Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Moving to Como with kids

Moving to Como with kids

Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:54 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Como with kids

Originally Posted by KatyR
I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a while but I have only just moved to Cernobbio, Como, so I'm trying lots of different things!

I am 30 years old and have moved from London to be with my boyfriend, who is a local. My Italian is basic but I am taking lessons so that I can eventually work. I am a qualified osteopath and nurse with experience in childcare as well so if I can help any mums out with child are or babysitting in the interim then please get in touch.

On a social side, I enjoy running, swimming, cycling, walking, shopping, coffee and shopping and am keen to make some local friends!
Hello Katy and "benvenuta".

I'm too far away from you to go shopping and grab a glass of wine somewhere (I hate coffee and never touch the stuff), but I hope you settle into your new life here quickly.

If you have any questions about Italy or about the forum, just ask. It's very quiet at the moment being August, but it will pick up again in September and we have lots of lively and friendly members.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

MissSP is on a distinguished road

Hi Katy

First of all, welcome to Como! Would be happy to meet up if you're interested. I'm afraid I won't be here for much longer as we've made the decision to move back to the UK after almost 4 years here, but jobwise something's got to give.

Are you looking for work over here too?

Regards

Sarah
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

MissSP is on a distinguished road

PS. Facebook is a good place to meet people. Are you on there? If you PM me your name I can add you and then introduce you to some of my other English/expat friends here.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

KatyR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Thank you so much for your replies. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you....I haven't quite worked out how this site works yet and I have only just seen the messages!

Sarah, I would love to meet up if I'm not too late? It would be great to be able to pick your brains before you leave! I have a few osteopathy opportunities lined up for when I feel confident enough with the language but I am looking for anything else to keep me afloat!

I will pm my Facebook details!

Lorna, thanks for your reply....even if we can't meet in person then hopefully we can be 'forum friends!!'
Katy
Old Aug 29th 2012, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

KatyR is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarah, I can only send you a pm when I have 3 or more posts so I'm adding this just to get to that 3....!!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

a lot can happen in almost 6 years!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

scanno75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all! I am new to at the forum. Found it really interesting and looking for people who can help me on my research. We are a couple with a 2-year old son willing to move to Como, Italy during this year. This won't probably happen until my wife gets the Italian citizenship (which my son and I already have) but I'd really love any advice about where to settle down when we arrive. Since we have offshore jobs (working from home for US companies) we would just move but can't find any renting-apartment site and unsure that would be the best option. What do you think about it?

The forum is great. I don't see any posts from Sep-2012 though....hope this thread is still alive!

Cheers,

Scanno