Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

facecreations is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

Its all very worrying as trying to complete on my apaprtment, i contacted Ian about seminar tonight in Manchester and he said he was going to pass my details on to exhibition organiser and i havent heard anything.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice

What exhibition is that??! I wouldn't mind going to that to see what the crack is?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

G&L are holding seminars, i put my name down but havnt heard anything, in fact i think there are only a couple of people left in office, and it has moved from Vibo i think, as Kierran seems to be in Sicilly now...................
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Marianna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Well If I had been thinking of buying there and had read this thread, I would of certainly given it a miss and thought buy elsewhere.
Sorry, JDR, I do not follow. Are you saying to find another place, and if so, why? If you want to pm me, that is fine. Thanks.
MaryAnn
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi Andys2k,
Apparently noone seems to have tickets for the seminars................know what i mean..............

that to see what the crack is?[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 4th 2009, 10:02 am
Just Joined

erin67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can anyone help? I purchased a property at Villagio Angelo in Calabria in Sep 2007 and have paid a 50% deposit. I have had little information for a long time now and have been contacted by Brian Eastwood to tell me that Italian Connection's offices have closed and the lawyers Giambrone & Law are not interested any more. He is advising to work through him and not pay any more money to the lawyers. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact the lawyers for some time now.

Who is Brian Eastwood and is he reputable? What has happened to the property market in Calabria? is it stable/depressed/bouyant? Sorry for all the questions but I am beginning to really panick now.

Any help/advice will be gratefully received.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Gillian1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by facecreations
Its all very worrying as trying to complete on my apaprtment, i contacted Ian about seminar tonight in Manchester and he said he was going to pass my details on to exhibition organiser and i havent heard anything.
Hi Facecreations

I've just been reading this forum and am really worried. I contracted to buy a property in Calibria with Medsea. It's been absolute nightmare. I have paid half the money for the property some time ago but am now unable to contact anyone to find out if work on the property has even started. It was supposed to complete in December 2008! I've now had an e-mail from someone called Brian Eastwood who is saying I should deal with him from now on. I have no idea who is. I wondered whether anyone out there knows anthing at all?

Many thanks Gill
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by erin67
Hi,

Can anyone help? I purchased a property at Villagio Angelo in Calabria in Sep 2007 and have paid a 50% deposit. I have had little information for a long time now and have been contacted by Brian Eastwood to tell me that Italian Connection's offices have closed and the lawyers Giambrone & Law are not interested any more. He is advising to work through him and not pay any more money to the lawyers. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact the lawyers for some time now.

Who is Brian Eastwood and is he reputable? What has happened to the property market in Calabria? is it stable/depressed/bouyant? Sorry for all the questions but I am beginning to really panick now.

Any help/advice will be gratefully received.
Hi Erin67

I've just read your e-mail and am in exactly the same boat. I'm worried absolutely sick. I've been trying to contact G&L and Medsea for months. I've no idea who Brian Eastwood is.

Gill
Old Apr 4th 2009, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gill and Erin,
Youre not alone, there has been lots of trouble with purchasing in Calabria, did you see the article in the mail on Sunday?? there was a centre spread about problems that people are having, and moneys lost or deposits paid and no contruction or planning permission, and solicitors that arent contactable.
The offices have now closed at Italian Connection and Brian Eastwood is helping people to complete, ive met him in Calabria hes a financial advisor, im due to complete on a property, the best person to contact is Antonella at Bella Calabria, shes helpful, or contact Brian Eastwood for further assistance.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:29 am
Just Joined

gsime is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alimcg15
Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Regards

Ali
dont us egiambrone law com to think of dont buy in italy
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:26 am
Just Joined

erin67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by facecreations
Hi Gill and Erin,
Youre not alone, there has been lots of trouble with purchasing in Calabria, did you see the article in the mail on Sunday?? there was a centre spread about problems that people are having, and moneys lost or deposits paid and no contruction or planning permission, and solicitors that arent contactable.
The offices have now closed at Italian Connection and Brian Eastwood is helping people to complete, ive met him in Calabria hes a financial advisor, im due to complete on a property, the best person to contact is Antonella at Bella Calabria, shes helpful, or contact Brian Eastwood for further assistance.
Thanks Facecreations. What was Brian Eastwood like? how can he be receiving the title deeds should they not go to the solicitor? Do you have contact details for Antonella?

Thanks
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Hi ,
Bella Calabrias email is (SNIP) contact is Antonella Borrello.
Im trying to find out about completing through Brian Eastwood, and all the legalities, etc, my property is now complete , so need to proceed with completion process.
I was advised not to send any funds to G&L, and go through Brian or Bella Calabria.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Apr 7th 2009 at 9:25 pm. Reason: Have to check - did you ask the third party if you could publish his email on the forum
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys,we completed last year with gl and ic at isca allegra,please refer to the in calabria forum i think your questions may be answered as ic are still there,we are over there friday for 1 week,we are driving to roccella to deposit some money,so if your developments are on the way we will try to find them and report back please try and give me your locations,cheers brian
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by erin67
Thanks Facecreations. What was Brian Eastwood like? how can he be receiving the title deeds should they not go to the solicitor? Do you have contact details for Antonella?

Thanks
Hi Brian1

Thanks for your words of reassurance it means a lot. I've contacted Medsea again today and still cannot get any information on my property, if indeed I have a property? Did you have problems finding out whether your property was being built too?

Gillian1
Old Apr 8th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

BRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond reputeBRIAN 1 has a reputation beyond repute

hi gillian 1,we were lucky,we viewed our relocated our san rocco 2 plot and was not happy with location of our appartment.ic showed us isca allegra around corner,a 2 bed townhouse almost completed by the same builder,we transfered our deposit and completed 9 months later and have enjoyed 4 holidays since then,cheers brian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.