no friends here and bored out of my mind

Old Sep 27th 2009, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Ross224 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: no friends here and bored out of my mind

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
and start talking
This is the main problem right here!

I'm trying very very hard to learn Italian but unfortunately cant manage more than a basic conversation at the moment. which really sucks!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 6:51 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you are sad and alone........So why pick "vasto" if there is nothing to do....

NOTHING to DO!!!! you are living in the Biggest open air museum in the world...get in your car and visit this great country...

Pull yourself together...get a nice Italian Woman or Man and....... well you know

PS...MAKE FRIENDS!!!!...Just start going to the bar in the mornings and start talking, unles vasto is so so small that there is no bars.
What is it with you and duffer?! Don't you ever read previous posts?! He said mum has a house in Vasto....Duh!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
What is it with you and duffer?! Don't you ever read previous posts?! He said mum has a house in Vasto....Duh!

House in Visto? SELL IT!!!

Ross. It takes time, In no time at all you will be part of the community. you all ready are the talk of the town/village i am sure and they are scared of you as you are of them. Well not scared but you know what i mean

TestaRossa:
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Ross224 is an unknown quantity at this point

House in Visto? SELL IT!!!

Ross. It takes time, In no time at all you will be part of the community. you all ready are the talk of the town/village i am sure and they are scared of you as you are of them. Well not scared but you know what i mean

TestaRossa:
lol... its not my house to sell... like i said, my mum owns it but im just living here for now, until ive finished what ive got to do.

Thanks for the advice, I've just got to learn to speak better Italian first
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Bit of a long shot, but I don't suppose there are any English schools there...You could either teach for a couple of hours a week so you get to know other teachers and students who speak/want to speak English (probably too much of an exteme solution) ... Or, maybe find out where the english school is and frequent the bars near there and before long you'll discover a few Inglese to help you integrate.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

AmyJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Italians often like learning english, if you go onto Kijiji.it (it's like Gumtree) and post an ad for language swap in a bar somewhere - that's how I met some of my friends (although there were loads of dodgy men answering, but as a bloke you may be alright!)

I also say Florence, there is a cool Brazilian club (sorry can't remember the name) but it was open all night. Also lots of Irish bars (which my friend owns!) and check out "Kitsch" by far the best apperitivo sometimes they have englishy food, good atmosphere, buy a cocktail (€8) and it's all you can eat - masses of food, not just little bits of hard bread that you seem to get everywhere else.

I live in Rome but the clubs are only in studenty areas which are out of the centre, so I don't bother.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

dean milan is an unknown quantity at this point

why, why, why???????? You are in the wrong place for clubbing my friend, i have been in italy almost 10 years and travel up and down all year long. I can assure you that the clubbing seen here is non existent.... there is however one club which i have found here in milan which is half decent, you will also find all the diverse types of food you can dream of here. if you have never been to milan it will be worth taking a trip, as far as being alone goes i know how you feel, i arrived here years ago and didnt know anyone or any italian, the gus that have told you you just have to talk to people, and it really is true they are a friendly bunch generally but if you need any help with the language and will be more than happy to give you a hand. take iteasy and i hope you havent killed off your music carrer by coming to italy, let us have some info on what sort of thing your into andmaybe can help you a little more!!