Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

LIVING IN ITALY - A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

LIVING IN ITALY - A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

Old May 5th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

juliansdaughter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LIVING IN ITALY - A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP

Thank you, Lorna! I am going back in January hopefully for good so I will do my best to remember San Remo is in February and have a few good excuses in store.

Maggie
Old May 5th 2008, 8:54 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juliansdaughter
Thank you, Lorna! I am going back in January hopefully for good so I will do my best to remember San Remo is in February and have a few good excuses in store.

Maggie
If you any need any reminders I am quite happy to video it for you and send it on..... San Remo - plus Amici - plus Maurizio Costanzo - plus X Factor (italian version . not worth watching unless you have had a labotomy) and alos any soap operas like "vetrine" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm guessing that you won't be asking for my address .....................
Old May 6th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Nooooooooo....nooooooooo.... not Maurizio Costanzo! *cringes*
Old May 6th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road

I love this thread - makes me laugh.

I'm living in the Balkans and so much is similar to the attitudes here but the worrying thing is Italians are regarded as classy and sophisticated!!

However, the attitude to sex in the Balkans is much more relaxed and enlightened. So much so the stuff they get up to never ceases to amaze me.
Old May 6th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry season... oh yum yum yum. I know a lady at Garda who is always threatening to shoot the blackbirds for eating her cherries but luckily it's also anatroccoli season and she's too busy keeping her cat away from the pond.

Maggie
Old May 7th 2008, 11:40 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
so do you make your own sangria or fruit punch ??? When can we all come to Florence for a jug full ????

Pimms and sangria I'm pretty good at. I love tintarosso from Spain - sangria without the fruit and on tap!!

If you fancy a train ride down let me know - best do it soon though before I have a full house again! If you look on my blog you'll see I even have a garden to sit and sip it in - unusual here in Florence!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Need to reopen this thread - if not for 'us regulars' then for the newer people to add their bit too. It was a good thread.

I have loved the summer - the sunshine and all the lovely free places to go.

I hate that the local pool put prices up making a family day more than about 25 Euro.

I love the spectacular summer lightening storms that can light a whole room.

I hate that all the electricity then goes off.

I love sitting out in a pizzeria , birreria, trattoria all evening and eating outside.

I hate the fact that all the motorways to the seaside ONLY ever get repaired in the height of summer causing traffic jams and then people stay closer to home causing traffic jams there too.