Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old Feb 27th 2009, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

facecreations is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

Hi gsime and Andys2k,
Would love to know whats been going on with you and your situation with San Rocco II, can you send me a private message plz.
Thanks.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

gsime is an unknown quantity at this point

hi facecreations

my property is in (was in) isca marina. started off, told property would be worth 30% more when completed which was rubbish, told there was a swimming pool on site but its across the road, they recommended we use finance italy (brian eastwood) but they failed to get us a mortgage also to use giambrone law who in my opinion are a waste of time. these are just a few of the problems we have had. it has taken nearly 2 years to get to this point
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsime
hi facecreations

my property is in (was in) isca marina. started off, told property would be worth 30% more when completed which was rubbish, told there was a swimming pool on site but its across the road, they recommended we use finance italy (brian eastwood) but they failed to get us a mortgage also to use giambrone law who in my opinion are a waste of time. these are just a few of the problems we have had. it has taken nearly 2 years to get to this point
Similar things are happening everywhere. Story here.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 7:55 am
Just Joined

I think we should arrange a meeting point to discuss things with people who have had problems or are having problems and form a group, and try to come to some sort of solution, does anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point ??? im based in South Yorkshire.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 8:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by facecreations
I think we should arrange a meeting point to discuss things with people who have had problems or are having problems and form a group, and try to come to some sort of solution, does anyone have any suggestions for a meeting point ??? im based in South Yorkshire.
Set up a website or blog, then you can do it from anywhere by internet.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

pasta girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scraft
Has anyone heard any updates on Vista Montagna or why progress has been slow?
hello, this is pasta girl, I am buying an apartment in Vista Montagna. My last update was that it should be ready in April
Has anyone heard anything different?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

pasta girl is an unknown quantity at this point

hello facecreations, think this is a great idea. we live in the south though and wonder if there is anbody interested in meeting up to discuss property purchase problems particularly with italian connection, Giambrone, and Vista Montagna
ciao for now from pasta girl
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gsime,
Did Finance Italy give you a definate reason why they coudnt source a mortgage???
Ive been trying to arrange a mortgage for a while now since last June, and there have been huge delays, the bank keeps asking for more updatements and not giving me a definate answer , just wondered if other people had similar problems??
Old Mar 1st 2009, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

I only need to borrow a small amount say 35,000 euros, have good credit score, own other assets etc
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice

I haven't purchased in San Rocco, my apartment is further up the west coast in Cosenza.
Looking back though things weren't right from the start, we purchased from Parador properties who went bump not long after & left us without any support, then they opened the Italy owners club but wanted 950 euros for nothing!!

The problems didn't really start though until Giambrone & Law got involved. I've written countless emails and letters of complaint and recently was told that they didn't think they could work for me any longer due to the sour relationship & that I now owed them an additional £2000 for extra work on my case needless to say I was a little unhappy....

I have recently spoken to a guy called Josh @ G&L who seemed to be ok, he called me to apologise and agreed they'd had major problems which they were looking to sort out. That was two weeks ago now & I'm still missing vital pieces of paperwork plus my mortgage offer is £15k less than I need (first time I've ever got a mortgage offer without showing my payslips etc...).

I would welcome anything that sorts this situation out and means we can stop stressing as much.
I have a friend who lives in Florence & I was even thinking of paying him to pull everything together for me as I don't speak italian yet & I'm sure the builder is getting the wrong information too which could cause other problems.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:14 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I have never read on here so many negative comments about one single company so I had a look at their website.

It's quite flash with lots of promises and so called areas of expertise.

Although I admit I have nothing to do with any properties or companies working in Calabria I can tell everybody is highly frustrated.

Can't you all make out a list of the worst complaints - pass it around for signtaures and then send to the complaints department at The Law Society or something ? Or decide that every one of you will complain so that the law society gets quickly inundated with complaints about the same company ?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi Andys2k,
I can understand about your stress levels, it is all very frustrating..........i initially tried to buy in a developemnet called Francavilla which never had planning permission and didnt get off the ground, i had to fight to get my deposit back, luckily it was only the reservation fee, some people had made stage payments.
I then went out to Calabria again and found another property put a deposit down, and was told that i couldnt apply for a mortgage before 3 months completion, so i applied for mortgage about last June time and ever since it has been backwards and forwards with emails, sending documentation, then long gaps of silence, then requests for more documentation, them more long gaps of silence, all i was been told was that the banks had a backlog of applications, i kept emailing and putting pressure on the finance company, this has been going on for 8 months now, and still im not getting any answers, plus the development is completed and i need the funds.
There are a whole new set of problems now as the spec is different to the original plans and the kitchens and air con are going to be paid and installed by Bella Calabria after completion, there is a long delay with this, and have only just started installing kitchens again since before Christmas.
So even when and if i do complete will still have a wait for fitments before i can fully use or let .
When you said you didnt show any payslips for your mortgage which company
did you use??
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

gsime is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gsime,
Did Finance Italy give you a definate reason why they coudnt source a mortgage???
Ive been trying to arrange a mortgage for a while now since last June, and there have been huge delays, the bank keeps asking for more updatements and not giving me a definate answer , just wondered if other people had similar problems??
yes, the reason is that because we released equity in our home to pay the deposit the banks regard this as a loan and will not lend against this even though we extended the term of our mortgage so our payments stayed the same. Finance Italy knew this but didnt say anything.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice

I was offered the option of a mortgage through the builders bank meaning I wouldn't have to pay for valuations or surveys because these had already been done. This "should" be making the process faster and smoother!!

I tried opening a bank account with a mortgage through Barclays but they made everything so complicated, I just knocked them on the head, shame really because I've already opened a Barclays account in the uk so I could transfer funds back and forth.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gsime,
Did the banks give you a definate no staight away or did they keep you waiting???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.