We visited Bianco in Calabria about 16 months ago looking to find a holiday home,we were shown the site for San Rocco 1 which we thought looked good.The only thing that bothered us was the artists impression of what was next door to the developement,it was nothing like what was there and we lost all confidence in the purchase.Does anybody know how far this project has got ,it was supposed to be finished by Christmas 07.
Hi, lisacb of the Calabria Forum stated that it was opened.
MaryAnn
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I have been impressed so far. Jane is very helpful. There is a load of info on Calabriahomes.com.

If you have any specific questions send me a PM.

Tyke
Hi, Tyke,
It is me, MaryAnn, again. How are you? Will you be visiting Calabria soon?
I leave on July 11. Is your family going soon? It would be great to meet up.

Tyke, do you know of anyone permanently living there?

MaryAnn
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

TYKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point

mary Ann

I was there in May.

I think a few expats live in Isca. LisaCB for one.(on the calabriahomes forum)

Tyke
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

mary Ann

I was there in May.

I think a few expats live in Isca. LisaCB for one.(on the calabriahomes forum)

Tyke
Hi, thank you so much for responding! Yes, lisacb and I may get together on the 20th. She gave me her # and that is great. I can't seem to find others who live there permanently, but thank you. You know, living the daily life is different than a fun vacation. Want to hear the pros and cons.
MaryAnn
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Location: Berkshire UK + apartment in the town of Scalea, in Calabria, Southern Italy
ENGJMAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Properties in Calabria

Hi Marianna,
i`m new to this forum, but these folks have mostly all bought on new developments, we have bought in the town of SCALEA on the northeast
coast of Calabria, check it out online. Some of the property in the Centro Storico is almost a 1,000yrs old, the ruined castle dates from Norman times. There are also new developments as well, so something for everyone, also its on the main rail line from Naples(2hrs) & Rome.(4.5hrs)
I was talking on another forum, to a couple from Oregon, who are doing a restoration in this area of Calabria, they travel on the 11th July, to view there ongoing project, and hope to retire to Italy in two years time.
Over the last four years we have come to love Calabria, the people are very friendly and helpful, our purchase went through very smoothly, although it did take slightly longer than anticipated ( things are just slower in Italy)

best wishes

John
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Location: Berkshire UK + apartment in the town of Scalea, in Calabria, Southern Italy
ENGJMAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Properties in Calabria

Sorry

Scalea is northwest coast, typo!!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonworthy
Hello all. Just discovered this site. I've been on the Calabria homes site for a while. My wife and I, Mel (yes another Jon & Mel!), have just bought in Calabria, on the east coast, Cariati.
Hi there,
My name is MaryAnn and we are leaving from the states this Friday in search of the right town to move permanently to in Calabria. We have never been there, but having visited Italy a few times, well, this region appears breathtaking. We will be there for 16 days, down the west coast, up the east. Who knows, is anyone else going to be thee at that time?
MaryAnn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.